2018 HURT 100
The HURT Trail 100-Mile Endurance Run (HURT 100) is a very difficult event designed for the adventurous and well-prepared ultrarunner. It is conducted on trails located in the hills above Honolulu (O‘ahu, Hawai‘i). The race is noted for its grueling terrain and for a uniquely scenic course, offering views of the O‘ahu coastline as well as the Pacific Ocean. Participants for the event are chosen via a lottery selection process. Entry is limited to 125 participants.
- 100 miles over 5 laps (partial out and backs) in a semi-tropical rain forest.
- 99% single-track trails, 1% asphalt.
- Moderately packed soil surface generously interspersed with roots, rocks, puddles, and mud wallows.
- Narrow trails passing through forest, along exposed ridges, and past vertical embankments.
- 20 stream crossings (four per loop).
- Three aid stations per lap.
The HURT 100 runner booklet and maps can be found at http://www.hurt100trailrace.com/
The 2018 HURT 100 selection lottery will be held on 8/12/17.
Local time: 10:00 PM