The Watershed Endurance 6Hr/3Hr Run is an unique event to challenge an individual’s physical abilities. The event will consist of a 3-hour and 6-hour timed run taking place on the 1 Mile path around the Watershed Nature Center. Participants can run, jog, walk or even take a break in between loops. The event is to see how many miles individuals can complete within the 3 or 6 hours limit. Event is limited to 100 participants. So, how far can you go?
Event will be held in the evening to avoid the summer heat and humidity. Both distances will end at midnight on Saturday, August 7th. Participants will be required to wear a headlamp, waistlamp or carry a light after sunset.
6 HR – Start 6:00 PM - 12:00 AM
3 HR – Start 9:00 PM – 12:00 AM
Proceeds from the event will directly benefit the Watershed Nature Center, Nature Preserve Committee to support its goal of re-connecting people of all ages, background and abilities to nature, protect and restore ecologically functional lands and waters, and promote active, healthy, sustainable communities and livelihoods.
Plan you visit to the Watershed Nature Center today
Early packet pickup – TBA.
Race day - 5:00PM – 9:00PM in front of the Watershed Nature Center Welcome Center.
An aid station tent will be setup near the Welcome Center. This will be supplied with water, electrolyte drink, energy gels, fruit, snacks and first aid. There will no cooked food on-site. Participants are encouraged to provide their own aid during event. Event will be a CUP-FREE event to minimize the trash in the landfills and decrease contact surfaces with COVID restrictions. Restrooms will be available inside the Welcome Center and in parking lot near basketball/sand volleyball courts.
The course is a 1.01 Mile loop running counterclockwise from the walking path leading to the Welcome Center. The course surface is 50% dirt/mulch terrain and 50% pavement. Course Map - https://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/4284284662
Male & Female Overall Winners
Male & Female age group winners – 29 & under, 30-30, 40-49, 50-59, 60+ in both races.
*Awards will be based on number of loops completed and finish time within the timed limit.
These protocols aligned with the State of Illinois Phase 4 Revitalization guideline for Indoor & Outdoor Recreation Guidelines
Local time: 11:15 PM
• Event will be limited to 100 participants
• Face masks covering the mouth and nose are REQUIRED for participants, volunteers and staff.
• Participants must wear a mask/face covering at the starting line and be socially distanced. Racers may remove their masks after the start and must put face covering back on immediately while at the aid station / finish line area and at the conclusion of event.
• No spectators, friends or family members may attend the event.
• Event will be a CUP-FREE event. There won't be any paper cups at aid station. Participants must bring their own reusable cup, water bottle or our hydration system. Please help keep the race eco-friendly, minimize the trash in the landfills and the ecosystem clean.
• In order to participate, participants must complete the Pre-Event COVID questionnaire no later than 5pm on race day. Participants will not be allowed to participant in the event if the questionnaire is not completed.
• No unregistered runners, walkers or pacers will be allowed on the course during the event.
• There will be no in-person race day registration available (online only).
• Participants are encouraged to stay socially distanced during event and not to run in groups.
*NOTE* - If Region 4 advances to COVID Phase 5 before the date of the event, Final Lap Race Management shall have the right to amend these protocols to align with the new restrictions.