THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
3/16/20: The event is cancelled and will reconvene April 9th, 2021. Email to be sent out on 3/16.
3/12/20: Registration is closed, and we will no longer be accepting registrations. We are working in conjunction with Lake Sonoma 50M management to best communicate a plan given the current global situation. Stay tuned.
3/7/20: We are opening 50 more spots to put capacity to 400. Please make sure you get your hotels and housing set up now. If Healdsburg hotels are sold out, than please look into neighboring cities such as Santa Rosa, Windsor; Rhonert Park, Guernevillle, and other cities in Sonoma County.
The Inaugural Salomon WMN Trail 1/2 Marathon
Join Salomon for the first-annual WMN Trail ½ Marathon in Lake Sonoma, California, in partnership with the Lake Sonoma 50. The female-only race will follow many of the same trails that its 50-miler counterpart does, offering similarly expansive views of the lake and surrounding hills at a shorter running distance. The race weekend will offer a variety of pre- and post-event festivities centered on empowerment and community for women like fun runs, How To Trail Run Workshops, and opportunities to try the latest Salomon product. These and other activities throughout the race weekend will be brought to life by the Salomon crew including Lauren Fleshman, Cat Bradley, Stevie Kremer, Aliza Lapierre amd Courtney Dauwalter. In addition, race participants will enjoy a luxurious après race celebration complete with wine tastings, music, dance, yoga, massages, food, and community to celebrate the day’s accomplishments. Additionally, Salomon will offer certified childcare for the kids of runners, at no extra cost, to help make it that much easier for moms to participate on race day.
Cash Awards for Top 3 Finishers
- 1st: $3,000
- 2nd: $2,000
- 3rd: $1,000
Camp, Run, Eat, Drink, Celebrate, Camp!
- Add camping here for $25/night at Liberty Glen Campground
- Select Single or Double Site.
- Site map and other critical information for size of trailers and/or RV's
- Friday, April 10, 2020
Lone Rock Trailhead at Lake Sonoma
Geyserville, CA 95425
- Half Marathon
Runner Check-in & Bib Pick-up
Race Director Event Briefing
Time Limits & Cut-Off
- There is a 6 HOUR TIME LIMIT
- Runners must get to the second aid station in 4 hours or you will not be able to continue. We will make sure you get a ride back. We don’t want you to miss the party.
Effective January 7, 2018, Pacific Coast Trail Runs is following the lead of other trail races by taking steps to "green" our events. We recommend that all participants carry hydration devices on them during the race.
Post Race Food & Wine Celebration
This event will continue after you race – with Food Network Star, Chef Yaku and local wines and beers from Sonoma County. All entrants receive a "post-race meal ticket" to get the nutrients your body needs right after you finish. You will have the option during registration to purchase additional meal tickets. Our post-race meals are designed to meet all palates and will always provide a vegetarian option. So bring a chair, a friend, and relax a bit with us.
SWAG and Awards
All participants will receive a Salomon SWAG bag filled with fun surprises!
- All finishers will receive a necklace commemorating the event.
Top 3 Winners
Win Cash Award
- 1st - $3,000
- 2nd - $2,000
- 3rd - $1,000
Win dollar value in race credits for future Pacific Coast Trail Runs events.
- 1st Place - $75 race credit towards future PCTR Race
- 2nd Place - $50 race credit towards future PCTR Race
- 3rd Place - $25 race credit towards future PCTR Race
Age Group Awards
Each age group winner will receive a special 2020 Age Group Medal. Age Group Award Winners include Top 3 Male & Female in each of the following age group categories:
Aid Stations & Drop Bags & Pacers/Guide Runners
- Mile 4.5 and 8.5
- We will provide a variety of fresh fruit, salty and sugary snacks, bananas, tangerines, watermelon, FLUID Electrolyte drink, coke and water.It is highly recommended that ALL runners carry at least 20 oz. of water between aid stations.
- Drop bags are only allowed at the Start/Finish Area
- No drop bags on course
- Please put your bib number on them
- Pacers or companions are not allowed.
- If you are visually impaired, then you can have a "guide runner". Please let us know and we will have a bib ready for your runner. We recommend purchasing an extra meal ticket for your guide runner at checkout.
Clean Sport Pledge
We pledge to support clean sport by inviting to athletes to compete at our events who are committed to training, racing and living clean and not inviting athletes to compete who have tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. We are in favor of random drug testing, especially when there is prize money offered at the event. Our organization also chooses to not work with coaches and agents that have athletes that are currently working with athletes that have tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. We understand we have a responsibility to protect a level playing field and we will be role models in the community as ambassadors and advocates for clean sport. We pledge to honor clean sport by inviting and supporting clean athletes at our races.
Volunteering, Refunds, Transfers, Race Credit Policies
Local time: 5:18 AM
Volunteers and our amazing PCTR team are what make our trail running events thrive. We pride ourselves in how much we respect and reward our volunteers. Love those ”Go run a trail” shirts? Well, volunteering is the only way to get those. We also like to feed you with our amazing post-race BBQ. We also sometimes order other swag like trucker hats or beanies for volunteers depending on the event.
Shall you like to volunteer for one of our events, then please email Greg at RunPCTR@gmail.com.
- If you are entered in the event and you bring a friend or family member and they don't enter events, then you can earn their credits.
- Race credits are not transferable.
- You can bring your children with you, but you must be able to function as a volunteer while parenting ;-)
- Earn $10 in Race Credits for every hour worked. (4hrs = $40)
- 5.5hrs = $55)
- Earn 2X Credits for bad weather volunteering (HEAVY RAIN or SNOW or OTHER TBD)
- Earn 2X Credits for volunteering for night shifts after 8pm and before 6am (Hedlands 100 and Night Sweats Trail Runs).
- Volunteer 8+ hour shift and earn $40 bonus credits for event.
- Receive the coveted PCTR "Go Run a Trail!" shirt" and more. Must volunteer a minimum of 5 hours to get the shirt.
If you are unable to participate in the event you paid for and miss the 45 or 15 day window because you are unable to run due to injury or under training, and volunteer at the intended event or another before 30 days of your event, then we will apply 100% race credit for a future PCTR event. If you volunteer a minimum of 5 hours. You are also eligible to receive additional race credits for the hours you volunteered if you surpass your race entry fee.
Refunds & Transfers
Entry fees associated with Pacific Coast Trail Run Events are non-refundable and non-transferable. The amount of time and expense that goes into a PCTR event is high. Contracts, permit fees, awards, shirts, and all things associated with your event happen a long time before your race day. Surely, if many of you wanted a refund because you got injured, become sick, or have to attend a family function, then all trail running companies would be out of business. We also do not transfer entries for numerous reasons. We do, and will provide race credits for a future PCTR event (less Ultrasignup.com registration fees) shall something come up that prevents you from attending the event you paid for.
For 100% race credit towards another PCTR event, you must notify us 45 days before your event. For 50% race credit, you must notify PCTR prior to 14 days before your event. For 25% race credit, you must notify PCTR prior to 72 hours remaining before your event. Your race credits will be valid for one year from the time you earned them.