This event has been postponed from May 23, 2020 to Sep 05, 2020
RDs Shelli and Rachael are delighted to invite you to the 12th running of the Nanny Goat 12/24/100 which will now take place over Labor Day Weekend (September 5-6, 2020).
For the past 11 years, the Sexton family have opened their private horse ranch in Riverside, CA to runners, walkers, friends and families. The course is a flat, 1-mile, mostly dirt/grass loop with good footing and a trail wide enough to allow easy passing. Support is never more than a half mile away. Camping is available within a few feet of the course and space is allocated on first-come basis. Families are welcome to hang out, swim in the pool and there will be activities for the kids.
The goal is to complete as many laps as possible within the allotted time period, either solo or as a relay team of up to 4 runners. A 100-mile option is also available with buckles for finishers. New for 2020 is a 6-hour option for those wanting to get in miles but not wanting to stay all day or night.
Swag will be presented to all entrants - tech shirts, buffs and other goodies courtesy of our magnificent sponsors - and many, many chances to win prizes. In addition to race food and beverages provided in the transition area, there will be popsicles on Saturday, a Saturday afternoon BBQ, and a Sunday morning breakfast for runners and race volunteers. Crews, spectators, friends and family members may enjoy the BBQ and breakfast for a $20 fee ($10 children 12 and under) payable online or at the event; wristbands will be given to those who purchase the meal plan.
Nanny Goat 12/24/100 is USATF sanctioned event (#20-33-002). The course is USATF certified (#CA19021RS) 1-mile loop.
Mar 18: The safety of our runners, crew, friends, volunteers and the Sexton family remains our top priority. Unfortunately, due to the escalating situation and the daily issuance of ever-increasingly strict directives, Shelli and I have decided to postpone Nanny Goat 12/24/100 to Labor Day weekend, September 5-6, 2020.
We realize this is disappointing news but feel this is the responsible thing to do given many of you have either made, or perhaps still need to make, travel plans. We have three options for you:
1. Rollover your entry to the new race date. Labor Day weekend, September 5-6, 2020. Same location, same race, new date.
2. Rollover your entry to 2021. Race date is Memorial Day weekend, May 29-30, 2021.
3. Request a full refund. We realize these are tough times for many of you and there is so much stress and uncertainty surrounding jobs, school, bills etc. that we feel this is the least we can do to help our fellow runners.
Please let me know which option you’d like to go with before March 31. If you go with Option #3, refunds will be by check as I cannot process via ultrasignup. I will get them mailed as fast as I can to the address used at registration unless notified otherwise.
If you have any questions, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m answering inquiries as quickly as I can.
Take care, stay healthy and keep training (at a safe distance from others of course). We look forward to seeing you at the Sexton Ranch in the future.
Rachael and Shelli
The loop course at Nanny Goat 12/24/100 provides an excellent opportunity to fundraise for charity. This year, participants are encouraged to support of the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation. To donate, please visit the GoFundMe page.
In addition, Nanny Goat will donate proceeds of wristband sales to the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation.
About the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation:
The Siller Family started the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation to honor the memory of their brother, Stephen, a New York City firefighter (FDNY) who lost his life on September 11, 2001. The Foundation was built upon the mantra, “while we have time, LET US DO GOOD,” and continues Stephen’s legacy by supporting our nation’s first responders and service members.
Firefighter Stephen Siller sacrificed his life in service to others, and in his memory, the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation developed the In the Line of Duty Program to honor our heroes. The In the Line of Duty Program supports our nation’s military, first responders, and their families. To date, the Foundation has spent more than $125 million dollars in support of those who sacrificed life and limb.
To learn more, please visit https://tunnel2towers.org.
Active duty military and first responders receive a 25% discount. Email email@example.com for the coupon code. Please indicate which branch of service, city, and department and for which distance you’re requesting the code.
Owing to the uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, there will be no price increase until race day, September 5, 2020.
Note: there are two start times offered for 6-hour and 12-hour events - make sure you indicate which when you sign up.
100-mile: 8:00am Saturday to 2:00pm Sunday (must complete 80 miles by 8:00am on Sunday to be allowed to continue on)
24-hour: 8:00am Saturday to 8:00am Sunday
12-hour: 8:00am Saturday to 8:00pm Saturday or 8:00pm Saturday to 8:00am Sunday
6-hour: 8:00am Saturday to 2:00pm Saturday or 8:00pm Saturday to 2:00am Sunday
We hate rules but don't like those who violate them even more.
1. Don't feed the horses. Feeding a horse WILL result in an immediate eviction! No exceptions. This is a working ranch with paying boarders who do not wish their horses to be disturbed *
2. Don't encourage bandits (friends will have an opportunity to join you for a few laps after 8 PM).
3. No smoking anywhere (except in parking area).
4. No abusive language.
5. No naked miles (we don’t want to cause the hosts a heart attack!).
6. Families with children are welcome but children must be supervised by an adult at all times.
7. Dogs must be leashed at all times.
8. Food and beverages are free for runners. Crew, spectators, friends and family need to purchase a wristband.
9. Please park and camp in designated areas. There will be volunteers to direct you.
* Shelli may have a couple of horses to be petted IF the horse comes up to the fence; no one is to step into any enclosure or pasture with the horses. There will be signs indicating which horses (if any) may be petted.
No refunds. No transfers (except members of 24 Hr Relay Teams). Roll overs will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact RDs for more info.
Local time: 1:18 PM