Race Location and Time
Date: Saturday, November 6th, 2021
Where: Garrison Creek Rest Stop, Natchez Trace, TN
50 miles - out and back (start 6:00 AM CST)
Marathon - one way (start 7:00 AM CST)
Cutoff time for both races is 8pm, which comes out to 14 hours for the 50-miler.
We will host an early packet pickup at Cumberland Transit from 5-6pm the night before the race.
2807 West End Ave, Nashville, TN 37203
Race day packet pickup is also available starting at 5am. Marathoners, please be gracious as we get the 50 mile runners started by 6am.
Shirts are no longer guaranteed after 10/29/2020Course Description
The Natchez provides 25-ish miles of fast trails. The terrain is not too steep but can get rugged in sections, as it is not a well traveled trail. There is up to 10,000 feet of gain for the 50-miler. Most of the trail is on single track but has several road crossings. The Natchez is rich in beauty and history, so join us in pushing yourself and continuing a portion of the tradition of The Kaintucks.
Marathon runners will run the full trail one way. You will be bussed from Garrison Creek to the start line at the end of the trail. Cost of transport is included in registration. Bonus miles to complete the full mileage for both distances will be achieved by first running through the finish line, looping back around an additional 2.5 miles, and flying down once more to your own personal victory!
50 mile runners will start and finish at Garrison Creek and run the trail there and back. You will hit the furthest aid station and complete the halfway transition by running all the way down to Duck River where you will mark your bib and begin heading back to the start.
Local time: 11:21 AM
* Stay on the trails not on the road. If you get lost, please stop and call the RD, or retrace your steps. If we catch you on
the road off-course, you will be disqualified.
*Pacers and outside aid are strictly prohibited. Please run fairly.
*Don't mess with the flags.
* Littering and cutting the course will result in disqualification and removal from all HardWin races. Additionally, RDs will
be notified on a specific RD message board. Please pick up your trash and don't cheat, no matter what.
* You must carry your own hydration device as we do not guarantee cups at the aid stations.
* Each year, we have several people drop out of this race. If you get to an AS and want to drop, you will have to wait until
the volunteers leave, or a transportation vehicle stops by.
* If you have friends and family at the event, that is totally cool! If they want to follow you in a car that is fine as well. *However, please tell them that it is against the law to stop on the side of the road on the Natchez. If folks park on the
shoulder, the rangers will come down hard on me and will potentially cancel the race. If supporters want to stop, they
can do so at any of the pull-off rest stops along the Natchez. You will pass by each of these rest stops during your run.
Awards will be prepared for the top three overall male and female runners of each distance.
First place finishers in the following age categories will also receive awards: 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60+.
All finishers will receive a pint glass. 50 mile runners will also receive a belt buckle for their effort.
*Please note: Race t-shirts are NOT included in your entry fee. If you would like to purchase a shirt, you can add it to your order during registration.**
* Aid stations? - Yes, of course! We have aid stations about every 5 miles. They will feature typical aid station fare, but hot
food is not guaranteed. This is also a cupless race so you must carry your own hydration vessel (bottle, pack, collapsible
* Where does the course start? I read about the drop off, which I am excited about, since that means we will see as much
of the trail as possible. We will all meet at Garrison Creek Park. All runners will finish here. 50 milers will also start here.
* Marathoners will be bussed down the Trace and run back.
* Will there be any food/snacks/beer at the finish line or should I bring my cooler? We will have snacks, water, etc at the
finish line for you to enjoy. The park does not allow alcohol, so please save your celebratory beer until you get home.
* Can we leave jackets at the start? 50 milers, yes. You will start/finish at the same location. Marathoners, you must drop
any gear prior to boarding the bus or carry it with you as we won’t be able to bring it back for you.