On Saturday, July 22 at Astoria Park in Queens, NY, there will be the 7th running of the Pajama Romp 6-Hour. The event begins on a late summer afternoon and traverses through sunset into the night. Along the way, the course route is in a park setting, ambling by the East River with illuminating views of the Manhattan Skyline and beneath two infamous bridges. Besides time traveling, The Romp displays a variety of opportunities for its participants: competition; training for another ultra; and camaraderie.
The course loop is a 1.27-mile circuit on macadam footpaths with two noticeable climbs and an abundance of tree shelter. Astoria Park will consist of variety of other recreational activities in the background, providing ample stimulation. All pre-entrants will receive imprinted pajama shorts. But the event will only have a quota of 99 participants and could sell out early. I hope your running schedule can include nightlife in Queens.
See you all under the lights.
Local time: 12:37 AM
- The race will be held on the paths of Astoria Park in Queens on well-lit park paths. (Map)
- The course loop will be about 1.27 miles, with rolling terrain.
- The race will start at 5 PM and end at 11 PM.
- All pre-entrants will receive specially imprinted BUS pajama shorts. Award to every runner who finishes a marathon or more.
- Mass transit from the city on the "N" subway to the Astoria Blvd Station.
- Parking near the race start is available.
- Fee-free On-line registration WILL be available for this event. Additional information and manual forms are available here, and the Ultra Signup online registration will be active on Thursday 5/25/17.
- Check the BUS Pajama Romp Event Site for the latest info and changes.
- PLEASE register early... All entries should be received by Monday, 7/17/17.
- Late and race day entries will be accepted only with verbal approval by the Race Director.
- The event will be electronically scored by EliteFeats.
- This year this event will NOT be an official NYUR Grand Prix event.