Organized by Move-it Fitness LLC
RUN THE MITT
Michigan has a very cool and very recognizable state shape! How fun would it be to run the MITTen? Now you can... Virtually!!
Challenge yourself to Run or Walk 1,035 miles in 2021 (accumulated miles, not all at once) !!
Run the Mitt is a good way to stay motivated especially through the winter months. This challenge can be done...
SOLO = do all the miles by yourself
RELAY = gather some friends up and split the miles up.
What you get
We are excited about our Medal!!!
* 5" Shiny Silver Medal (that's almost as big as your hand), water section has translucent sections.
* 8 - 1" Checkpoint Lapel Pins
* Sublimated Ribbon!
* Optional Unisex short sleeve T-shirt= $20 includes shipping(no exchange)
* Optional Mens & Womens Long sleeve Hooded T-shirt= $29 includes shipping(no exchange)
* Free Shipping
* Online Results
*Invitation to private facebook group
*NOTE: All members of Relay teams will each receive their own set of checkpoint lapel pins & finisher medal.
How It Works
1) Register for 1,035 miles SOLO or RELAY
2) Submit your Miles. Honor system, NO proof necessary
3) Complete a Checkpoint Distance, we'll ship you a Checkpoint Pin (first checkpoint pin shipment will also include your sublimated ribbon)
4) Complete 1,035 miles, we'll ship your hard earned medal!!
* Shipping in U.S. included in registration
* International shipping: will be charged an extra cost during registration
WHEN DOES IT START / WHEN DOES IT FINISH?
Local time: 9:02 PM
* Starts January 1, 2021
*Ends December 31, 2021 (or when you're done)
DO I HAVE TO DO ALL 1,035 MILES ALL AT ONCE?
* No, this is a multiply day/month challenge to help motivate you to stay moving!
CAN I RUN or WALK?
* Yes, you can run, walk or any combination of both.
* Daily steps are not allowed, we prefer all miles to be Deliberate activities :)
WHAT COUNTS and DOESN'T COUNT FOR MILES?
= Run or Walk--- Road, Trail, Treadmill or Snowshoe
= Bike, Stair Steppers, Elliptical, Cross Country Skiing, Daily Steps
HOW / WHEN DO I SUBMIT MY RESULTS?
*answer coming soon
WHEN WILL I GET MY STUFF?
* 8 - 1" pins = will be shipped as you complete a checkpoint.
* Sublimated Ribbon = shipped with your first checkpoint pin.
* 5" Medal = shipped after completing the 1,035 miles.
* Optional T-Shirt and/or Hooded T-Shirt= Ordering will close January 14,2021 and Orders will ship out by February 15,2021
WHAT IS A CHECKPOINT?
* checkpoints are the miles it takes to get from city to city (kind of like virtual aid station/check-in points). See checkpoint/mileage list below...
1) South Haven = 215 miles
2) Manistee = 146 miles
3) Traverse City = 124 miles
4) Mackinaw City = 111 miles
5) Tawas = 164 miles
6) Bay City = 69 miles
7) Lexington = 132 miles
8) Rochester = 74 miles, ** you made it to the finish line 1,035 miles!!
WHAT CHARITY DOES THIS SUPPORT?
* OPC Meals On Wheels, Rochester Michigan