The Tour de Salisbury is a running tour of 12 different running routes with 12 different distances that we have created for you and your friends to run (or walk) throughout June and July!
This is a chance for you and your friends to run, compete and explore during the summer.
So how does this work? All Tour de Salisbury legs will be connected to a Strava segment and links to the legs will be posted here under the section "Tour Legs". To participate in the event you do not need Strava, however to compete for a podium spot (top 3) for a leg or for the entire event you WILL need to use Strava. We will be checking and verifying Strava for the top five men and women for each leg throughout the event. Those not competing for a podium spot can use a different GPS enabled running app. Once a leg has been run, runners will enter the time it took you to run the leg and a screenshot of the run on the website www.Brokerunner.com. The screenshot will have to include the GPS map, running time, actual time and the date. Runners are free to rerun a route for a better time within the two month period. So you run the actual routes on your own (or with a friend) and you compete with others participating. LEGS MUST BE ENTERED Within 24 hours of their completion for competitive reason. Runs should not be held for days, weeks or months in someone’s Strava back pocket. Runs can be completed on any day at any time within June or July. Legs can also be run in any order that a runner desires and as many time as a runner desires. Awards will be given to the top three men and women based on the overall time of the combined 12 legs of the event. Individual leg winners will also be recognized.
All participants will receive an event shirt and, if the runner completes the tour, a finishers’ award.
Registration will begin on December 8th at 7pm. We will share the locations of the missing legs as we get closer to the event. The event starts at 12:00am on Wednesday June 1st and ends at 11:59pm on Sunday July 31st. All runs must be entered by July 31st at 11:59pm.
Who is ready to complete and compete.... who is ready for The Tour de Salisbury?
Tour de Salisbury Legs
BE SURE TO NOT RUN UNDER THE MILES INDICATED FOR EACH LEG (go over if you want)
When you enter your runs under NOTES..... Enter the leg number.... 1 or 2 or 3 etc
Not entering the leg number will void the run.
Leg 1: Pemberton Park (3.9 miles)
Start route by crossing the field towards the tree line and follow the course clockwise.
Start/Stop at the wood fence in the corner of the parking area, next to the bathroom.
Pemberton Pin Drop
Leg 2: Naylor Mill - Director's Cut (4.2 miles)
Excellent news! This new route is longer and has more hills! Additionally, the old advice of “When in doubt, stay left” is back to being true. At all major junctions, GO LEFT! However, be mindful that there are some cut paths that you do not want to use. If it doesn’t look like a defined trail and appears to be a short-cut, don’t use it. We wouldn’t want you to miss any parts of this Delmarva Gem.
The trail is located at the end of the parking lot on your left of The Henry Parker Athletic Complex. Enter at the Naylor Mill Forest Trails sign, loop runs clockwise.
Start/Stop is next to the sign upon entry to the trails. Be sure to spray for ticks and chiggers before running. Be careful of the roots, rocks and hills.
Naylor Mill Map
Naylor Mill Pin Drop
Leg 3: Schumaker (4.0 miles)
Start at the end of the dock at Schumaker Pond Park. (1019 South Schumaker Dr. Salisbury, MD 21804)
• Run off the dock and take an immediate right onto the grass beach / pond edge.
• Follow the grass beach / pond edge to the wooden steps.
• Take the wooden steps up to street / parking lot level.
• Run out of the park and take a right onto South Schumaker Drive.
You should safely hug the right side of the street or run in the grass median.
• Take the first right, just before The Ward Museum onto the Schumaker Footbridge
• Cross the footbridge and take a right onto North Schumaker Drive.
You should hug the right side of the street or stay on the grass path.
• Right onto Schumaker Woods Road.
• Schumaker Woods Road becomes Granby’s Run.
• Follow Granby’s Run to Shelburne Way and take a left.
• Follow Shelburne Way to North Schumaker Drive and take a right.
• Follow North Schumaker Drive to Gunby Road and take a left.
• Follow Gunby Road to Glen Avenue and take a left.
• Follow Glen Avenue to Schumaker Lane and take a left.
• At the end of Schumaker Lane cross North Schumaker Drive and take a right onto the gravel path.
• Follow the gravel path to Beaglin Park Drive and take a left.
Do not cross Beaglin Park Dr. Follow the path past Schumaker Dam toward the Ward Museum Property.
• Once you have passed the pond take an immediate left into the Ward Museum Nature Trail.
• Follow the Ward Museum Nature Trail to the end at Schumaker Footbridge and take a right.
• Follow Schumaker Footbridge back to South Schumaker Drive and take a left.
• Take the next left into Schumaker Pond Park
• Go down the wooden steps to the grass beach / pond edge
• Follow the grass beach / pond edge back to the dock.
Finish where you started at the end of the Schumaker Pond Park dock.
Schumaker Pin Drop
Leg 4: Crisfield Loop (10.14 miles)
Stop / Start is at the 0 mile marker on the Route 413 Rail to Trail, you will make a clockwise loop around Crisfield marking your way through the “Down Neck” section of town continuing over the Arch Bridge and running past Somers Cove Marina. From the Marina you will run the “Strip” onto the Depot and through the Commercial Fishing processing area on 12th street. Back on “Strip” you will cut through the park area to get to the Little Boat Harbor. After a short out and back to Wellington Beach you will continue towards Hall Highway and past McCready Hospital. The last section will lead you down Byrd Roan onto Jacksonville Road where you navigate the crosswalks in front of Food Lion to reach Minden Avenue leading you back at the 0 mile marker.
Stop / Start is at the 0 mile marker on the Route 413 Rail to Trail
Make an immediate right onto Himman Lane
Left onto Mariners Road, follow Mariners Road to the end.
Right onto Old State Road
Left onto Freedomtown Road
Right onto Boone Road, follow Boone Road to the end.
Right onto Byrdtown Road
Right onto Calvary Road, follow to the end.
Left onto Woodson School Road (you will be facing Woodson Elementary when making this turn)
Left onto Robert Norris Drive
Right onto Norris Harbor Drive (this turn is at the first intersection and will lead you to run with Somers Cove Marina on your left. Do not run towards the Coast Guard Station)
Left onto Cove street which turns into South 7th Street
Left onto Broadway, follow until you are facing a gate to enter the marina
Right onto 8th street
Left onto West Main / Richardson Ave and run to the end where you will see the City Dock / Depot.
Run onto the City Dock past the first pavilion towards the two story pavilion at the back.
Turn around at the end of the dock and follow the sidewalk through the small park making a left to enter the small alley at the back of the park.
Right onto Broad Street at the end of the alley
At the end of Broad Street make a right onto 9th street
Left onto West Main / Maryland Avenue
Right into the pocket park (just before you reach Family Dollar)
Run through the park and over the bridge in the back onto Brik Kiln Road (directly behind the library)
Run to the end of Brik Kiln Road and make a left onto Lorie C. Quinn Sr. Drive.
Run past the condos and loop around at the end of Lorie Quinn, run to the end on Lorie Quinn
Left onto Wynfall Avenue
Left onto Hall Highway, follow Hall Highway over the bridge and run in front of McCready Hospital
Hall Highway turns into Byrd Road, follow Byrd Road to the end
Right onto Jacksonville Road
Follow Jacksonville Road to Maryland Ave and use the crosswalk to get to the sidewalk in front of Food Lion.
Follow the sidewalk to the crosswalk crossing Maryland and Richardson Avenues, you will cross to the Richardson Ave side of the street
Use the next cross walk to cross over to Somerset Avenue heading south
Make your first left off of Somerset Avenue onto Minden Ave
Left onto Himman Lane, run to the end back to the 0 mile marker on the 413 Rail to Trail.
Crisfield Loop Map
Crisfield Loop Pin Drop
Leg 5: Ocean Pines (9 miles)
South Gate Pond. parking lot on the corner of Cathell road and Ocean Parkway. Segment start and finish at the end of the fishing pier (parking lot end of pier).
Turn by turn
Head out of the parking lot towards the fire station, turning right on Ocean Parkway and run approx 1 mile.
Make a right onto Footbridge Trail (the road).
Turn left onto the marked trail (across from mailboxes).
Follow the orange arrows throughout the trail (approx 1.5 miles of trail. You will cross over roads 5 times during this trail section, but keep looking for orange arrows or trail signs). The trail will end back on Ocean parkway (you will know you are at the end when you are at mailboxes and there is a median to cross on the road).
Turn left and run straight back to the lake.
Turning left onto the Lake Trail (just past the four way intersection, before passing the lake).
Follow the trail around to the fence post across from the Veterans Memorial.
Turn left and follow the gravel driveway towards the library.
Cross Cathell Road into the library parking lot. Head to the back right corner of the lot(Northeast) towards the tree line and you will see a trail head.
Follow that trail (approximately 2 miles, running parallel to Rt 90). Notes: Stay to the left when you get to the lake, and after you cross over the drainage swell. Stay on the trail when you get to the golf course, and you will end at the cart path/Ocean Parkway/Rt 90 overpass.
Turn right onto Ocean Parkway and follow the road back to the lake to finish.
Ocean Pines Map
Ocean Pines Pin Drop
Leg 6: Public Landing
Leg 7: The Trail Mile (1.6 miles)
Winterplace Park has made it to the Tour!
Begin at the white swinging gate (across from the bathrooms). Proceed on the gravel path towards the trails. About 1/10 mile in, you will veer right off the gravel path onto a trail. Follow this trail (you will come across one turn option, stay left) until you see a bridge. Take a hard right onto the bridge. You will follow this trail until it ends (you will see a gate that accesses a road) and turn left onto the trail/fire road. Follow until you come to the open area where the power lines run. Turn left. Follow for a short time until you veer right onto a trail. Follow this trail all the way around until it intersects the power lines again. Turn left, then your first right back onto the trail. Follow until you see the bridge again, cross the bridge and follow the gravel path/trail back to the start/finish.
The Trail Mile Map
The Trail Mile Pin Drop
Leg 8: Tyaskin (7.3 miles)
Start on Wetipquin Road on the north side of the Wetipquin Creek Bridge. • Run over the bridge, past the Wetipquin Park.
Wetipquin Park will be on your right
• Follow Wetipquin Road to Nanticoke Road and take a left.
• Take an immediate right onto Jesterville Road
• Follow Jesterville Road to Bivalve Lodge Road and take a right.
• Follow Bivalve Lodge Road to Texas Road and take a right.
• Follow Texas Road to Nanticoke Road and take a left.
• Cross Nanticoke Road when safe, run past the church and straight onto Bivalve Wharf Road
Bivalve Wharf Road is an out-and-back
• Follow Bivalve Wharf Road to the end of the wharf and turn around and run back towards the church • Before the church, take a left onto the dirt road that goes through the church cemetery
• Follow the dirt road into Cedar Hill Park where it becomes Cedar Hill Parkway (paved)
• Follow Cedar Hill Parkway past the marina and take a left onto Sunset Drive (dirt)
• Follow Sunset Drive. Stay right at the fork and continue on Sunset until it intersects with Insley Drive • Right onto Insley Drive (paved)
• Follow Insley Drive to Tyaskin-Nanticoke Road and take a left.
• Follow Tyaskin-Nanticoke Road to Tyaskin Road and veer left
• Follow Tyaskin Road into the Village of Tyaskin and all the way to the end of the wharf at Tyaskin Park. Tyaskin Road is an out-and-back
• Turn around and go back up Tyaskin Road to Tyaskin Church Road and take a left. • Follow Tyaskin Church Road to Wetipquin Road and take a left
• Follow Wetipquin Road, past Wetipquin Park, across the bridge.
Wetipquin Park will be on your left
Finish where you started at the end of the north side of the bridge.
Leg 9: The Salisburian (7 miles)
This leg will show you all over Salisbury, but there are a lot of twists and turns. It is probably best to share the turn by turn instructions for this leg. Enjoy the ride. Check this out:
Start Union Ave. & Emerson Ave.
• Run west on Union Ave. (away from Rt. 13) • Veer left on Monitor Ct.
• Left onto West London Ave.
• Right onto Boston Ave.
• Left onto Hickory Ln.
• Right onto North Division St.
• Right onto New York Ave.
• Follow to end and take sharp left.
1 • Follow street onto Lakeside Dr.
• Left onto Ferndale Rd.
• Right onto West Philadelphia Ave.
• Right onto North Division St.
• Right onto Oakdale Rd.
• Follow Oakdale Rd. around until it ends at Isabella St.
• Cross Isabella St. onto Park Ave.
• Follow Park Ave. to “T” at West Chestnut St. & take a right. • Left onto Mill St.
2 • Left onto Lemmon Hill Ln.
• Left onto Rt 50 - Ocean Gateway (use sidewalk)
• Go past the church, take a quick left then quick right onto Broad St. (BLM Blvd.)
• Right onto Rt. 13 North Salisbury Blvd. (Use crosswalks and sidewalks)
• Continue past Calvert St., E. Main St., E. Market St., & the Riverwalk north bank entrance. • Take a right at the Riverwalk Ampitheatre sign onto the south bank Riverwalk entrance. • Follow the south bank of the Riverwalk to the footbridge.
• Cross the footbridge and at the end take a left onto the north bank of the Riverwalk.
• Follow the north bank Riverwalk to Market St.
3 • Left onto Market St.
• Follow Market St. past Market Street Inn, cross Circle Ave. and continue onto the Riverwalk. • Go past the Edible Garden on the Riverwalk to Mill St.
• Right onto Mill St.
• Right onto West Main St. (The Bullevard)
• Left onto Baptist St.
• Right onto Church St.
• Left onto Rt. 13 - North Salisbury Blvd.
• Left onto Broad St. (BLM Blvd.) and quick right onto Ellen St.
4 • Quick left into Chipman Boundless Playground. Follow Playground paved path to Poplar Hill Ave. • Right onto Poplar Hill Ave.
• Left onto Elizabeth St.
• Right onto North Division St. and follow to end.
• At end of North Division follow the sidewalk onto Rt. 13 - North Salisbury Blvd., past the gas station.
5 • Left onto Bridgeview St.
• Right onto Westchester St. Follow Westchester St. to end where it comes into Talbot St. • Soft Left onto Talbot St.
• Right onto Emerson Ave.
• Left onto Deers Head Hospital Rd. and follow to the paved nature path (on your left)
6 • Veer left onto the paved nature and follow the path past the“V” point patio area.
• Veer right onto the next path that will direct you toward the front of the main building
• Once you exit the nature path, go past the main Hospital building back to Deers Head Hospital Rd. • Follow Deers Head Hospital Rd. back to Emerson Ave.
• Right onto Emerson Ave.
7 Finish Union Ave. & Emerson Ave.
The Salisburian Pin Drop
Leg 10: Trap Pond Reinvented (5.6 miles)
Start at the Trap Pond sign at the boat ramp parking lot (Same as traditional Trap route) follow the bob trail counter-clockwise toward the main office. Stay straight, go off the bob trail onto island trail, under the wooden arch. Turn right onto the American Holly Trail, crossing the bobtrail, turn left onto huckleberry trail, follow signs, re-enter the woods, cross over wooten road, staying on Huckleberry, at next Wooten road crossing, pick up the bobtrail, turning right on the road to cross the bridge, re-enter the woods on bobtrail, turn left at the intersection near the church, stay on bobtrail, turn left toward cypress point, follow to the disc golf field, cross over the field along the treeline to the road, turn right on the road, turn left to Connector Trail toward the campground (first trail on the left); follow that to the campground, turn right down the first lane of the main campground at the stop sign, stay on the campground road, curving to the left, re-enter the bobtrail between yellow truck entry markers to rejoin the bobtrail- go left, follow it around to the boat ramp lot, finishing again at the sign!
Trap Pond Reinvented Map
Trap Pond Reinvented Pin Drop
Leg 11: Chincoteague (10.5 miles)
Start/Finish at The Island Nature Trail on Chincoteague. You begin in the parking lot of the Nature Trail. To start, run the Nature Trail clockwise and then take a left onto Hallie Whoalton Smith Drive. Follow Hallie to Main Street and take a Left. Continue on Main until it intersects with Maddox Blvd. Take a left on Maddox and follow Maddox across the entire island of Chincoteague, keeping on the left side of the road and through the roundabouts. Maddox turns into Beach as it crosses over to Assateague island. Follow the road until you see a paved trail branch off on your left. That trail will slightly touch the WildLife Loop parking lot, just be sure to veer to your left. The trail will take you to the wildlife loop, which is a paved loop that can accommodate bikes and cars as well as runners. Take a LEFT onto the loop. Follow the loop CLOCKWISE until you reach the car entrance back to the Wildlife Loop parking lot (not the same paved trail, but the car entrance). Run through the parking lot and follow the trail to your left that runs parallel to Beach road. Cross Beach Road to enter the Lighthouse trail. Run the Lighthouse trail CLOCKWISE (There are two entrances, take the trail to the left and follow it clockwise). After the Lighthouse trail take a left onto Beach Road. Run the road back off of Assateague. Continue on Beach Road/Maddox until it intersects with Chicken City. Cross Chicken City Road and then turn right crossing over Maddox following Chicken City Road. Follow Chicken until Deep Hole Road. Take a right on Deep Hole Road and then a left unto Hallie Whoalton Smith Drive. Follow Hallie back to The Island Nature Trail parking lot. Celebrate by stopping at Island Creamery for a treat.
Chincoteague Pin Drop
Leg 12: Assateague (7 Miles)
Local time: 3:46 PM
Leg 12 is HERE!!! Vamos a la playa! Whoa. Wait. What? That’s right. Get your sand legs ready. What would a Delmarva run be without a little run in the beach. Start/Finish at the flag pole at The Assateague Visitor center. Take the sidewalk to 611 and take a right toward the Verrazano Bridge. Run all the way to the beach (1.25 miles). Cross over the dune and then run north (left) toward Ocean City along the beach. Run on the beach for an additional 1.5 miles (2.75 on your GPS) and then turn around. Run back to where you started in the beach (the will be a Youth Camping sign where you start and finish the beach section). Run back across The Verrazano Bridge and PAST The Assateague Visitor center. On you left hand side you will see The National Parks Service. Turn left and run straight back and you will see a trail. Enter the trail and follow it until you see the Rackliffe Loop sign where you will turn RIGHT. Follow the trail to the Rackliffe House and run around the shed and to the trail in your left. Follow the trail (not the gravel road when it splits) until it returns to the visitor center. Run left around the visitor center back to the flag pole. :)
Assateague Pin Drop