We require approval by email prior to registration. Qualifying standards include:
Category 1- Automatic qualifiers:
-Having participated in previous Desert RATS stage race.
-Have an official trail ultra finish, verified by a results link.
-Have an official stage race finish, verified by a results link.
Category 2- Qualifier pending approval:
-Have fastpacking/backpacking experience.
-Having an official trail marathon finish, verified by a results link.
-Have extensive experience working in extreme heat.
-Submit a proposal describing extensive experience in extreme conditions that demonstrates
-Specific and unique qualifying criteria, as determined in the sole discretion of the race director
and application committee.
Racers will run from Grand Junction, Colorado to the world famous Moab, Utah along the beautiful 148-mile Kokopelli trail. Distances will range from day to day between 9 and 43 miles. This is a grueling event that will challenge the most seasoned athletes yet it is designed so that less experienced ultrarunners can train for and successfully complete the course. The entire length of the trail is stunningly beautiful with jagged canyons and breathtaking vistas.
Event's current local time: 2:45 PM MT
We are now requiring approval to participate in the Desert RATS Kokopelli 150 stage race.
1. Submit qualifying standards via email
2. Receive approval
4. Get physical exam (within 30 days of event)
5. Racer check-in/pre-race meeting at the event
Physical exam Form
Letter to participant's physician
Early (until January 1st)-$2850
Standard (until April 1)-$3100
Late (until June 1)-$3400
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be made in writing in order to avoid any misunderstanding. Cancellation refunds will be made on the following basis.
·Cancellations prior to January 1 qualify for a refund of 50%.
·Cancellations between January 1 and April 1 qualify for a refund of 30%.
·Cancellations on or after April 1 do not qualify for refunds.
To register for the Desert RATS the applicant must submit the following documents:
· Completed registration forms
· Personal information form (This will be emailed to you after your registration has been accepted)
· A medical certificate to be completed by entrant’s physician (to be dated not more than 28 days prior to the race and brought to check-in)
· 2 passport size photos with entrant’s name on the back (to be brought to registration)
Desert RATS Merchandise
We will have shirts and hats to purchase at check-in and throughout the event. Let us know if you would like to purchase a strobe from us and we could have it waiting for you at check-in.
Registration fee includes:
· Racer’s shirt
· Transportation from Moab to race start
· General ground assistance (tents, food and water at each stage)
· Food and water for the duration of the race
· Technical support
· Medical assistance
· Desert RATS finisher’s memento