See the Showdown here
Brought to you By East, West & Third Coast RDs
Destination Trail Races led by West Coast Race Director Candice Burt, Yeti Trail Runners led by East Coast Race Director Jason Green, and 3rd Coast Race Director Ally Gregory bring you a new virtual challenge that will pit the East, West, and 3rd Coasts against each other in the epic battle you didn't know you needed right now! Choose your side and let the running (and walking) begin!
How Does it Work?
It's so simple, everyone can join in! Here's how is works:
1. Signup for a distance or all 3! (Please note that recording runs doesn't start until April 1) while choosing East Coast team or West Coast or Third Coast (midwest) Team. International runners can choose a team as well, but still need to choose East or West or Third.
2. Choose a place to run that is safe/where you can socially distance whether it be indoors or outdoors please follow local covid laws and guidelines for your locale. You may use a treadmill, run on the road or trail or all 3!
3. Run any day or time from April 1, 2021 - May 15, 2021. It's timed like a race or FKT, once you start your run the clock keeps going. If you don't care about your time then you can do it slowly (as in multiple days) but the clock doesn't stop. Most participants will choose to do the entire distance in one go, rather than breaking it up into different days because remember - if you do it over several days the clock doesn't stop!
4. Run (or Walk) while recording your time. To submit a time and get on the leaderboard you will need one of two different verifications: 1. Link to a site like strava, garmin connect, or other site that records your run- make sure to set the run to "public" so we can verify it. OR 2. take a selfie with your time/distance if you're on a treadmill or from your watch if you don't use strava/garmin/other program. It's easy! Please note ALL verification will be public on ultrasignup so you may check other people's verification when perusing live results. The Leaderboard will be live all month! The top times for age group and genders will receive special prizes and we will have some fun DFL prizes as well. This is on the honor system so a photo of your treadmill mileage/watch/phone mileage will do as proof.
5. Upload your time and data to ultrasignup and get results in real time!
SUBMITTING A TIME / LIVE LEADERBOARD
The easiest way to submit your time is to do the following:
Go to the registration page and use the "Record Results" orange button next to the green "register" button. That will allow you to record your results easily and quickly. The link to the page is here: https://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=77213
You do not have to submit a time, all participants will be mailed a shirt regardless of whether they submit a time. You also have the option to purchase a medal. To show up on the leaderboard or win special prizes you will have to submit a time.
6. We will email you more detailed instructions on how to submit your time and how and where to find our live leaderboard after you register. Medals and shirts are shipped once every two weeks, so expect them to take up to 2 weeks to arrive, possibly longer if you're international.
7. Lastly, you will be able to better your time if you want to by uploading multiple times if you run the distance faster. If you have a top spot then someone beats your time, you can come back and run again to better your time and try to place again. Please remember that we are verifying times but that it is on the honor system - be a good human please.
LET'S DO THIS!! Which team will you pick?!
Epic Battle to Commence
Finally, we will determine which coast is the best coast! Featuring live results as entrants upload their times all month long to ultrasignup making this not only a virtual challenge but also a competitive challenge! Choose your side: East Coast or West Coast or Third Coast and your distance: 10k, Half Marathon (13.1 miles) or 50k for this fun and challenging virtual race with lots of prizes! All entrants receive a t-shirt with their registration and have the option to purchase a medal designed and made in the USA shipped to them.
Feeding America Charity
Feeding America is the nation’s largest domestic hunger-relief organization. When you register you can add a donation for Feeding America. Thanks to donations and support from businesses, government organizations and individuals like you, the Feeding America network of food banks, pantries and meal programs serve virtually every community in the United States — 40 million people, including 12 million children and 7 million seniors. Learn more at https://www.feedingamerica.org/ Choose our "donation" option to donate to Feed America when registering to lessen the economic effects of coronavirus on families in need.
Local time: 12:46 PM