Carter Caves Half Marathon
When: Saturday May 16, 2020
Where: Carter Caves State Park
344 Caveland Dr
Olive Hill, KY 41164
45 Minutes from Huntington WV
1 hour 30 Minutes from Lexington KY
1 hour 30 Minutes from Charleston WV
2 hours from Cincinnati OH
2 hours 30 Minutes from Louisville KY
2 hours 30 Minutes from Columbus OH
Proceeds from race go towards Kentucky State Parks/Friends of Carter Caves
Half Marathon :
Approximately 13 miles of mostly single-track trail. START ELEVATION 944 FT - MAX ELEVATION 1069 FT - GAIN 1671 FT
These trails are quite technical by trail standards with many rocks and roots. Runners will be treated to miles of winding single-track trails and natural landmarks that include stunning rock overhangs, Raven Bridge, Fern Bridge, Smokey Bridge, Shangra La Arch, Natural Bridge, Smoky Valley Lake, and many of the State Parks famous caves. This course is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Bring your camera and a dry pair of socks. There will be creek crossings and your feet will get wet!
Half marathon = 6 hours
The Half Marathon will have 3 aid stations (one aid station you will pass twice).
Aid stations will have normal aid station fare. This is water, coke, electrolytes, granola bars, gels, etc.
Unfortunately no refunds for 2020
All registrations include race, pre race fun, race shirt, finishers award, and some of the best views at the #bestkeptsecretinkentucky
Race Weekend Schedule
Friday May 15th, 2020
Local time: 6:08 AM
• 6:00pm-8:00pm | Runner packet pick-up @ Lewis Caveland Lodge Meeting Space.
• Optional Meeting with Runners at 8:00pm @Lewis Caveland Lodge.
Saturday May 16th, 2020
• 5:30 am – 7am | Mandatory check in/Bib Pickup @ Lewis Caveland Lodge Meeting Space
• 7:00 am | Race Announcements @ Fraley Amphitheatre
• 7:15 am | Half Marathon Start @ Fraley Amphitheatre
• 12:00 pm – Post-Race Awards/Celebration @ Fraley Amphitheatre
Awards will be given to top 3 Male and Female
For more details visit EJ Adventures.