New Race Dates
The race will be held on November 7th and November 8th, 2020. Each distance will be available on both days.
We have received final approval to host the event. We will be following extensive protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and will provide higher level of details to participants in pre-race e-mails. Information in this section supersedes anything in any of the other sections. Runners can expect the following precautions.
1. Wave Starts - We will be using a waved start system, starting 5 people every 10 minutes. Start times will be different than listed in UltraSignUp. A waved start will help us limit crowding in the start/finish corral as well as ensure runners are spread nicely on the course.
2. Aid Station - Aid Station offering will be limited. No hot foods offered, and only some pre-packaged snacks. Only 3 runners at a time will be allowed at the aid station. Runners will be required to wear a face covering at the aid station. Runners will be required to sanitize or wash their hands before entering the aid station and when leaving the aid station.
3. Face Coverings - Runners will be required to wear a mask or face covering at all times, with the exception of when they are on the course actively running. If passing someone on a section of trail that is less than six feet wide (most of the course), then we ask that runners don a face covering while passing.
4. Finish Line - Runners will need to exit the finish line area immediately after finishing the race and receiving their medal.
5. Crew/Spectators - No crew or spectators are allowed at the event.
6. Running in Groups - Runners will not be able to run in groups, unless it is a group of participants from the same household.
7. The 50M race is cancelled for 2020 to help the race crew manage the above restrictions
8. Runners will be required to sign an COVID-19 waiver and answer pre-screening questions prior to being allowed to start the race
9. Pre-race briefing will be conducted by a video that will be sent out the week of the race. This will include normal race instructions, as well as COVID-19 specific information
Experience the Magic of Ancient Lakes!
Come experience the magic of the Ancient Lakes in the heart Washington Desert in this unique trail race! These trails are truly spectacular and will allow you to experience the best the desert has to offer, taking you on a journey through canyon-like gorges, along the shores of ancient desert lakes and to the base of cascading waterfalls. You will feel like you are in the desert southwest but with a Washington flare. With a distance for everyone, and the same great support and swag you have come to expect from Run Super Series events, this is an event you won’t want to miss at this exciting new venue!
With a unique cloverleaf design, our scenic course will allow you to experience the best of the Ancient Lakes area. The larger 25k loop features 3 smaller loops, each beginning and ending at a common aid station. The 25k loop features about 2,200’ of rolling up and down, with no single climb or descent more than 400’. The trails are primarily single track. The first loop will take you to the a spectacular waterfall and then run along the shores of the Ancient Lakes. The green loop will run out to yet another lake and feature a return trip through some canyon like desert terrain. The blue loop will drop you down into the Columbia River Gorge, and have you run along the river before climbing back out and rolling to the finish line. The 50k will run the 25k course twice and the 50M will run the 25k course three times. The 10k course will run on portions of the red and green loop and will have about 1,000’ of elevation gain. Trails are primarily single track.
25K will hit the aid station 2x at 4.7 and 10.1 miles. 50K will hit the aid station 5x at 4.7, 10.1, 16.2, 20.9 and 26.3 miles. 50M will hit the aid station 8x at 4.7, 10.1, 16.2, 20.9, 26.3, 32.4, 37.1 and 42.5 miles.
Race Day Schedule and Cut-offs
Parking Lot Opens (Ancient/Dusty Lakes Trailhead): 5:30 AM
Packet Pick-up: 5:45 AM to 8:15 AM (all distances)
50M Start: 6:30 AM
50K Start: 7:00 AM
25K Start: 8:00 AM
10K Start: 8:30 AM
*Please plan on arriving at least 45 minutes before your race starts to give you adequate time for packet pick-up. Pre-race course briefing will occur 10 minutes before the start of each race.
7:30 PM: Course closes for all distances
1:00 PM: 50K runners must start their 2nd loop
2:45 PM: 50M runners must start their 3rd loop
Cut-offs will be strictly enforced, anyone not starting their loop before the designated time will be pulled from the race
We want our runners to only have the best, so we make sure we give you more swag than you can carry (actually we give you a fabric drop bag so you can carry it all)! All runners receive a custom tech tee, a custom race medal for the 50K/25K/10K (buckles for 50M finishers), a fabric Run Super Series Drop Bag, a Run Super Series Water Bottle and complimentary downloadable race day photos.
Yep, you get all that. You can thank us later!
And yes you read it right, if you finish the 50M you get a BUCKLE!
Race Day Info and Directions
Packet Pick-up & Day of Registration:
Yes! We have race day packet pick-up and day of registration! No! We do not offer advanced packet pick-up! Packet Pick-up will be at the Ancient/Dusty Lakes Trailhead for all distances.
All race parking will be at the start/finish line at the Ancient & Dusty Lakes Trailhead. A Washington State Discover Pass or a Washington State One Day Parking Pass is required to park at the trailhead. You may purchase an annual Discover Pass or Day Pass here.
The trailhead is located about 2 hours and 30 minutes from downtown Seattle, 1 hour and 30 minutes from Yakima, 2 hours and 15 minutes from Spokane and 45 minutes form Wenatchee.
From Seattle and Points West: Take I-90 Eastbound and take Exit 149 for WA-281 North. Turn left onto WA-281 North and follow for 5.6 miles then turn left onto Rd 5 NW/Whit Trail Road and follow for 7.8 miles. Turn left onto Rd 9 NW and follow for 2 miles. After a sharp left bend stay straight onto Ancient Lakes Road. Follow for 3.8 miles to the trailhead.
From Spokane and Points East: Take I-90 Westbound and take Exit 149 for WA-281 North. Turn right onto WA-281 North and follow for 5.6 miles then turn left onto Rd 5 NW/Whit Trail Road and follow for 7.8 miles. Turn left onto Rd 9 NW and follow for 2 miles. After a sharp left bend stay straight onto Ancient Lakes Road. Follow for 3.8 miles to the trailhead.
From Wenatchee: Take WA-28 East for 25 miles. Turn left onto Rd 10 NW and follow for 0.4 miles. Make a left onto Rd V NW and follow for 1.0 miles. Turn right onto Rd 9 NW and follow for 1 mile. After a sharp left bend stay straight onto Ancient Lakes Road. Follow for 3.8 miles to the trailhead.
Refund and Deferrals
All registrations to the race are final. We do not offer refunds or deferral of race entries under any circumstances. Distance upgrades can be made in Ultra Sign-up up to two weeks before the race (you pay the difference in cost). Distance drop-downs can be made in Ultra Sign-up up to two weeks before the race (although with no refund).
Local time: 7:14 AM