San Francisco One Day: 24 Hour, 12 Hour and 6 Hour Endurance Runs
Welcome to the 10th annual San Francisco One Day. This used to be named "San Francisco Summer Solstice". In order to provide a better time frame for the Pacific Association of the United States Track and Field Grand Prix schedule and accommodate our commitment to Western States 100-mile endurance run every year, we will not be able to produce the event around the true Summer Solstice 20 or 21 days into June. We will shoot for the first Friday and Saturday in every June. The 2018 24-hour event will commence Friday June 1st at 6pm and end Saturday June 2nd at 6pm. The 12-hour and 6-hour events will be able to start at any 6-hour window of time. Awards presentation at 6:15 pm Saturday. Come celebrate ultrarunning at beautiful Crissy Field near the East Beach in San Francisco. This National Park offers spectacular scenery including Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz, Angel Island and the California coastline. While we are here, let’s turn it in to a celebration with friends and family while cheering on your friends as they loop in to the night for 6 to 24 hours straight. 6pm Friday to 6pm Saturday
This is a precisely measured course by Keson MP401 4 FT. Metal Measuring Wheel with each lap around the lagoon measuring 1.05 miles. This the perfect place to test your limits and to reach your personal record for the most distance covered in 6, 12 or 24 hours.
Our high energy team of volunteers will keep you motivated, hydrated and well-nourished through the day and night. The course will be lined with tourists and will cheer you on as they are inspired by your efforts.
New for this year we will be creating new finisher buckles for all runners to exceed 100 Miles, 100 Kilometers and 50 Kilometers.
In addition, to a fun-filled day and Pacific Coast Trail Runs unique vibe, you can expect:
* Leader board and live results posting
* Results will be updated on our Facebook page each hour so your friends and family can cheer you progress
* Friends and family will be able to send well wishes and messages to the event, which will be relayed to you.
* World class aid station and high energy volunteers
- 24-Hour event $145 / $165 (after 2/14/18), $185 (After 3/14/18)
- 12-Hour event $110 / $125 (after 2/14/18), $140 (After 3/14/18)
- 6-Hour event $75 / $85 (after 2/14/18), $95 (After 3/14/18)
- Add $15 for race day registration
Start/Finish Staging Area
Crissy Field at East Beach, San Francisco, CA
- The course is flat and fast, 60% dirt and 40% asphalt.
- Course Map of 1.05 Mile Loop: Click Here For Link
- The 24 Hour run begins at 6pm on Friday and ends at 6pm on Saturday.
- The 6 and 12 Hour runners can pick their start times at 6pm Friday or 12 Midnight, 6am, or Noon on Saturday.
- Check-In at least 45 minutes prior to your start time.
- Map: Click Here For Link
-Parking: Public parking is available 1/3 mile past the East Beach Parking lot. This is a new request of the GGNRA.
- 1/3 mile on left hand side in the parking lot adjacent to the Sports Basement parking lot.
- This lot is the one closest to Crissy Field (North part of parking lot)
- Do Not park on the side of the parking lot closest to the Presidio (South part of Parking Lot)
- You can drop your stuff off at the Start-Finish Area and then park your car after.
We will provide a variety of fresh fruit, salty snacks, salted potatoes, PB&J sandwiches, salt tabs, sugary snacks, electrolytes sports drink, coke, ginger ale and water. We will provide warm foods, coffee, hot cocoa, and tea through the night. Cooked to order, you can make your request for food and it will be ready when you start your next lap! You may leave a drop bag at the aid station as well. We will also provide warm foods post-race for the 12 and 6 hour runners.
Shirts, Buckles & Awards
Sport-Tek shirt will be included with registration unless a no shirt option is requested.
Local time: 5:59 PM
Sport-Tek: This maximum comfort tee has a roomy, athletic cut and controls sweat. This light weight long sleeve shirt comes in both men's and women's fit. They tend to run more "roomy" than typical tech shirts that run snug.
- All runners who complete 100 miles, will receive the San Francisco One Day Buckle.
- All those who run further than 100 Kilometers will also receive a special 100K buckle.
- All those that run further than a 50K will receive a San Francisco One Day 50+ Kilometer buckle.
- If you run more than 100 miles, you will not also earn the 100K buckle and 50K buckles. . It's one or the other ;-)
Top 3 Winners
Top 3 Male & Female Overall Winners in each distance will win dollar value race credit for future Pacific Coast Trail Runs events.
- 1st Place - $75 race credit towards future 2018 PCTR Race
- 2nd Place - $50 race credit towards future 2018 PCTR Race
- 3rd Place - $25 race credit towards future 2018 PCTR Race
Age Group Awards
Each age group winner will receive a special 2018 Age Group Medal because these are what we ordered for the original date. Age Group Award Winners include Top 3 Male & Female in each of the following age group categories: