FINAL RESULTS WILL BE POSTED IN VERTICAL MILES CLIMBED (NOT FEET)
Local time: 10:01 AM
NEW: DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND WE ARE EXTENDING THIS EVENT BY ONE WEEK UNTIL MAY 11, 2020.
Virtual Vertical Challenge
Please join us for the Virtual Vertical Challenge: Climbing Adventure any day between April 24 and May 11, 2020.
How many feet can you climb in 25K? How about 50K? Can you climb a verical mile?
Let's see who can climb the most. We have two distances to choose from, and each event is $20. Every registered runner will receive a $20 coupon to JackRabbit Glendale (valid through June 30, exclusions may apply), and the winners will receive a cool prize (assuming we have at least three people competing in each event). Proceeds will support Shoes 4 The Shoeless, an Ohio charity that provides food for children and the vulnerable population during the COVID 19 pandemic. We hope to provide several food boxes with proceeds from the race. If you want to be more involved in Shoes 4 The Shoeless work please consider being Food Box Captain: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/food4thepeopleround3
- Pick any day between April 24 and May 11
- Find a hill near your home, set your treadmill on the incline, or find a long staircase!! Whatever you can do, and see how much vertical gain you can get!
- Please follow social distancing guidelines, familiarize yourself with CDC recommendations, follow your community regulations regarding running outside, and respect parks rules and regulations.
- Submit your results after the challenge (watch data, TM screenshots, Strava data etc) for verification through the Ultrasignup Self Reporting tool.
- Results will be posted on Ultrasignup when the event is completed. Results will be posted in miles climbed.
- Whoever gets the most elevation gain will will. In case of a tie, the person who climb the most and the fastest will win
Empower Ultras was founded by two Middle-Aged, Midpack, Midwest Moms, Aneta (Nettie) Zeppettella and Jennifer Russo, who met through ultrarunning and over years gained a ton of experience finishing some of the hardest ultras on East Coast and beyond. Nettie has directed ultrarunning events as volunteer RD, and Jennifer has extensive marketing experience. We both want to empower you to try to push your limits and create your new adventures. Please join us. We will cheer for you with our whole hearts!