THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
What is Ramble Run?
This is a four-day backcountry running retreat that is all about fun...
Just bring your shoes, tent, sleeping bag, and adventurous spirit! We supply the fun, food, and scenery.
- No bib numbers
- No start times
- No results
- No pressure
Ramblers will run approx. 20 miles each day on a mix of trails and forest roads, then enjoy good food and drink around the campfire. Use it as a getaway with running friends, a training block, or a test for your next ultra.
Ramble has been doing this format for cycling retreats for 6 years (Ramble Rides) and now is expanding into running (another of our favorite activities). We keep our retreats small (max. of 55 participants) so we can get to know each runner, cater to their needs, and make sure they have a memorable experience. Come join us!
Ramble Runs are an experience you won’t soon forget. Four days of fantastic running, four night
- A Ramble Run is a catered and supported event. Want to know more about what a Ramble is? Check it out.
- Camping is provided on the night BEFORE the event start. We provide parking for vehicles.
All meals, drinks, and snacks are provided Tuesday night through lunch, Saturday—more about food on a Ramble.
- Full route support, including our lunch stop and aid stations.
- GPS files will be supplied to runners. Routes are marked, but GPS capability is recommended.
- Big Creek Lakes allows great swimming and water activities. If you’d like to add open water swimming to your weekend and plan to venture from shore, please bring a swim buoy for safety. We will have a volunteer Kayaker for support.
- Tuesday, July 19th: Arrive.
- Wednesday-Saturday: Run.
- Saturday afternoon: Depart.
Tent and van camping is available. Sorry, due to limited space, RV and trailers are not allowed.
The Ramble Run tours through Jackson County and the Routt and Medicine Bow National Forests. In total, you’ll run just about 90 miles, with nearly 10K feet of climbing. Our run stays at a single camp, running loops each day. We use Big Creek Lakes Campground, roughly 3.5 hours from Denver. The nearest town is Walden Colorado.
Local time: 8:44 PM
- Day 1: 18.4 miles. MAP
- Day 2: 24.4 miles. MAP
- Day 3: 22.6 miles. MAP
- Day 4: 20.4 miles. MAP