RACE DAY & POSSIBLE COURSE CHANGES
We are so thrilled to have the honor of putting this race on! With this responsibility comes some definite and potential changes. In order for our permits to be approved and remain valid, we have a few strict guidelines that we all must follow. Those guidelines can be found on our website at www.Loco.Run (link on the homepage).
There is also a chance that the half marathon, 50k, 100k and 100 mile courses will have some changes. We will know if the changes are necessary (hopefully) by Tuesday, May 26th.
We've added a 100 mile distance to the Loco course in 2019! The 100 mile course follows the 50k and 100k runners for the first part of the day and then breaks off with the 100k runners around mile 18. At mile 62, 100 mile runners run past the 100k finish line and begin their adventure to complete the course for their Loco belt buckle. For those who ran the 100k in 2018, you can add it to your Loco belt!
This course is a fun, challenging course that will keep runners on their toes. With almost no pavement (just a couple of miles broken down in to a few small sections) runners can enjoy dirt trails, fire roads, creek crossings and several challenging elevation hikes.
Loco aid stations are well stocked with electrolytes, water and hot, cold, sweet and salty ultra foods. Stations are ran by enthusiastic and helpful volunteers, with medical aid/checkpoints at 4 different locations. Runners can expect to enjoy areas called Coon Hollow (beloved by many a runner), the Loco Mud Pit, Cold Springs, Snake Mouth, Runners Crotch, Slow Death, the Jonesville Beast and Mile High Hill.
Pacers can pick up at Mile 54, 69 & 81 and crew has access to 7 locations throughout the course. Participants have 30 hours to complete the course and can enjoy a post race meal at the finish line.
Run Loco for a fun and challenging adventure through Lassen National Forest, in Northern California!
Included in Registration
The Loco Go Big or Go Home Challenge is HAPPENING!!!
Due to inventory shortage & production and shipping times, the first 200 participants to register are guaranteed to receive a race buff, hand sanitizer spray, re-usable cup, and (of course!) a finishers medallion. Participant who miss the cut off will receive their swag after the race (we will be able to place a second order).
All 5KBEER5K participants who show ID at packet pickup (and are 21 and older) can stop at The Loco 6 Hydration Garden (located on the race course, where all distances intersect) to enjoy a Bouley Brew ...a favorite among Loco runners! 5kBEER5k participants are invited to hang out at The Loco 6 Hydration Station (located at their turn around point) and cheer other distances on while sitting under the shade tents with their frosty beverage (Remember, you MUST show ID at packet pickup to enjoy your Bouley Brew Beer).
If you decide that you can not run, you can transfer your registration to someone else, until May 20th.
If you can not run, or transfer, please consider your unused registration a generous donation to 6th Street Center for Youth (our awesome beneficiary).
***PLEASE CHECK OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.LOCO.RUN FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OUR COVID-19 PROTOCOL AND TO FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH GUIDELINES FOR RACE DAY. THANK YOU!!!
This course is on close to 80% dirt and gravel forestry roads (no single track) through breathtaking Lassen National Forest and surrounding areas, while the other almost 20% of the course is some of the most beautiful paved areas of Lassen National Forest you could ask for. This course is filled with rolling hills and has several big ones to get your heart pumping, including the Jonesville Beast at mile 15! At mile 22.5, you begin your steady descent downhill to the finish line! Dogs are welcome on the 50k course, with careful consideration. Please ensure that your furry friend is used to running long distance and trained well. Dog shoes (can be found at Ruff Wear) are required for any doggies running this distance. Starting elevation is 4337ft, reaching its highest elevation at 5812ft. Elevation gain/loss: 3095/-3095ft
There is a cut off at mile 21 (50k turn around aid station) of 1:08 PM and a generous cut off time of 4 PM (9 hours) to come through the finish line. This distance has a cap at 60 runners so get in before it fills up!
This course is approximately 30% dirt and gravel forestry roads (no single track), with some of the most incredible views around. Runners will have the opportunity to conquer the Jonesville Beast at mile 5, with a downhill reprieve at mile 7! The other 70% of this course is laid out on a beautiful paved course, through Lassen National Forest, that winds you past quaint cabins and over creeks, to the finish line. Is your 4 legged friend your training buddy? If your doggy is in shape to run with you on this 13.1 mile adventure, we welcome him or her to join you. When they cross the finish line, they even get a medallion! Please consider having your furry friend wear doggie shoes, to protect their paws. Starting elevation is 4337ft, reaching its highest elevation at 5354ft. Elevation gain/loss: 1406/-1406ft. This distance has a cap of 100 runners. We keep it low so that you can enjoy an uncrowded race through the woods!
Want to partake in an adventure run, through Lassen National Forest, that has creek crossings and maybe even a bit of snow? Love the prospect of tackling terrain with names like Jonesville Beast, Slow Death, Runners Crotch, Mile High Hill, The Jonesville Beast and Gnarly Hill? Check out http://www.intrepidadventuresevents.com/100k-info for more info. This distance will always be priced less than any other 100k around...just in case it sucks! There is a 40 runner cap on this distance so, get in before it fills up!
The entire course is dirt and gravel forestry roads (no single track). Enjoy the fresh mountain air as you take in the beautiful views of Lassen National Park. The first half of this course is a gradual, steady ascent to the turn around point, where you can enjoy picking up the pace on the gradual, steady downhill to the finish line! Dogs are welcome on the 10k course so bring your furry buddy and they will get a medal at the finish line too! Starting elevation is 4337ft, reaching its highest elevation at 4777ft. Elevation gain/loss: 538/-538ft This distance has a cap of 100 runners. We keep it low so that you can enjoy an uncrowded race through the woods!
The 5kBEER5k course is the regular 10k course with one major addition...BEER! 5kBEER5k participants will walk, jog or run their first 5k to the turn around point where they will have the option to enjoy a tasty adult beverage, served up by our Loco Brewmaster, at the Loco 6 Hydration Garden. The Loco 6 Hydration Garden intersects all 3 courses, offering the perfect opportunity to cheer other runners on while gearing up to complete their second 5k back to the finish line! We welcome families with children (register them for the 10k. It is the same course just no beer) for this distance and this course is incredibly dog friendly. That's right, bring your furry friend out to get Loco and they receive a medal at the finish line too! All participants are invited to join us for a delicious all day breakfast, included with registration, at the finish line! This distance has a cap of 125 and has filled up fast every year! Get in while you can!
Local time: 10:21 AM