Little Backyard Adventure
TRAIL RUNNING - IN THE HEART OF THE CITY
Twisting and turning on single track trails, the Little Backyard Adventure Race celebrates Olympia’s recently preserved L.B.A. neighborhood forest park. The LBA Race is a hidden jewel of single track trails, inviting you to loop through the lush canopy of ferns, moss and forest. LBA is a great introduction to trail racing, with a course that will push even the strongest of runners.
The Little Backyard Adventure Race is a never before seen trail run in Olympia, with three distances from which to choose. Racing through every corner of the park, you can decide whether you want to run a SINGLE (1 loop/3.6 miles), a TRIPLE (3 loops/11 miles) or a HOME RUN (5 loops/18 miles). Each loop has roughly 250ft of elevation gain, with challenging hills, technical trails and sections to fully stride through. Under the cover of trees and around the famous LBA woods, this course will continue to impress with each loop.
Choose Your Little Backyard Adventure
SINGLE: 1 Loop (3.6miles/250ft. vert)
TRIPLE: 3 Loops (11miles/750ft. vert)
HOME RUN: 5 Loops (18miles/1,250ft. vert)
All runners run the same loop. The race begins and ends at the main LBA park shelter. The trail encircles the park area and ballfields but most of the course is on single track in the woods just south of the ballfields. You'll be surprised how twisted and fun that course is going to be.
• Access to fully-stocked and fun aid stations teamed with incredible, energetic volunteers!
Local time: 4:26 AM
• Hand-crafted finisher medals by Olympia artist Trixy Eichler of Trixwithay.
• The top 3 male and female finishers in each race get a unique prize.
• Stylish swag showing off the race.
• Finish line high fives and/or hugs from race organizers.
• Safety and medical support.
• Post race Party.
• An unforgettable, unique adventure run in the stunning single track of the LBA woods.
For more information please visit LittleBackyardAdventure.com