Saturday, January 15, 2022 (06:00) - Sunday, January 16, 2022 (18:00). Run in the hills above the city of Honolulu (island of O‘ahu, state of Hawai‘i).
* 100 miles over 5 laps (partial out and backs) in a semi-tropical rain forest.
* 24,500 feet of cumulative elevation gain (and 24,500 feet of cumulative loss) over the course of 100 miles.
* 99% single-track trails, 1% asphalt.
* Moderately packed soil, generously interspersed with roots, rocks, puddles, and mud wallows. Narrow trails through forest, along exposed ridges, and past vertical embankments.
* 20 stream crossings (four per lap).
* Three aid stations per lap.
* 36-hour time limit.
Please read the Book of HURT to determine if this event is for you.
HURT Entry and Lottery Changes - PLEASE READ!
As interest in the HURT 100 continues to grow year over year, we have decided to make some changes to the entry requirements and lottery process. Each year we receive over 500 applicants for the 136 available slots. Selection of entrants is by a weighted lottery, in three separate lottery categories. Weighting is assigned based on the questions asked during registration. A full description of the lottery process can be found in the Book of HURT
The HURT 100 is a pre-registration event with a lottery. There is no charge to enter the lottery. If you are selected, your credit card will be charged.
There will be three separate lottery categories, with three separate lotteries. Please register in the appropriate category.
* HURT Veterans. Applicants with three or more HURT finishes.
* Wait Listed / Never HURTers. Applicants who have applied to HURT within the last three years, were waitlisted in any or all three years and not selected, and who have never finished HURT.
* Everyone Else. Applicants who do NOT fit into the previous two categories. For example: never applied before, finished HURT once or twice, applied more than three years ago, ran HURT in the last three years but never finished.
We feel these categories continue to give our long-term veterans an opportunity to run, while making sure those who are perennially stuck on the Wait List get an increased opportunity.
THE REQUIREMENT FOR A 50 MILE OR GREATER QUALIFIER IS WAIVED FOR HURT 100 IN 2022. COVID has made it difficult to find qualifying races for this year. This requirement will return for HURT 100 in 2023.
HURT Trail Work Requirement
THE REQUIREMENT FOR 8 HOURS OF TRAIL WORK IS WAIVED FOR HURT 100 IN 2022. Due to COVID, it has been difficult for entrants to find organized trail work opportunities this year. This requirement will return for HURT 100 in 2023.
For the 2023 HURT100 event, the service window will be from 9/1/21-11/15/22.
At the time of this writing, it is impossible to know what COVID-19 restrictions and guidelines will be required to conduct an event like the HURT 100. HURT will comply with all local and national requirements in place at the time of the event. Note that these restrictions could affect the conduct of the race and associated activities. These could include changes or restrictions for the pre-race briefing, crew and spectator access, and our ability to conduct the post-race banquet. We will do our best to communicate any ongoing restrictions that might require changes to the event.
Local time: 8:31 AM
Please keep this in mind when you are planning expensive travel and accommodations for crew, pacers and family.