The Mark Twain Trail Summit is a celebration of local running clubs including Arch City Run Club, Daily Run Club, St. Louis Trail Running Club, Jefferson County Run Club, Columbia SMUT, Lake of the Ozarks Runners and the Saint Louis Ultrarunners Group.
The Mark Twain Trail Summit is held at Berryman Campground (Home of the Berryman Trail Races) Southwest of St. Louis.
The Summit begins at 7:30am with a group run (all paces/distances welcome) and ends with food, fellowship, and your standard tomfoolery.
To help with permitting and planning, we are going to charge a nominal fee this year. Registration will end on September 9th.
Can’t run? We would love to have you as a volunteer! Contact: Eric Buckley, Race Director
- September 9: Reg closes. You can still come, but it sure would be helpful for estimating food if you'd sign up in advance.
- September 10: Feel free to arrive the afternoon before and camp. Camping at Berryman is first come/first served, but there's plenty of space. Sit around the campfire, sing songs, go for a night run,... whatever floats your boat.
- September 11, 7:00AM: Check in. Grab your swag (see below).
- 7:30AM: Introduction of participating clubs; please have someone ready to tell the group why your club is the best.
- 7:45AM: Musical sendoff.
- Later that day...: Run as far as you want. Recommended distances are 12 (out and back), 18 (short loop), or 26 (full loop) miles, but it's totally up to you. When you get back we'll have the grill fired up with burgers (meat and bean), and all the fixin's plus a few coolers of beer, water, and soda.
With COVID cancelling all our events last year, we have a surplus of SLUG stuff. So, instead of shirts, all participants can take their pick from our existing race inventory. Early bird gets the worm, so if you have a favorite in mind, show up when we open.
Please bring a side dish or dessert to share for the post-run picnic. Also (and this is going to be a SLUG thing going forward at all our post-race parties), please bring your own plate and utensils to help cut down on waste. We will have some disposable stuff if you forget, but do the planet a favor.
Also standard for all SLUG events going forward: no disposable cups. We'll have water and some snacks out on course, but you're not likely to make it around the Berryman loop without having something to carry water in, so just plan on using your own hydration system for everything.
Local time: 12:02 PM