WELCOME TO YEAR 5!!! www.BearLakeUltra.us
Local time: 6:54 PM
24 hours of FUN! This means you can run, walk, go fast, go slow! Do as many loops as you want or can! Each runner will receive a hooded sweatshirt and a mystery gift as well as all the other great race items.
Course: A race for beginners and ultra-veterans alike. Runners will loop around Bear Lake Blind Camp along rolling hills on single-track trails, wide groomed trails (dirt), some grass and a few bridge crossings completing as many loops (approximately 3.1 mile loop) as you wants and at any pace during the 24 hours. At any time, runners can take a break and continue on the course within the 24 hours (You do not need to run or walk the entire 24 hours).
• Race begins at 8am. Bib numbers must be carried and visible at all times.
• This is a chipped event. All Chips must be turned in before leaving the race or the race will receive a DNF.
• This is a cup less race! Please bring a bottle.
• Campsites are included in registration fee (see below). Indoor bathrooms with showers will be available.
• Headlamp or flashlights are mandatory after dark.
• Pacers are allowed after 50 miles. Pacers must register as a pacer and are asked not to utilize the aid station until they are officially pacing.
• The aid station is next to the start/finish
Camping: All registered runners can set up a tent and camp Friday and or Saturday night near the aid station (each site is 10X10). Camping space will be giving based on the ordered of registration. Cars are not able to park in the camping area at the aid station/ start/finish. All cars will be parked in 1 of 2 parking lots. Racers pass each parking lot every lap (main lot is passed 2 times/ lap). “Car camping” is allowed and some parking spots do back up to the course. Sorry no RV’s, campers, ect.
Included in Registration:
• Hooded sweatshirt • Mystery gift • Fully stocked aid station-- Treats-included but not limited to: PBJ, Soup, Pop, Fruit, Cookies, Candy, Pretzels, Gummy Bears, Water, HEED, Grilled Cheese, Brownies, Rice Crispy Treats, Pizza, Pickles, Bacon! And MUCH MORE! (Please come prepared if you have special dietary needs).
• Not included: -- Gels and other supplements
Top male and top female runner (most completed loops) will receive a custom pint glass (given at the race or mailed after race). Belt buckle for all runners completing 100 miles or more (Partial loops will not be counted). Racers wanting to run (only) 100 miles will have an option to run a modified last lap resulting in the total miles being 100. If a runner chooses this option, they will be officially done with the race at 100 miles and additional laps will not be counted).
This is a 24 hour race, the race results are based on the number of laps. All results are not final until the race is over and review by the RD.
Bear Lake Camp is owned and operated by Lions Visually Impaired Youth Camp, Inc. a 501C-3 Non-Profit Corporation. The camp is financially supported by the Lions, Lioness and Leos, as well as Foundation grants and individual donors throughout Michigan. It is just 15 minutes from downtown Lapeer, MI. Proceeds from this race will be donated to the camp.
Sorry no refunds, defers, or transfers.
Thank you to our sponsors:
• Motor City Massage Company: https://mcmc.abmp.com
• Hammer Nutrition: www.hammernutrition.com
• Flushing, Shelby Twp., and Bedford Lions Club
• Mark MacCaslin www.mccaslinrealestate.com
• KG Law https://www.kgreenlaw.com
• Julie Krumholz Mortgage
• Sally Miller
• Past Tense Cider Mil
• Vince and Joes