Run for the Hills
Run any day between May 1-4, 2020
Check Race Website
all weekend long for updates.
Trail runners, let’s put that yearn for the mountains to good use!
We have created a virtual vert challenge that can be taken on by all runners; whether you are lucky enough to have access to steep singletrack, a small neighborhood road incline, or even the stairs in your house.
We're using a scoring formula inspired by the International Trail Running Association (ITRA) and factor in the amount of repeats into your total score, not just the amount of vertical gain and distance.
Creativity and opportunity are king! Challenge yourself against other runners and your own ability to find adventure within your current settings. Oh, and be safe!
All participants will gain access to the event Strava group, and will be eligible to win amazing sponsor giveaways.
How to Participate
- Sign up before April 30th!
- Request access to our Strava Club and join
- (Optional: Download and Print your Race Bib)
- Find your biggest, baddest, safest hill to race your Virtual VERT Challenge.
Anytime between May 1-4 is race day.
One! activity will be counted for this event.
- Label your incredible hill climb activity in Strava with the following:
- The Hashtag: #virtualvert
- Your total score for this activity, using our formula.
- A screenshot of your elevation, profile so we can verify your reps.
Brag about your amazing hill-slaying on social media using the hashtags: #virtualvert and #rockcandyrunning
Distance Run in Miles
(Vertical Feet Gained Divided by 100)
(Number of Reps on 'Your Local Hill')
Your Total Score!
- Access to Strava Club.
- Bragging rights for top finishers.
- Winners will be announced on the podcast 'Singletrack'.
- Every runner gets an awesome sticker.
- Downloadable race bib.
- Chance to win awesome sponsor swag.
Thank you Sponsors
• Tailwind Nutrition
Local time: 5:58 AM
• Altra Running
• Rise Brewing Co.
• Trail Butter
• Territory Run Co.
• Squirrel's Nut Butter
• Heritage Bank