Cedar Crest Trail Run
The Cedar Crest Trail run is a middle distance trail race of 6.5 and 12 miles that is perfect for novice trail runners and experts alike. The course consists of 1 or 2 loops(6.5 or 12 miles) of 95% single track with around 1500 feet of elevation gain and loss for the 12 mile distance and 750 feet for the 6 mile. The mostly non-technical course is still relatively new trail and has not been packed down to a smooth surface as it does not see a ton of traffic, however it is still very similar to many other trail systems in middle Tennessee complete with some rocks and roots. We will have the course completely blown off also. This is a great event for some higher intensity for those looking for an event leading up to something longer later in the year, however this is also a great event for those completely new to the sport!
8:30 A.M. for both 6.5 and 12
Put in Cedar Crest Camp office into google maps, then once you arrive at the camp office, take a hard right. The Start/Finish is at the building at the Top of the hill once you drive out into the field(about .5 miles.)
Primitive Tent Camping: $10/night
Bunk Style Group Lodging(Shared Bathrooms and Bunkroom, but heated!): $20/night
RV hook up: $20/night
Please contact the race director about lodging if you are interested, it is available for the nights of February 24 and 25 if you are interested.
- Packet pick up will be Friday, February 24 from 3 - 6 p.m. and Saturday, February 25 from 7 to 8 a.m.
- There are no cutoffs!
- We will have aid stations at about miles 2.5, 4 and 6.
- The start time could be delayed due to weather such as lightening. If the weather is too severe, we could be forced to cancel.
- All runners will receive a running hat with the trail run logo on it.
- We will have prizes for 1st - 3rd male and female for the 12 mile distance only.
- A meal is included post race, if you have any dietary restrictions please email the race director
- This race is a dog friendly race. All runners who choose to run with a dog must start in the back and have dog leashed at all times. Runners must clean up after their dog. Dogs are allowed with a runner who tent camps or stays at Rv hookup, but no dogs will be allowed in the lodges.
- There will be no credits, transfers, deferrals, or refunds.
About Cedar Crest
Cedar Crest is one of the Outdoor Ministries facilities, owned and operated by the Tennessee Western Kentucky Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church since 1959. Programming at Cedar Crest includes summer camps, parent/child weekends, retreats, conferences, youth group trips, family reunions, work weekends and a variety of other events. Cedar Crest is located in Lyles, TN on beautiful 500 acres.
Event's current local time: 7:27 PM CT