THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Thank you for your patience as we have monitored the spread of COVID-19. This is a frustrating time for all of us as we have seen numerous races canceled and it makes you wonder when we will get back to normal.
On 6/10/2020, when we posted our last update, we started to see an upward trend in the number of COVID cases in North Texas. In a short time, this trend has grown aggressively resulting in Governor Abbott rolling back parts of the Texas reopening plan. There is too much uncertainty with how the virus is spreading to move forward with the remainder of our 2020 race season.
With deep regret, now is the time to make the call and cancel this year’s events. Our expenses have been minimal to date and allows me to provide a full refund to anyone registered for Six-O or Lake Murray.
There are several factors that went into this decision:
- Three of the four remaining races are in areas with much lower spread than the greater Dallas/Fort Worth area. I don’t feel it’s responsible to encourage large numbers of people to travel to these communities and potentially seed an outbreak there. I certainly don’t want that on my conscience.
- Many of our runners and volunteers are older and I don’t want to put them at risk. I also don’t want to be responsible for someone catching this at our event and passing it on to a loved one who is at higher risk.
- Much is still unknown about this virus. Many professional athletes and sports doctors are concerned about the long term health impacts.
- Even with waivers, liability protection from COVID is a grey area. This has been the subject of debate in Congress.
- Registration numbers will be lower due to fewer people registering or imposed capacity limits. Either situation makes it difficult to produce an event without losing money.
- This is a rapidly evolving situation and permits can be revoked up to the date of the event after many or all expenses have been incurred.
- Anyone registered for Lake Murray or Six-O will receive a full refund (minus transaction fees paid to UltraSignup). Please give us time to process the refunds. It might take a few weeks to get this sorted out in full.
- All race credits from the cancellation of the 2020 Grasslands Trail run will be valid for the 2021 or 2022 season. We don’t want anyone to feel forced to return to a large scale event before they are personally comfortable doing so.
- We are evaluating a low cost virtual run for the 2020 Rockledge Rumble to provide continuity for the race. We expect to make a final decision soon and will provide details by August 1.
- I monitor the COVID numbers daily and will continue to do so for the duration of the pandemic. If I see the numbers come down to a level where we would feel comfortable holding any of the events, we will revisit the decision for our later races.
I’m optimistic about the prospects of a vaccine being available next year that will help us get back to normal. There are a lot of very smart people in the biotech industry working on this. Over the next couple of months, we’ll confirm dates for the 2021 race season. We will be back!
In the meantime, I hope everyone stays safe and healthy. Please be careful out there. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone in 2021.
Same Day Registration
Online registration is now closed. We offer same-day registration in per at the event. Packet pick up and same day registration opens at 6 a.m. You must be registered at least 15 minutes before your distance begins.
We cannot guarantee a shirt. We will record your preferred size and will do our best to provide you with a shirt.
Endeavor Bridgeport Adventure Park2914 TX-101Bridgeport, TX 76426Click here for the exact location. (Opens Google Maps in new tab.)The Endeavor Bridgeport Adventure Park is a 700 acre park operated by the City of Bridgeport for multiple outdoor recreational uses. The park is currently the home of the Northwest OHV Park, a 302 acre park for off-road enthusiasts, plus another 202 acres of hiking and biking trails.The event will use the entirety of the hiking and biking trails plus a small section of the OHV Park. The Start/Finish will be at the pavilion inside the Northwest OHV Park. Entry to the park is $4 and will be collected upon entry into the park. In addition to this, the City of Bridgeport requires a waiver to be signed upon entry to the park. Please allow extra time to enter the park.
* Click each event for course maps, elevation profile, and aid station locations/distances.
Early Packet Pickup
Thursday, December 12, 4 - 7 p.m. at REI in Southlake, 1011 E Southlake Blvd, Southlake, TX 76092
Friday, December 13, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. at Bear Creek Running Co, 101 Town Center Ln Suite 115, Keller, TX 76248
Bibs can be picked up on Saturday morning before the races start. We encourage everyone to arrive early and pick up their bibs at least 15 minutes before their race starts.
|Saturday December 14 |
|6:00 AM || ||Packet Pickup - Start/Finish |
|7:15 AM || ||Pre-Race Briefing 54K/Marathon |
|7:30 AM || ||54K/Marathon Start |
|7:45 AM || ||18K Race Briefing |
|8:00 AM || ||18K Start |
|8:15 AM || ||10K Race Briefing |
|8:30 AM || ||10K Start |
|4:30 PM || ||Final Cutoff (All Races) |
The trail system is a good balance of flat runnable sections, plus enough hilly/rocky sections to keep you awake. Each 11 mile full loop has around 731 feet of elevation gain.
The course starts at the pavilion inside the OHV park which sits at a higher elevation than the hike/bike trail system. From the pavilion, the course will descend 155 feet within 1/2 mile on the of the OHV trails to the gate adjoining with the hike/bike trail system. The next 5 miles will be on the flatter/easier sections of the hike/bike trails south of the power lines. The course will then move into the to the more technical/hilly (just under 5 miles) northern part of the hike/bike trails before arriving back at the gate into the OHV park. The return to the pavilion will then follow a different 1/2 mile section of trail back to the pavilion climbing another 155 feet back to the start/finish.
Prizes will be awarded in each event to:
- The top three overall male and female finishers
- The top male and female Master's finisher (40+)*.
* Any masters runner who places in the top three positions will be ranked in the overall division. Masters awards will then be awarded based on the next eligible runner within that division.
- All participants who complete the distance they signed up for will receive a distance specific finisher medal.
All race participants will receive a race shirt in the size indicated upon checkout.Please note the following:
- We do not mail shirts to participants who do not show up for the race.
- Transfers to another runner after the shirt deadline will receive the shirt size indicated by the original registrant.
- We only exchange shirts for a different size after the race.
Registration and Refund Policy
We understand that things come up. If you can no longer run the race, if you let us know more than one month in advance, you will receive 100% race credit for another Blaze Trails Running event. If you let us know between one month and two weeks prior to race day, you will receive 50% race credit towards another Blaze Trails Running event. We will not allow any refunds or transfers less than two weeks before race day. No exceptions.
Local time: 4:30 AM
Bib transfers to another runner are allowed up until the two weeks prior to the race only if the race has not sold out. If you are interested in transferring your bib to a friend, please contact us immediately. It is very important for the safety of all runners that we have the correct contact and medical information. If the shirt order has already been placed, your friend agrees to accept the shirt size that you ordered. A $15 administration fee (plus transaction fee) will be charged to the person who is accepting the bib transfer. We do not allow transfers if the event has sold out and have a wait list. In that case, we will follow the posted refund policy and allow the next person on the wait list to register. We require transfers to be completed no later than two weeks prior to the race. This allows us to keep our focus on producing the event and other important race details during the race week. If you contact us in the last two weeks to ask for a transfer, we will not reply and the transfer is not allowed. No exceptions.
Refund and/or transfer requests must be made in writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds are only processed as credit to a future event.
I further understand that I am not entitled to a refund if the race director and/or race officials are forced to cancel the race due to any participant safety issue on the course that is out of the race organizer’s control. This may include, but is not limited to flooding, lightning or any other weather condition that makes the course unsafe for participants.