Attention - Each runner that wants to do the 50miler will be put on a waitlist. The event is not sold out it just means you will be reviewed. If you want to do this distance then sign up under the RED waitlist button. I will then review your previous results or consider your training plan..
When - November 3rd – 2018
We will host an early packet pickup at Fleet Feet Green Hills from 6-7pm the night before the race.
Early Packet Pickup Address: 3900 Hillsboro Pike #18, Nashville, TN 37215
Updates - Marathoners run the full trail - Each runner that signs up for the 50 mile run will be put on the waiting list so that we can evaluate -
Where – Garrison Creek Rest Stop– Natchez Trace, TN
Time – 6:00amcst for the 50 milers, and 7:00am cst for the Marathon Runners.
Distance - Marathon and 50 miles - Out and Back
Capacity – 120 hugs from yours truly
• Male – Female 1st- 3rd
• Age Groups 20-29 30-39 40-49 50-59 60+
The Natchez provides 25ish miles of fast trails. The terrain is not too steep but can get rugged as it is not a well traveled trail. There is around 10,000 feet of gain for the 50-miler. Most of the trail is on single track but has several road crossings. The Natchez is rich in beauty and history, so join us in pushing yourself and continuing a portion of the tradition of The Kaintucks.
Avg Slope: 4.4
What is included 50 miler:
* Belt Buckle for 50 mile finishers
* Shirt (optional)
* Race entry (duh)
What is included 26.2 miler:
* Finisher medal
* Bus ride
* Shirt (optional)
* Race entry (duh)
* Stay on the trails not on the road. If you get lost stop call the RD, or retrace your steps. If we catch you on the road it is a DQ
* No Pacers or aid outside of aid station
* Don't mess with the flags
* Littering and cutting the course will get you disqualified and removed from all HardWin races. All RDs will be notified as well on RD message board. Pick up you trash and don't cheat, no matter what.
* Carry your own hydration device as we do not provide cups
* Each year we have several people drop out of this race. If you get to an AS and want to go back you will have to wait till the volunteers leave, or when a transportation vehicle stops by.
* If you have friends and family at the event that is cool! If they want to follow you in a car that is fine as well. However please tell them that it is against the law to stop on the side of the road on the Natchez. Please do not do this as the rangers will come down hard on me and will potentially cancel the race. If they want to stop they can do so at rest stops along the Natchez. All of which you will pass by.
* Cutoff time is 14 hours for both races.
50 Mile and Marathon Update
2018 Update -
We found some extra trail to make this bad boy an official 50-miler!! How cool is that? Right here in our backyard, and on a historic trail. Pretty awesome. With that said we will be giving out belt buckles to all those that make can finish within the time period.
This year we will be busing the Marathoners to the end of the trail. From there you will run the entire trail and then go back out for a couple of miles to get your total distance. This is pretty awesome as you get to experience the whole trail and then some!
Cutoff is 14 hours. You will need to reach the halfway point by 6.5 hours
50 Mile Qualification
To qualify for the Natchez you must have run an official 50k or longer race within 365 days of the event. If you have any questions then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be basic first aid at the event that can take care of minor injuries. We suggest that all runners carry a phone on them, as it is the best way to get to you. If you are injured and it is not an emergency please contact the race director with the contact information given before the race, and if it is an emergency dial 911.
Will there be water/aid stations at any point on the course? If so where will there be and what will they have? - Yes we have water stations about every 5 miles. I usually add candy, chocolate, and salted sweet potatoes.
Local time: 8:04 AM
Where does the course start? I read about the drop off, which I am excited about, since that means we will see as much of the trail as possible.
We will all meet at this location:
Then take a bus to this location and run back to the original location. Once you get to the original location you will still need to run three miles. Which we will probably have you run 1.5 miles out then back:
Will there be any food/snacks/beer at the finish line or should I bring my cooler? We will have snacks, water, gatorade, and gels. The park does not allow alcohol unfortunately.
Can we leave jackets in the drop off van to send to the finish line? You will be at the finish line at the start of the race. From there you will take a bus to the starting point. So feel free to leave whatever you want!
How did you add the extra miles and where are they? The extra miles are added at the beginning where you will do a separate loop trail and come back to the starting line for 2.5 miles. The other added distance is at the end, you will now be going all the way to the Duck River!