Nordicfest 10K Snowshoe Race and Goose Adventure Racing Snowshoe Series Finale
DATE: Saturday, February 18, 2017
Race Start: 10:00 AM
ONLINE registration ($20) is currently open for the 2017 race
ONLINE registration for Nordicfest will close on February 16th, 2017. There WILL be day-of registration available (9:00 AM) for $25 Nordicfest 10K website
and course map.
The 10K race will feature a looped course that is entirely in the woods and travels on familiar and backcountry trails. Two aid stations, fast trails, and over 900 acres of Finger Lakes nature will be on hand for you to enjoy. In the event that snow is not suitable for snowshoes, Nordicfest will be held as a trail race. Series awards and food will be served up indoors after the race. Stick around with your family to enjoy the facility and the other events at Nordicfest!
The proceeds from each registration will be donated directly to the Genesee Valley Nordic Ski Patrol to help provide first aid and transportation to injured skiers and winter sports enthusiasts and to work with the management of areas served to provide trail safety, and to the RMSC Cumming Nature Center to conserve and develop new trails.
The Nordicfest 10K Snowshoe race will serve as the finale of the 2017 Goose Adventure Racing Snowshoe Series. Points will be earned at all 2017 Goose Adventure Racing Snowshoe races. In addition to prizes at each race, Overall Season point-leader prizes will be awarded at the season closer at the Cumming Nature Center.
Nordicfest is the annual fundraiser for the Genesee Valley Nordic Ski Patrol. Your participation in the Nordicfest 10K will help keep the trails at Cumming Nature Center safe for skiing, as well as the trails at Harriet Hollister Spencer Park (home of Frozen Assets), and Mendon Ponds Park.
The Nordicfest 10K Snowshoe Race starts and finishes at:
RMSC Cumming Nature Center
6472 Gulick Road
Naples, NY 14512
Directions from Rochester, NY and points north:
- Take Interstate 390 south to Routes 5 & 20.
- Proceed east to Route 15A in Lima.
- Go south on Route 15A to Route 20A in Hemlock.
- Head east on Route 20A to East Lake Road in Honeoye.
- Proceed south on East Lake Road to County Road 33. There are signs to point the way from the junction of East Lake Road and County Road 33.
- Turn east on County Road 33, and then southeast on Pinewood Hill Road. This becomes Gulick Road, and the CNC entrance will be on your right.
Directions from Naples, NY and points south:
Local time: 11:18 AM
- From Main Street in Naples (State Route 21), turn onto Clark Street (County Hwy 36), heading north.
- Take first right onto Gulick Road.
- Follow Gulick Road for 7 miles.
- CNC will be on your left.