RDs Shelli and Rachael are delighted to invite you to the 12th running of the Nanny Goat 12/24/100 which will take place over Memorial Day Weekend (May 23-24, 2020).
For the past 11 years, the Sexton family have opened their private horse ranch in Riverside, CA to runners, walkers, friends and families. The course is a flat, 1-mile, mostly dirt/grass loop with good footing and a trail wide enough to allow easy passing. Support is never more than a half mile away. Camping is available within a few feet of the course and space is allocated on first-come basis. Families are welcome to hang out, swim in the pool and there will be activities for the kids.
The goal is to complete as many laps as possible within the allotted time period, either solo or as a relay team of up to 4 runners. A 100-mile option is also available with buckles for finishers. New for 2020 is a 6-hour option for those wanting to get in miles but not wanting to stay all day or night.
Swag will be presented to all entrants - tech shirts, buffs and other goodies courtesy of our magnificent sponsors - and many, many chances to win prizes. In addition to race food and beverages provided in the transition area, there will be popsicles on Saturday, a Saturday afternoon BBQ, and a Sunday morning breakfast for runners and race volunteers. Crews, spectators, friends and family members may enjoy the BBQ and breakfast for a $20 fee ($10 children 12 and under) payable online or at the event; wristbands will be given to those who purchase the meal plan.
Nanny Goat 12/24/100 is USATF sanctioned event (#20-33-002). The course is USATF certified (#CA19021RS) 1-mile loop.
100-mile: 8:00am Saturday to 2:00pm Sunday (must complete 80 miles by 8:00am on Sunday to be allowed to continue on)
24-hour: 8:00am Saturday to 8:00am Sunday
12-hour: 8:00am Saturday to 8:00pm Saturday or 8:00pm Saturday to 8:00am Sunday
6-hour: 8:00am Saturday to 2:00pm Saturday or 8:00pm Saturday to 2:00am Sunday
Active duty military and first responders receive a 25% discount. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the coupon code. Please indicate which branch of service, city, and department and for which distance you’re requesting the code.
Early bird pricing is in effect from October 1 to October 31, 2019 so sign up now!
Note: there are two start times offered for 6-hour and 12-hour events - make sure you indicate which when you sign up.
We hate rules but don't like those who violate them even more.
1. Don't feed the horses. Feeding a horse WILL result in an immediate eviction! No exceptions. This is a working ranch with paying boarders who do not wish their horses to be disturbed *
2. Don't encourage bandits (friends will have an opportunity to join you for a few laps after 8 PM).
3. No smoking anywhere (except in parking area).
4. No abusive language.
5. No naked miles (we don’t want to cause the hosts a heart attack!).
6. Families with children are welcome but children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
7. Dogs must be leashed at all times.
8. Food and beverages are free for runners. Crew, spectators, friends and family need to purchase a wristband.
9. Please park and camp in designated areas. There will be volunteers to direct you.
* Shelli may have a couple of horses to be petted IF the horse comes up to the fence; no one is to step into any enclosure or pasture with the horses. There will be signs indicating which horses (if any) may be petted.
No refunds. No transfers (except members of 24 Hr Relay Teams). Roll overs will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact RDs for more info.
Local time: 4:37 PM