Natchez Trace Trail Run
When - November 7th – 2020
We will host an early packet pickup at Fleet Feet Green Hills from 6-7pm the night before the race.
Early Packet Pickup Address: 3900 Hillsboro Pike #18, Nashville, TN 37215
Updates - Marathoners run the full trail and will need to take a bus. Cost of the transportation is included in signup cost.
Where – Garrison Creek Rest Stop– Natchez Trace, TN
Time – 6:00amcst for the 50 milers, and 7:00am cst for the Marathon Runners.
Distance - Marathon and 50 miles - Out and Back
Capacity – 120 hugs from yours truly
• Male – Female 1st- 3rd
• Age Groups 20-29 30-39 40-49 50-59 60+
The Natchez provides 25ish miles of fast trails. The terrain is not too steep but can get rugged as it is not a well traveled trail. There is around 10,000 feet of gain for the 50-miler. Most of the trail is on single track but has several road crossings. The Natchez is rich in beauty and history, so join us in pushing yourself and continuing a portion of the tradition of The Kaintucks.
Avg Slope: 4.4
What is included 50 miler:
* Belt Buckle for 50 mile finishers
* Shirt (optional)
* Race entry (duh)
What is included 26.2 miler:
* Finisher medal
* Bus ride
* Shirt (optional)
* Race entry (duh)
* Stay on the trails not on the road. If you get lost stop call the RD, or retrace your steps. If we catch you on the road it is a DQ
* No Pacers or aid outside of aid station
* Don't mess with the flags
* Littering and cutting the course will get you disqualified and removed from all HardWin races. All RDs will be notified as well on RD message board. Pick up you trash and don't cheat, no matter what.
* Carry your own hydration device as we do not provide cups
* Each year we have several people drop out of this race. If you get to an AS and want to go back you will have to wait till the volunteers leave, or when a transportation vehicle stops by.
* If you have friends and family at the event that is cool! If they want to follow you in a car that is fine as well. However please tell them that it is against the law to stop on the side of the road on the Natchez. Please do not do this as the rangers will come down hard on me and will potentially cancel the race. If they want to stop they can do so at rest stops along the Natchez. All of which you will pass by.
* Cutoff time is 14 hours for both races.
Will there be water/aid stations at any point on the course? If so where will there be and what will they have? - Yes we have water stations about every 5 miles. I usually add candy, chocolate, and salted sweet potatoes.
Local time: 1:22 PM
Where does the course start? I read about the drop off, which I am excited about, since that means we will see as much of the trail as possible.
We will all meet at this location:
Then take a bus to this location and run back to the original location. Once you get to the original location you will still need to run three miles. Which we will probably have you run 1.5 miles out then back:
Will there be any food/snacks/beer at the finish line or should I bring my cooler? We will have snacks, water, gatorade, and gels. The park does not allow alcohol unfortunately.
Can we leave jackets in the drop off van to send to the finish line? You will be at the finish line at the start of the race. From there you will take a bus to the starting point. So feel free to leave whatever you want!
How did you add the extra miles and where are they? The extra miles are added at the beginning where you will do a separate loop trail and come back to the starting line for 2.5 miles. The other added distance is at the end, you will now be going all the way to the Duck River!