HURT Selected and Waitlisted Runners - PLEASE READ
The Official List of selected runners and waitlisted runners can be found at www.hurt100.com
When validating runners’ entries, we switched the category of a few runners. The category listed on the HURT 100 website is the official category.
UltraSignup shows everyone as waitlisted since we are not charging credit cards until October 30. Here is a key to understanding the UltraSignup lists.
HURT 100 VETERANS ON ULTRASIGNUP:
The list includes all 17 Veterans. The two Veterans who received automatic entry for top 3 finishes in our last event are listed at the top.
WAIT LISTED / NEVER HURTer ON ULTRASIGNUP:
The top 50 entries are the selected runners.
The next 48 entries are the wait listed runners, in order.
EVERYONE ELSE ON ULTRASIGNUP:
The top 65 entries are the selected runners, as follows:
* Two top-three finishers from our last event were in Everyone Else, and they get automatic entry.
* The next eight entries were selected by the Board of Directors to be included in the HURT 100.
* The 50 entries following were selected in the lottery.
The remaining 341 entries are the wait listed runners, in order.
Saturday, January 15, 2022 (06:00) - Sunday, January 16, 2022 (18:00). Run in the hills above the city of Honolulu (island of O‘ahu, state of Hawai‘i).
* 100 miles over 5 laps (partial out and backs) in a semi-tropical rain forest.
* 24,500 feet of cumulative elevation gain (and 24,500 feet of cumulative loss) over the course of 100 miles.
* 99% single-track trails, 1% asphalt.
* Moderately packed soil, generously interspersed with roots, rocks, puddles, and mud wallows. Narrow trails through forest, along exposed ridges, and past vertical embankments.
* 20 stream crossings (four per lap).
* Three aid stations per lap.
* 36-hour time limit.
Please read the Book of HURT to determine if this event is for you.
At the time of this writing, it is impossible to know what COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines will be required to conduct an event like the HURT 100. HURT will comply with all local and national requirements in place at the time of the event. Note that these restrictions could affect the conduct of the race and associated activities. These could include changes or restrictions for the pre-race briefing, crew and spectator access, and our ability to conduct the post-race banquet. We will do our best to communicate any ongoing restrictions that might require changes to the event.
Local time: 8:26 AM
Please keep this in mind when you are planning expensive travel and accommodations for crew, pacers and family.