The Important Details/Rules:
Local time: 3:52 PM
1. This is a new course in the series.
2. Each of these organized runs will have a maximum number of participants set at just 30 runners so spots will be very limited
3. All runs will be held on legally open trails
4. Each run will be an out and back. It will be marked exceptionally well.
5. All runs will have a 30k and 50k option
6. Each run will offer a beautiful finisher medal handmade in the USA, and an awesome finishers shirt made in the USA
7. Each individual run will have precise results that will be loaded to ultrasignup the same day as the fun run
8. These fun runs can be ran as competitive as you want. If you choose to run it fast then feel free to! Your finish time will be recorded 100% accurately from the time you start to the time you finish.
9. Each run will have two wave starts so as to not ever have a group of more than 10 people together in one spot
10. When you finish your run you will collect your finisher medal, shirt, and cold bottled water (which will be sanitized/wiped and in a sanitized/wiped gallon ziplock bag).
11. Results will be posted that day on ultrasignup ,Facebook, and the website runningisnotclosed.com
12. These runs are limited to CA residents
AID STATIONS: For each of the run in the series you will have three aid stations along your routes that you will hit on your “out and back” courses. These aid stations will be zero contact aid stations. Runners are not allowed under any circumstances to touch anything. You must enter the minimal aid station, open your own pack or bottle, and the volunteer will pour water or electrolyte for you while the volunteer wears gloves. There will be no food or cups. Aid station will have: Water, Fluid electrolyte, GU gels and GU waffles, tons of pre-packed snacks, and ice. Ice will only be touched by the volunteer using a scooper. These aid stations will be incredibly minimal and follow all safety and sanitary rules.
The route is an out and back, and ran 100% on trails. The 50k will have three aid stations total. One of which will be hit twice. The 30k will have one aid station at mile 9. Only 50k runners may have drop bags. You will see your drop bag at mile 15 (aid station and turn around spot). .
PLEASE READ: These runs are low key grassroots events that are meant to be fun. Running in the fresh air on trails is the best medicine for all of life’s stressors, and we want to give you that gift.