The Ledlenser Trails In Motion Film Tour is an annual international film and content showcase for the community, by the community, bringing a collection of the finest trail and ultra running films to passionate audiences around the world. The 2020 Trails in Motion festival will be featured as part of the annual RACE-MANIA Summit and Expo in Boston, an event designed to educate, equip and inspire endurance athletes preparing for a new season.
The films will be shown in the state-of-the-art Dance Theater at the Boston University Fit Rec Center located at 915 Commonwealth Avenue in Boston (enter from the Buick Street entrance).
The film festival in Boston is brought to you by Barn to Run, New England's first and only farm-based trail race series (http://barntorun.com/), The Stringbean - Joe McConaughy and Move Free, a lifestyle brand designed to inspire adventure and give back to the planet (http://www.movefreedesigns.com/),
2:00pm - Access to the RACE-MANIA seminars and expo
4:05pm - "Lessons Learned from My World Record Run of the Appalachian Trail" presented by Joe McConaughy
4:45pm - RACE-MANIA Grand Prize Giveaway from the RACE-MANIA expo floor
5:00pm - Trails in Motion film festival
NOTE: Joe's presentation and Trails in Motion will be in the BU Fit Rec Dance Theater. The RACE-MANIA Grand Prize giveaway will be announced from the expo floor inside the BU Fit Rec (winner must be present)
Included in Your Ticket Price
The $10 ticket price includes:
* Admission to the film festival where you'll get to see 4 great short films
* A chance to win the RACE-MANIA Grand Prize Giveaway, the Marathon Sports Ultimate Runner's Package (a value of $1,000+)
* $5 off any of the races in the 5/25/20 Powisset Farm Trail Run in Dover, MA
* A discount on Move Free gear
* A RACE-MANIA Virtual Event Bag with savings on races, gear and more
* Admission to the RACE-MANIA expo starting at 2pm which is also inside the BU Fit Rec Center. The expo features 75+ exhibitors including coaches, clubs, event directors, and retailers and manufacturers of gear, apparel, training aids, nutritional products and more. Go here to see the complete list of 2020 exhibitors: http://race-mania.com/boston/the-expo/
Trails in Motion features 4 short films and the running time is about 90 minutes. The four films are
(1) Coming Home – Ag Teacht Abhaile; Paddy O’Leary grew up in Wexford, Ireland, but didn’t discover his love and talent for running until he moved to San Francisco. Now, he is returning to Ireland to take on the fastest known time on the self-navigated 115 kilometer Wicklow Round, and to rediscover his home through the lens of running.
(2) Frosty: On the surface, Anna Frost looks like a competition-driven elite ultra runner having won some of the hardest races in her sport. One would probably think the desire to win is what drives Anna to trail run. To her, trail running is a gateway to connection. Connection to nature. Connection to community. And ultimately, connection to the self. The film will get viewers stoked to learn more about the fabled, “Frosty” yet she is about to go through the hardest challenge of her life, Motherhood.
(3) Human Powered: Every year, trail runners from around the world line up to test themselves at the grueling Finlayson Arm 100km on Vancouver Island. Human Powered looks beyond the finish line, into the community of dedicated volunteers who bring this event to life.
(4) LEADMAN | The Dave Mackey Story: Former Ultrarunner of the Year, Dave Mackey was revered for his toughness well before May of 2015. After a serious trail running accident lead him down a difficult road to recovery, he is back and taking on one of the most grueling tests of endurance, the Leadman — 5 events spanning just 2 months, with the legendary Leadville 100 Mile Ultramarathon as the grand finale.