This event has been postponed from Dec 19, 2020. A new date has yet to be determined.
SQUATCHY UGLY SWEATER NIGHT TRAIL RACE
It's about time. The weathaas finally turned. SWEATAA WEATHAA! SWEATAA WEATHAA! SWEATAA WEATHAA! Join us at the beautiful Central Park in Morris Plains, NJ on Saturday December 19, 2020 for an epic night of trail running under the moon and stars! This is an UGLY SWEATER TRAIL PARTY! That's right, embrace the SWEATAA WEATHAA and bring your favorite ugly sweater. Ugliest sweater will take home a squatchtastic award! U.G.L.Y., you ain’t got no alibi, you’re ugly, hey hey, you’re ugly!
If you've never ventured out on the trail after dark, this is the perfect opportunity to jump into the squatchtastic world of night trail running! Each runner will take home a unique finishers' item and the 3 top male and female finishers for each distance will receive a special award.
All runners are REQUIRED to have a headlamp and/or flashlight. Runners are strongly encouraged to bring an extra headlamp/flashlight and extra batteries. We will not have extra to give out and we cannot permit you to run if you do not have a light. If you fail to bring a headlamp, not only will you not be permitted to run, but you'll also have to answer to David S. Pumpkins. **This is a cupless event; please bring a water bottle/cup**
Both the 5K and 10K start at 5:30PM. Check-in between 4:30PM-5PM
- We are accepting runners/hikers from any state that is NOT on the NJ Travel Advisory List. This list is updated often, so please take a look at it before you register. Non-NJ Residents who are registered for our event need to make sure their state is not on the list, the day that they travel to NJ. If you register for our race, and your state is added to the list, we will give you a 100% credit towards any 2020 or 2021 event (again, we will not offer refunds). https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj-information/travel-and-transportation/which-states-are-on-the-travel-advisory-list-are-there-travel-restrictions-to-or-from-new-jersey
- Although we do not anticipate this, in the event that the Morris County pulls the permit, we will give all pre-registered runners/hikers a 100% credit to any 2020 or 2021 Sassquad event. Please note, this means that we are not offering refunds on the non-refundable registration fee.
- The all-you-can-eat buffet, AKA Aid Station, will include all pre-packaged food. Although we don't love the waste this adds to our footprint, we are making every effort to reduce touch-points at the event. You are welcome to bring your own food/water!
- Runners/hikers will use a mask during check-in, at the start of the race and at the aid station. All runners will need to carry a mask/buff with them and should use them anytime you cannot stay 6 feet apart from other people.
- Please wait until 5 minutes before the start-time to come towards the starting line. If you are more comfortable waiting a few minutes for other runners/hikers to leave, you are more than welcome to start the race a few minutes late.
We are using the 5K Cross Country Course at Central Park in Morris Plains, NJ. This beautiful loop is a mix of grass and gravel with a few small hills. Most runners will find this course to be 100% runnable and could possibly earn a new PR! You can view the course map here: http://www.spfhsxctf.net/seasons/XC/coursemaps/greystone.pdf or in the picture gallery at the top of the registration page.
FAMILIES, MILITARY, VETERANS, NYNJTC MEMBERS
We want the WHOLE family to come out to our events! We have a special discount code for families registering 3 or more Squatches in the same household. Please email email@example.com before you register so we can give you the code! Sassquad Trail Running is proud to offer 20% off all events to all active duty military and Veterans. Must provide proof of service. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before you register for an event so we can provide you with a discount code. NYNJ Trail Conference members can receive 10% off of registration; please email email@example.com for the NYNJTC discount code!
Q: I don't have a headlamp or a flashlight, will there be any extra at the race?
A: We will not have extra headlamps/flashlights and we will not have extra batteries. You need to bring your own and make sure that it has fresh batteries. You'll find that we are super laid back, but this is something we won't mess around with. We will be checking to make sure that every runner has a headlamp and/or flashlight and will not make any exceptions. Please do not come without a headlamp/flash light and tell us that you are going to run with a friend who has one!!
Q: Is there race-day registration available?
A: No, we will not have race-day registration available this year!
Q: What happens if I get to the race and find out that my headlamp and/or flashlight is dead?
A: That's why we recommend bringing some extra batteries and even an extra headlamp/flashlight! We can't let you run/hike without a light.
Q: Can I bring my dog?
A: Negative. Max the Pug has to stay home for this event.
Q: Can I sign my kids up for Squatchayanda?
A: Yes! This is a family friendly event. However, YOU are responsible for your kids and need to run with them. Be sure to register your child separately and agree to the waiver for minors. Please keep track of Stefon and Debbie before, during and after the race. We only have 1 search-party and they're already out there looking for Sasquatch.
Q: What's the weather like in Morris Plains, NJ in December?
A: Yeah. What a wow it's been out in that side. This year 's got temps in this simple dip it. Why? Global warm it. Be sure to keep it safety. And, hey if you've got to go car on that icy road slowing it right down, Mmay? Hat.
A: It'll likely be cold and maybe snow. Dress warm and bring layers. If there's snow on the ground, it's not a bad idea to bring your spikes/yak-traks! AND DON'T FORGET YOUR UGLY SWEATAAA! Oh, and we recommend leaving those generously cut mom jeans at home.
Q: Talk to me about the finishers' swag. What do I get to take home with me after the race?
A: Besides memories that will last a lifetime, runners that pre-register will receive a squatchtastic finishers item. We will have squatchy awards for the top male and female runners.
Q: I could get lost in a brown paper bag and I'm worried that I'm going to get lost in the woods and be stranded alone in the dark. Will the course be marked?
Q: Whenever I get lost, I put my fingers under my arms, and then smell them like this…
Q: Ummmm... What?
A: Don't be worried about getting lost. Focus on following the reflective ribbons along the course. The light from your headlamp/flashlight will make the ribbons very visible. We will over-mark the course!!
Q: Speaking of directions, what’s the best address for me to use to get to the start/finish?
A: 1 GOVERNOR CHRIS CHRISTIE DRIVE, PARSIPPANY-TROY HILLS, NJ 07950 Use these GPS Coordinates on your phone to get you to the parking lot: 40°50'02.8"N 74°30'14.7"W
SASSQUAD TRAIL RUNNERS
We are a community of SASQUATCH-lovin' trail runners. Our goal is to provide FUN and challenging events for a reasonable cost and a worthy cause. (We like to think that) We have a good sense of humor, a full arsenal of sarcastic wit, useless trivia facts and a deep appreciation for cinematic and television masterpieces (as evidenced multiple times already). Follow us on Instagram @sassquadtrailrunners and like us on Facebook to get all of our Squatchy updates: www.facebook.com/sassquadtrailrunning
Thank you to our friends at Sneaker Factory, NJ! Sneaker Factory supports Sassquad Trail Running on and off the trails to help make the events as squatchtastic as possible! The Sneaker Factory is NJ's source for all things running: New Jersey's oldest and most well-known running store, originally opened in Millburn in 1978. Stop by one of our three convenient neighborhood locations and let us help you find the "perfect ride for every stride." Millburn, Florham Park and Basking Ridge. https://www.sneakerfactorynj.com/