DION Nor'easter Snowshoe Series
Pre-registration for the series has ended. Registration for individual races is available day-of beginning 1 hour before the race starts. See you out there!
- January 11, 2020, 8:00 AM: 5k & 10k* - CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF SNOW
- January 19, 2020, 6:30 PM: Night race #1 -- 5k - CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF SNOW
- January 25, 2020, 9:00 PM: Night race #2 -- Midnight Madness 5k - CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF SNOW
- February 1, 2020, 8:00 AM: 10k & half marathon*
- February 15, 2020, 6:30 PM: Night race #3 -- Mid-winter Sprint 3k
- March 7, 2020, 6:30 PM: Night race #4 -- Punxsutawney Phil 5k
The Merck Forest Snowshoe Ultra on March 1 is also part of the DION Nor'easter Snowshoe Series! More info & signup HERE
All of the Nor'easter nighttime races are held on a fully-lit groomed loop at Viking Nordic Center. You don't need a headlamp to see the course!
Night races are a great way to try snowshoe racing for the first time, and they also make the perfect date night! A section of the course is even lit with kerosene lanterns!
Want to know what it's like to run on lit trails at night? Check out this video from Peak Focus Photography of the 2019 Midnight Madness!!
***PLEASE NOTE*** Although you're not required to use it, you are required to carry a headlamp or flashlight with you at the night races for safety reasons.
All snowshoes must meet USSSA legal size requirements (at least 120 square inches and no smaller than 7" x 20")
Local time: 3:24 PM
Poles are not allowed. Accommodations can be made for blind/visually impaired and mobility-challenged athletes -- email email@example.com