Marin Headlands, Golden Gate National Recreation Area
Welcome to Headlands 150M, 100M, 100K, 50M, Marathon events. Running in the Marin Headlands is a treat for any distance. Also known as "Trail Running Mecca" in California, you will enjoy vistas of the Pacific Coast as you take a scenic tour of the spectacular Marin Headlands with views of San Francisco, Tiburon, the Golden Gate Bridge and California coastline.
- The course is a 25-mile loop.
- For the 50, and 100 mile distances, the first loop is clockwise.
- Then the course reverses direction to counterclockwise and alternate (“washing machine” loops).
- Marathon and triple marathon runners will add a 1.2 mile loop at the start before beginning the 25-mile loop.
- The 100K will run the first 25 mile loop clockwise, the second loop counter clockwise and the 15K third loop in counter clockwise direction.
Pacers & Safety Runners:
- Pacers are allowed after 50 miles in the 100K, 100 and 150 mile events.
- Safety Runners are allowed for the 100M and 150M night starts.
- Pacers or safety runners are not allowed in either the marathon or 50M distance.
150M will start on Thursday 8/11 at 5:00pm. - Time Limit 70 hours.
- Your first aid station will open at Noon on Friday. You will have a tracker on your person.
100M will have two start times:
- Friday 8/12 at 8:00pm. - Time Limit 43 hours.
- Saturday 8/13at 6:00am. - Time Limit 33 hours.
2022 Map Link: All Distances Click Here
150M - 30,102 ft
100M - 20,068 ft
100K - 12,300 ft
50M - 10,034 ft
Marathon - 5,045 ft.
150M finishers will receive a buckle made by “Comstock Heritage”, the same company making the buckles for Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run.
- 150M Sterling Silver sub-40 hour
- 150M Brass Buckle sub-70 hour
All 100M Finishers will receive a Headlands Hundred Buckle:
- Sub-24 Hour 100M runners will receive a Zinc Belt Buckle - Color Antique Silver
- 24 hour to sub-43 Hr 100M finshers will receive a Zinc Belt Buckle - Color Antique Brass
All Other Finishers below 100M category will receive finsher medal.
All ultramarathon finishers to receive special commemorative “Ultramarathon Finisher” award.
All distances are eligible for Age Group Awards in the following category:
70-79, & 80+
Qualifications to run our ultra-distance events
No qualification standards needed for this event. Feel free to register for any distance.
Local time: 4:12 AM