North Rim Ramble
This one of a kind half-marathon and marathon course splits its time between smooth, well-graded forest service roads and some of the Arizona Trail’s most pleasant running tread. The loop course crosses through a much overlooked and enchanting area of northern Arizona, passing through an idyllic forest of spruce, pine, and aspen, past shallow ponds, springs, and in and out of limestone canyons. For about a mile, the course dodges among stately trees along the East Rim of the Grand Canyon, offering breathtaking views of Marble Canyon to the east, the Vermilion Cliffs to the north, the Saddle Mountain Wilderness, House Rock Valley, and Navajo Mountain on the Navajo Indian Reservation. The marathon runners get to experience the course twice for a second loop to complete 26.2 miles!
The 10K follows forest roads on a scenic out-and-back route along the floor of Tater Canyon.
In addition to a well-organized event in a gorgeous location, your registration includes:
- gourmet, healthy catered lunch at the finish line
- post-race beverages
- unique finisher award
- BottleBand (turns any water bottle into a handheld!)
- gift certificates and gear for top finishers
- aid stations with water, Tailwind Nutrition electrolyte drink, fresh fruit, salty chips and other snacks
- coupons from sponsors
- outstanding safety net with the help of our radio communications volunteers
- knowing that you are helping with the maintenance and protection of the 800-mile Arizona Trail!
Discounted registration is available for members of the Arizona Trail Association, military veterans, Native Americans, and youth under 18 years of age. Contact the Race Director for a coupon code with proof of one of the above if you're eligible.
Local time: 5:07 AM