The Forest Ranch Four Is Now Virtual!
Things seem a bit upside-down right now. Let's turn them right side up together!
1. Run your distance any time between when you register and Sunday, April 19th at midnight.
2. Please be sure to take a picture or selfie of your run and also your results on whatever device you measure your distance on, be it a watch, phone app or treadmill screen. Once you have your pictures, please send it no later than Monday, April 20th by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. If you have social media (Facebook or Instagram), post a picture of your run whether outside, on a treadmill or any other running choice you've got! We want to see it and be there with you!!! If we have to run virtually, let's do it together and cheer each other on!
4. Each runner who completes their distance by midnight on April 19th will receive a finishers medallion, race t-shirt and personal sized bottle of hand sanitizer. Pick up your swag at a future Loco event, locally in Chico when social distancing is lifted and we have the all clear to be out and about again or, if you are not local, we can mail it to you!
5. This run counts towards earning your Loco Race Series hoodie 2020! You can find details on earning that coveted hoodie on the homepage of our website at www.Loco.Run
You can find us on FaceBook in our group named "The Loco Race Series". Ask to join the group, we will approve it and you can post your virtual race there! You can also find us on the Forest Ranch Four page @ForestRanchFour.
If you prefer Instagram, we are @locoraceseries. Please tag us in your post!
Since we can't all Run Loco and party together in person, let's make this a huge virtual running party between now and April 19th! Feel free to post on any or all of the social media outlets mentioned here!
Check out The Loco Go Big or Go Home Challenge, in June, and all of our other races at www.Loco.Run . Don't forget, you can earn a unique Loco Race Series Hoodie by running 3 Loco Race Series races in 2020! See our website for more details.
Can't wait to run virtually with you! In the meantime, stay healthy, happy and Loco!
Forest Ranch Four - 2021
This is what our 2021 race will look like!
Local time: 8:03 PM
Join us for the first foot race to ever go through Forest Ranch, Ca (just a 20 minute drive from Chico)!
Run through an enchanted forest, along Butte Creek and past the old mining areas that pulled out some of the counties' largest gold nuggets during the gold rush. Enjoy wide, dirt trails that allow you to run uncongested and chat with friends or take the lead and relish in wide open spaces.
Take in stunning views of Carpenter and Thatcher Ridges and breathe in crisp, clean, fresh air. During your run, you will be surrounded by the forest, spring wildflowers and bright green moss covered rocks.
Like all Intrepid Adventures races, the Forest Ranch Four is dog friendly and family friendly. Walkers and hikers are invited to join us on the 4 mile distance, through the woods (please be sure and register, even if you are walking/hiking). If you are running the 50k, your forest adventure will take you up to Butte Meadows, to the infamous Bambi Inn (home to the Loco Race Series and BMT).
What do runners get with registration?
(Register by April 1st to guarantee all of your race goodies below!)
4 Miler: Long Sleeve T-shirt, Medallion, Delicious Griddle Made Post Race Meal & A Beer
15k: Long Sleeve T-shirt, Medallion, Delicious Griddle Made Post Race Meal & A Beer
Half Marathon: Long Sleeve T-shirt, Medallion, Hat & Delicious Griddle Made Post Race Meal & a Beer
50k: Long Sleeve T-shirt, Medallion, Hat & Delicious Griddle Made Post Race Meal & a Beer
Ask anyone who ran in 2019, the our griddle master makes the BEST post race meal on the planet! Your race menu includes Hash browns, Eggs, Sausage, Pancakes, Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions, Oatmeal with Apple compote, Robyn's Famous Salsa and Fresh Fruit! This is going to be a fun, challenging and absolutely gorgeous race. Put it on your Spring calendar now because there is a 200 participant cap on this race!
Want to view the course?
To view elevation profile, choose link below. Once on course map, click the actual course & a box appears. Choose "profile". An elevation profile will come up. Drag your mouse over the elevation profile and you can follow where it correlates on the actual course map.
4 Miler: https://caltopo.com/m/DU01
Half Marathon: https://caltopo.com/m/NFPG
Visit our website at www.Loco.Run for more info on the FR4 or to check out our other great races!