The UpRiver Running Fall Races hold a special place in our heart. This community event celebrates our love for the sport and unites participants from all walks of life with varying goals and experiences. The 10Km, 25Km, and 50Km distances offer something for everyone. Most of the course takes place on single track through some of our favourite trails in Thunder Bay. Participants will receive a finisher medal and the top 3 male and female from each distance will receive an award.
Long story long
- Free Kasper Transportation Shuttle to and from the race (Current River Community Centre: 450 Dewe Ave, Thunder Bay)
- Race Entries are non-refundable
- Participants can change their distance prior to registration close: No refunds issued for moving to a shorter distance, but the balance will be charged when moving up to a longer distance
- Optional T-shirt available for $30 extra under ultrasignup "STORE" tab--order by September 22nd (extended)
- This will be a cupless event, please bring a reusable cup/water bottle/hydration bladder
- Optional Hot Post Race Meal (vegan friendly) for $8 available under ultrasignup "STORE" tab
- Water station will be available on course between aid stations
- The 50K event will have a 9hr cutoff with a 4.5 hr cutoff at the 1/2 way point (25km mark) and a 6hr45min cutoff at the 3/4 of the way mark (last aid station at Cascades)
- Race bibs are transferable until the registration deadline (Saturday, September 22nd,11:59pm)
- 17 and under participants can register in any distance for $40.
- Early bird pricing until August 27th
- Capacity for each race: 50Km = 75 participants; 25Km = 150 participants; 10Km = 300 participants
The race start times are as follows:
50Km - 7:00am
25Km - 9:30am
10Km - 11:30am
*Start times are subject to change, based on possible changes to health guideline restrictions.
All races will begin and finish at the cabins in Centennial Park.
The 10K event will be a single loop course that heads from the cabins into Shuniah Mines and back.
The 25K event will be run on an out and back course that heads from the cabins into Shuniah Mines, tours Shuniah Mines, crosses back into centennial and ultimately to the aid station that will be located in the Cascade Conservation area parking lot. Runners will receive aid if needed and head on back. (The 25K Course involves over 2000 Feet of climbing in the out and back course)
The 50K event will have a 9hr cutoff with a 4.5 hr cutoff at the 1/2 way point (25km mark) and a 6hr45min cutoff at the 3/4 of the way mark (last aid station at Cascades)
We wanted to make this race as much fun single track as possible. The course we have set is 80% fun single track. We also like the idea of seeing the leaders and the camaraderie of an out and back style where you get the opportunity to encourage the other runners.
Should the event be cancelled after the payments have been processed, participants will be given the option to roll over their race entry to 2024 or receive a 50% refund on the race entry.
Event's current local time: 12:41 PM ET
To receive a t-shirt, you must have registered by September 22nd (extended). If the race is cancelled after this date, participants will still receive their paid shirt.
*PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to attend the event after submitting payment, registration fees (race entry, shirt and meals) are non-refundable.