The Waldo 100K Ultramarathon is a challenging 100K loop-type course starting at Willamette Pass Ski Area (70 miles east of Eugene, Oregon) at elevation 5120', climbing up several mountains including Fuji, The Twins, and Maiden Peak before returning to the ski area. The route is mostly single-track trails with some fairly remote sections and has many incredible views of pristine Waldo Lake. It is not a beginner-level ultra and we recommend coming into the race with experience.
Changes in 2023
There are some changes to Waldo beginning in 2023.
1. The race will now be the first Saturday in August.
2. There will only be one start time and that is 4:00 am.
3. Cutoffs pushed back one hour: Charlton Lake (2:00 pm), Rd 4290 (3:15 pm),Twins 2 (5:30 pm).
4. Finish by 10 pm (18 hours) to get a hat and a Western States qualifier.
5. Lottery registration will be open from January 1 to January 21 with the drawing on January 22.
6. Entry fee still $175, but there will be two tiers of partial refunds: $125 if you withdraw by June 15; $75 if you withdraw between June 16 and July 15; No refunds after July 15.
Cedar Creek Fire
The 2022 Cedar Creek Fire had minimal impact on the Waldo course. See this page for more information.
Trail to Zero™
We are pleased to be one of the first races to participate in Ultrasignup's Trail to Zero™ program. A recent statistic from 29 mass participation events in North America between 2014 and 2019 indicates that 98.5% of an event's carbon footprint came from event-related travel by participants. When you register for the lottery you will have the option to contribute one dollar (or more) to the Trail to Zero™ carbon offset program to help account for your travel and support an impactful climate-action project. Learn more.
Event's current local time: 9:18 PM PT