The sixth annual UltraPedestrian Wilderness Challenge is a multi-faceted multi-media adventure blogging contest open to Trailrunners, Fastpackers, Backpackers, and bipeds of all stripes. There are no aid stations, no course markings, no start/finish, no lemming lines, no cut offs, no set date; in fact, it's all up to you.
How to participate in the UltraPedestrian Wilderness Challenge:
1. Sign up on Ultrasignup.com for any or all of the UPWC routes before you make your attempt and before November 30th.
2. Between the day you sign up and midnight on December 31st, complete any or all of the routes as well as your trip report, whatever form it may take. Completing a route must include producing content in the form of a trip report, photo album, video, audio recording, artistic rendering, or any other form which reflects your experience of the route and can be posted online via your personal blog and/or the UPWC Facebook Group.
3. Enter your proof and documentation, including trip report link and any GPS data at https://goo.gl/forms/pnpuBcJu4gBOfRyg2 no later than midnight December 31.
4. Early next year a party will be held at Seven Hills Running Shop to wrap up the event and kick off the next year's event. Finisher's patches and other awards and swag will be handed out for both the UPWC and UPMBC and the routes for the next year will be presented.
5. If you are unable to attend the UPWC Wrap Party/Kickoff Party, visit UltraPedestrianWildernessChallenge.com for complete results and visit Seven Hills Running Shop in person to pick up your UPWC commemorative finisher's patch. If you live outside the greater Seattle area, arrangements can be made to send you your finisher's patch via U.S. mail.
We strongly encourage all entrants to join the UPWC Facebook Group to ask questions about the routes, gather and share trail beta, connect with other UltraPedestrian Wilderness Challenge participants, scope out the competition, and keep up to date on the most recent news, information, and general goings on.
Alpine Lakes Grand Tour
Start : Snow Lake Trailhead get to the lake and head down to the Middle Fork Trail. Take this up past the Hot springs to Dutch Miller Gap. Continue towards Ivanhoe Lake to Waptus Lake, get on the PCT towards Catherdral Rock. Take trail 1345 down to Tucquala Meadow Campground.
Local time: 5:06 AM
About 1 mile down the road (4330) is trail 1595 go up and over Paddy – Go – Easy Pass. At French Creek head East on 1559 to 1558 head North to 1557 head up to Trout Lake. Continue up to Windy Pass towards Eight Mile creek then a small section of road up to Colchuck Lake TH. From the lake make your way up Aasgard Pass then enjoy the enchantments as you head back to ward Snow lakes and the trail head on Icicle Creek Road.
Approx 75 miles…. Lots and lots of up/ down
Note: in 2014 there was an alternate route included, according to Ras, this route is no longer open for future awards... beyond just the fun you get from being in the wild.