California, We're Back in Business!
We will continue follow the Community Sporting Events Protocol from L.A. County Department of Public Health for our event.
● The aid stations will be minimal and follow all safety and sanitary rules.
● Packet pick-up times will be flexible to allow for more time for runners
● Allow for one person in each party to pick up all items for participants in their party
● Verify acknowledgement from participant to do socially responsible and follow any and all COVID-19 and safety protocols (already done through waivers but again at pick up)
● The event will release 3-10 participants every 5-10 seconds at the start line to spread the runners out along the course.
● Start line location and waiting spots will have a hand sanitizer
● If on course aid stations offer non-hydration aid (e.g. food, nutrition), only pre-packaged food will be offered such as gels and tabs.
● Cups will not be given out on course. Instead, participants will be required to bring their own hydration device (e.g. reusable cup, bottle, hydration belt/pack) for the event.
● Water and electrolytes may be available for participants to self-serve if necessary.
● Ice will only be touched by the volunteer using a scooper.
● PRE-EVENT – In addition to completing the Participant Waiver & Release Agreement during registration, all participants, staff, vendors, contractors, individuals, etc. attending the event must complete a Participant Acknowledgement and COVID-19 Health Assessment Waiver checklist prior to event day. his acknowledgement will include:
● If symptoms arise, contact, and visit your Health Care Provider
● Participants who have experienced symptoms, or live with people who have symptoms, should self-quarantine and not participate in the event until the following:
○ At least three days (72 hours) have passed since recovery
■ Recovery is defined as resolution of fever without use of fever-reducing medications and improvement in respiratory symptoms, e.g. cough, shortness of breath, etc. AND
■ At least ten (10) days have passed since symptoms first appeared
● POST-EVENT – Following the event, all staff, participants, and vendors will be instructed to perform a self-evaluation for symptoms of COVID-19. This message will include:
○ If symptoms arise, contact and visit your Health Care Provider
■ Refer to pre-event Participant Acknowledgement and COVID-19 Waiver checklist for list of possible symptoms
○ Notify the event management company on roles, locations, and any other exposure that person had during the event.
■ Participant data is recorded upon registration making contract tracing fast and reliable. This data will include - first name, last name, phone number, email address.
- Friday 7:00pm (24H), 8:00pm (100K) - MUST wear reflectorized vest / blinking lights
- Saturday 6:00am (12H), 6:30am (50K)
- 7:00am (Marathon) - Snail's Cup Series, USATF SoCal Road Grand Prix Series, Boston qualifying race (certified course)
- 8:00am (10K) - Snail's Cup Series, USATF SoCal Road Grand Prix Series
Course and weather
10 km out and back, repeated 10 times for 100K, 5 times for 50K, 3 times for 30K, 1 times for 10K.
Marathon - Start Time: 8:00am (Saturday) - One 0.7M loop first, follow by Four 10K loops.
Surface is asphalt bike path. Approx. 90% of course has dirt path next to bike path.
Course will be in use by other pedestrians (esp. bicycles) and possibly equestrians on race day.
Temperatures may range from 30 degrees to 80 degrees on race day.
Average Temperatures range between 47 and 68 degrees in February.
One aid station (approx. every 5 km), stocked with typical ultra foods.
Entrants may also leave drop bags at start line, passed every 10 km.
Race will NOT provide ibuprofen, aspirin, etc.
- Cutoff time for all Race divisions on Saturday 7:00pm
Local time: 1:43 AM
- Change race is allowed, at least 30 minutes before the race start
- Change time is allowed, may not earn Place award
- Under 18 of Age permitted with parents' permission and race director's approval.