“Arctic Frog” Endurance Run is a beginner’s Ultra marathon. This scenic course features a trilogy of pavement, wooded and crushed limestone trails that runs North and South of Des Plaines River (DPR) and Northwest Casey Trails. Make NO mistake- it will NOT be a “gimme” with a few challenges in stow (rolling hills) but fair! What's more, if lucky-this northern Chicago suburbia turns into a "Winter Wonderland" come December each year making it a unique running experience for anyone that haven’t tried running in the cold winter months!
50K Buckle Series | Explained
- There are 7 Frogs of different colors in the series (green, blue, orange, purple, yellow, red, and tie dye)
- One may collect them in NO particular order EXCEPT the "Tie Dye" Frog: which is the Final Frog in the series.
Upon completion of 7 Arctic Frog 50K run, you will be awarded the following:
- A shadowbox to showcase your achievement.
- A one-of-a-kind Arctic Frog GOLD coin with the inscriptions "I Did Not Croak!"
Interactive Course Map
Course Map - click BLACK arrow; follow YELLOW dot for direction of travel - https://froghopssports.com/events/#arcticfrog
a. 50K (31 mi) = 4 loops of 7.75 mi from Start/Finish to West Casey RD and back to Start/Finish
b. 25K (15.5 mi) = 2 loops of 7.75 mi from Start/Finish to West Casey RD and back to Start/Finish
c. 15K (9.3 mi) = 3 loops of 3.1 mi around Independence Grove
Packet Pick-up | Race Day Only
- By Independence Grove Welcome Center from 0630 thru 0715 hrs
- Driver's license-photo ID required picking-up for yourself or another runner.
- When you pick up your packet, PLEASE check your Bib for accuracy. Be sure your Name, Sex, Age Group, and Emergency Contact Numbers are CORRECT!
Race Timing & Swag Bag
- Electronic Chip Timed
- Race Shirt
- Medals - 15K & 25K | Buckles - 50K
- Plaques - Top 3 Male/Female per Category
1. By the Start/Finish behind the Welcome Center
2. By the North Pavilion just west of the Start/Finish
Race Address | Parking | Important Notes
- The race start is at Independence Grove, 16400 Buckley Rd, Libertyville, IL, 60048. When you first come into Independence Grove, you will need to stop at the shack there. Just mention that you are running the race and you will NOT be required to pay the $5 non-resident fee if live outside Lake County.
- The start will be near the Visitor's Center. Please park by lots B or C.
- Pacer: No.
- Pets: NO DOGS or pets on race weekend (runners, crew or pacers).
- Driver's license-photo ID required race morning check-in.
We are limited to daylight hours. Race cut off is 8 hours. For 50k runners: you MUST start your second loop no later than 11:30 AM in order to make the 3:30 PM cutoff. Runners NOT making the 11:30 AM cutoff will be reminded to pick-up the pace or choose to drop to 25K.
All 25k and 15k runners have 4 hours to finish your race.
- 50K -- 0730 hrs
- 25K -- 0730 hrs
- 15K -- 0745 hrs
There will be 2 fully stocked “heated” aid stations. All of which will provide water and sports drink e.g. Gatorade and Tailwind.
Main aid stations will have a variety of snacks, cookies, bacon, bacon-pickles, "hot" vegetarian and meat chilli, including bananas, oranges, pickles, pretzels, chips, Jelly Beans, M&M’s, Gummy Bears, trail mix, Cup-O-Noodles, chicken broth, coffee and hot cocoa.
There will be a tarp at the start/finish for drop bags. We will not be transporting any drop bags to any locations on the course.
What To Wear | Recommended Gear
AS Tents will have "heaters" but come ready for COLD weather and running in the snow regardless of the weather forecast. Bring EXTRA clothes (running pants, jacket(s), socks, gaiters and another pair of running shoes. This is Illinois after all … The weather does turn for the worst rather quickly!
10 Day Race Area Weather Forecast
Paste the link onto your browser | https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Libertyville+IL?canonicalCityId=aa08c3c6cb339319e9f9604a755dc6bc4895c585c5092d61de19b8f26b2ceeda
Notify the Registration Table by AS No. 1. Please DON'T JUST LEAVE THE RACE WITHOUT TELLING US!
Refund, Transfer and Deferral Policy
- No refund in the event that the RACE is CANCELLED due to inclement weather.
- Every transaction is final. No refund will be issued to anyone who at a later date decides to CANCEL his/her race entry. Your best option at that juncture is to DEFER your entry to the following year. See DEFFERAL Policy below.
- We are in extraordinary times with COVID19, but due to the related costs incurred for the event, we will not refund the monetary difference when one chooses to DROPDOWN from a longer race distance to a shorter one.
We allow transfer(s) but it must be made known to us 45 days before race day. Furthermore, TRANSFERS to a SHORTER DISTANCE though executed 45 days before race day will NOT receive any refund for the monetary difference of the longer race entry.
We allow deferral(s). In fact, NO QUESTION(S) will be asked as to your reason for the deferral but will only credit you up to 50% of your registration fee plus $10 processing fee for the following year. You have one year to "use" or "lose" it.
- There will be NO dropping down in distance(s) once you start the race. The race you start will be the race you will finish or DNF.
- If you DNF your distance, you will not get credit medal for a shorter distance. Only those with the tenacity and mental fortitude will finish.
Nearby Hotels from the Race
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chicago-Libertyville | Book online or call: 1-800-972-2494
77 West Buckley Road, Libertyville, IL 60048
Distance | 0.3 miles
Days Inn Libertyville | Book online or call: 1-847-816-8006
1809 N Milwaukee Ave, Libertyville, IL 60048
Distance | 0.5 miles
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago-Libertyville | Book online or call: 1-847-680-8828
2061 Shell Drive, Libertyville, IL
Distance | 2.7 miles
For Any Other Questions Contact Us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing everyone on December 3!
Local time: 1:26 AM
-Rey & Jodi