Race COVID guidelines - subject to change
Shelby Forest Loop Marathon and Half Marathon COVID-19 Management Plan
1) All race staff/volunteers and official race entrants must self-screen for COVID symptoms prior to attending the event.
2) The race aid station and the start/finish race director station will be clearly marked with signage and ground markers reminding runners of social distancing and masking requirements. All race staff and volunteers will wear disposable gloves and face masks. Hand sanitizer and wipes will be available.
3) The Saturday pre-race packet pickup is cancelled. Race bibs and shirts will be handed to runners as they drive into the race site, ie. the race will conduct a drive-thru packet pickup.
4) There will be no pre-race meeting. Runners will be expected to read the pre-race speech emailed to entrants prior to the race.
5) To allow for social distancing marathon runners will start at 8:00 AM, and the half marathon race will start at 8:30 AM.
6) To almost completely eliminate interaction between race volunteers and runners only water and Gatorade will be provided at the race aid station provided from contactless Water Monster hydration stations.
7) No crew or spectators will be allowed to congregate at the start/finish area or aid station and will be actively discouraged from attending the race.
8) Runners will be directed to immediately depart the race start/finish area after they finish their race and pick up their finisher medal and a desired post-race individual pre-packaged drink/snack.
9) Signs will be posted at the race site stating that “No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, if they have a positive diagnostic test for the virus that causes COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted in this area.”
Race entrants and volunteers must:
SELF-SCREEN FOR COVID SYMPTOMS
Please self-screen for potential symptoms before coming to the event. Prior to attending the event runners need to conduct a COVID symptom assessment the night before the race, and the morning of the race. COVID symptoms include the following:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle Pain
- Sore Throat
- Loss of taste or smell
Do not attend the race if you are sick or are affected by any of the above listed symptoms. If you are unable to attend the 2021 event due to COVID symptoms or need to self-isolate in accordance with CDC, state or your local guidelines, Altis Endurance Sport will be happy to defer your entry fee to the 2022 Shelby Forest Loop race or another Altis Endurance Sports event.
Runners shall run on the right side of the trail except when passing other runners. No slipstream running is allowed. A neck gaiter or bandana are good masks to use by runners when needed. Any runners in violation of social distancing may be disqualified and ejected from the race by the Race Directors.
Face coverings/masks must be worn by runners prior to the race start and after finishing the race. A neck gaiter or bandana are good masks to use by runners before, during, and after the race.
Race Info for the USATF Certified Courses
The 2021 Shelby Forest Loop Marathon and Half Marathon is a fun race that has also been a good one for runners searching for that elusive Boston qualification time. COVID precautions will be taken if still needed. The 2021 race is projected to fill. Volunteers earn free race entries. Email Mike at email@example.com if interested in volunteering.
Local time: 11:26 AM
Shelby Forest Loop Marathon and Half Marathon Web Page: https://altisendurance.com/events/shelby-forest-loop-marathon-and-half
USATF certified marathon and half marathon courses - TN14002MS and TN14001MS
The eighth annual Shelby Forest Loop Marathon and Half Marathon is set for Sunday, February 28, 2021. The marathon will start at 8:00 AM and the half marathon will start at 8:30 AM. The race will take place at Meeman Shelby Forest State Park in Millington, TN. The start/finish is located at 736 Piersol Rd Millington, TN 38053.