Registration Open Until Labor Day
Register any time before September 7 and log your miles before the end of Labor Day! All participants get perks from best-in-class partners, and all finishers entered into prize pool raffle (details below)
Check out the LIVE LEADERBOARD and be sure to click on someone's name to see in the hidden surprise. Compete for 100 miles with vert, 100 miles without vert, or "half a Hardrock" - details below!
Our First Virtual Challenge
Circumstances beyond our control have kept the Hardrock family physically apart for two consecutive years. Though the course has been lonely without its runners, we have been working on ways to share its beauty with you, wherever you may be. We've partnered with PWR Lab to create the 2020 Hardrock Virtual Challenge and bring the magic of Hardrock to our entire community!
Join thousands of ultrarunners in experiencing the majesty of Hardrock while simultaneously supporting the beloved towns of Silverton, Ouray, Lake City and Telluride.
World Class Partners & Perks
WINNER & FINISHER PRIZE POOLS
6 overall winners (top male and female from each challenge), will be entered into a drawing and randomly awarded one of the following prizes. All additional prizes not drawn for the 6 winners will be randomly awarded to finishers of the challenges:
- Smartwool – Prize packs including a top layer, bottom layer, mid layer and socks
- Ultimate Direction – Comfort Belt, FK Ultra Poles, Utility Belt, Ultra Vest and Ventro Windshell
- Suunto – 2 Suunto 9 Barro watches
- Tailwind – Prize packages each including a 30 serving bag of Endurance Fuel, a bag of Rebuild and a variety pack
- Black Diamond – Distance Pack, Carbon Distance Z Pole and a Distance Windshell
- Squirrel's Nut Butter – Prize packages each including a 1.7oz stick and a 2.0oz tub of Squirrel's Nut Butter, either original or vegan
- Kahtoola – 3 pairs of the new EXOspikesTM footwear traction
PERKS FOR ALL REGISTRANTS
Promotions from our partners & sponsors that all Hardrock Virtual Challenge participants have access to
- Smartwool – one-time use discount code for all products
- GU – Free three month supply of Probiotic Plus Capsules
- Ultimate Direction – one-time use discount code for 30% off all products
- Suunto – one-time use discount code for all products
- Tailwind – one-time use discount code for 20% off all products
- Black Diamond – one-time use discount code for 20% off all products
- TrailRunner Mag – discounted subscription
- Squirrels Nut Butter – one-time use discount code for 20% off all products
GIVEAWAYS, DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX
Sent from our partners to all registered participants (unless opted-out of)
- Altra – fandanas and buffs
- GU – GU Rocktane samples
How Does It Work?
Complete one of three distinct challenges, each inspired by the iconic Hardrock 100 course:
Local time: 7:39 AM
– Hardrock Hundred: Accumulate 100 miles with at least 33,000 feet of vertical gain.
– Hardrock Flat as a Pancake: Accumulate 100 miles with no elevation requirement, specifically designed for those who live in areas where finding big hills may prove to be difficult.
– Half a Hardock: Accumulate 56.6 miles of any kind, with no elevation requirement, to simulate the course from Silverton to Ouray.
Complete your challenge in a single run, or in multiple efforts – as many as you need – between now and August 23. Results tracking is automated through PWR Lab (using a compatible GPS watch or your phone), or through manual entry on the honor system.
Track progress on an interactive map and leaderboard to see who crosses the line first, who gets there the fastest, who does the most climbing, and who just gets out there and gets the work done. Follow along to see the 360 view of your virtual place on the actual Hardrock course!