We had to reschedule this race due to a significant trail closure on Wildwood. The repairs are made and it is reopened. The new race dates are October 15 - November 15.
Running Wildwood End-to-End
Forest Park, in Portland Oregon, is home to the Wildwood Trial, a National Recreation Trail and an iconic single track that runs the length of the park, 30.25 miles. For many, running this trail from one end to the other is a right of passage and their first ultra distance. This is your opportunity to race it! It's a virtual race, but you will actually run on the trail.
You have choices in how you want to compete and complete this race. Please REVIEW THESE CAREFULLY and choose the correct registration option when signing up:
1) Solo-One Go -- You are running the whole distance, on the Wildwood trail, in one attempt, by yourself.
2) Solo-Cumulative -- You are running the whole distance, on the Wildwood trail, in as many runs as it takes during the race period, by yourself.
3) Team-Women Cumulative -- Up to five women are running the whole trail, on Wildwood, but divided up between the team as you want. Every inch of the trail will be run over the duration of the race.
4) Team-Men Cumulative -- Up to five men are running the whole Wildwood trail, but divided up between the team as you want. Every inch of the trail will be run over the course of the race.
5) Team-Coed Cumulative -- Up to five people, with at least two women, are running the whole Wildwood trail, but divided up between the team as you want. Every inch of the trail will be run over the duration of the race.
6) Solo-On My Own Trail -- You don't live near or can't run on the actual Wildwood trail, but you want to run 30.25 miles all at once somewhere else.
7) Team-On My Own Trail-- You don't live near or can't run on the actual Wildwood trail, but you want to race anyway. Up to five people, with at least two women, will run 30.25 miles combined, over the duration of the race.
For TEAMS, the captain will register first and create a team name. After that, the other team members can register and choose that team from the drop-down list of teams. Only put yourself on the team your captain has created - do not randomly add yourself to someone else's team please.
If you are unsure of which category you want to sign up for, please contact us and we can help you. It can be a little confusing with all these categories, so we are more than happy to help you figure it out BEFORE you register.
All participants must use either Strava or Garmin Connect to record their run(s) and submit the link for verification. There is no manual reporting available. All submissions are reviewed to ensure that everyone complete the actual trail (except for those in the On My Own category, they are evaluated just for distance).
The Forest Park Conservancy is the race beneficiary and will receive a portion of every registration. The Conservancy is the non-profit that maintains the Wildwood trail, as well as the other soft-surface trails in the park.
There are no transfers to other runners, and no credits or refunds are given if you decide you cannot or do not run the race.
Local time: 10:19 PM