The inaugural Placer Trail Running Festival is an event unlike any other, through the majestic trails of Hidden Falls Regional Park in Placer County. Our 50K, 25K, and 5K Canicross events are on some of the most beautiful and runnable trails in all of northern California, great for first time trail runners and experts. In addition to the beautiful scenery, your registration will go to a good cause, Placer Land Trust which supports conservation, access, and preservation of hundreds of acres in the region. Join us on April 1st, 2023 for a fun and challenging time in the woods & canyons of Placer County!
Presented by: Bad Luck Run Club. Sponsored by: REI. Gold Rush Chevrolet & Subaru.
Looking to save a buck? We have two ways to cut 10% off your registration:
1) Donate to Placer Land Trust! Use PLT10 coupon code at check out to take 10% off your registration fees. After you register with this code, you must send us a screen shot / forward of your donation receipt*.
2) Post about your PTRF registration on your Facebook / Instagram / Twitter! Use INSTA10 coupon code at check out to take 10% off your registration fees. After you register with this code, you must send us a screen shot of your social media post*.
*Codes cannot be combined. Maximum of 10% can be taken off registration fees only. Please send proof of donation / social media posts within 7 days of registration. Please do not abuse this offer. If you use the codes and don't send proof, PTRF reserves the right to cancel your registration without a refund.
Awards and Swag
We'll be doing things a little differently at PTRF! All runners will receive a "first timer" award for their PTRF distance and a goodie bag of sponsored items in 2023. Lets say you run with us again in 2024, then you'll snag our "second timer" award and so forth.
In an effort to cut the waste and make some room in your closet, we'll be offering tech t-shirts as an optional purchase for $15 and long sleeves for $20.
We've expanded our gender options to three categories (female, male, and non-binary). Age groups awards are abbreviated and will go by the following brackets: 10-19, 20-39, 40+.
Thumper 50k & Jackrabbit 25k
Our 25k & 50k follow the same route on a 25k / 15.5 mile loop through the park with 1880 ft of total climbing. The 50k / 31.1 mile is the 25k loop twice with 3760 ft of climbing in total. All of it is runnable on a mix of single track and gravel double wide trails.
25k Route: https://www.strava.com/routes/3006677156951671324
50k Route: https://www.strava.com/routes/3006678287123247644
25k and 50k start time: 8:30AM
- Homestead Aid Station, 5.9 / 21.4 miles
- North Legacy Aid Station, 9.0 / 24.5 miles
- Deadman Canyon Bridge Aid Station, 12.1 / 27.6 miles
- Finish Line at 15.5 / 31.1 miles.
50k Cut-Off Times:
- Finish Line 15.5 mile (Lap 1): Elapsed Time 3:52, Time of Day 12:22PM, Pace 15:00 min/mile
- Finish Line 31.1 mile (Lap 2): Elapsed Time 8:00, Time of Day 4:30PM, Pace 15:25 min/mile
Rabbit Chaser 5k & Canicross 5k
Our 5k & canicross 5k events are a great chance for you and your pal to hit the mix of single track and double wide trails together with 523 ft of climbing (may also run without your pal). There are no on course aid stations for this race, although there will be a fully stocked station at the start / finish line. We'll organize the starting line according to dog size with larger dogs up front and smaller dogs toward the back. There will be plenty of space to pass on the course in the first half. All dogs must remain on leash at all times prior, during, and after the race. For safety reasons, no exceptions will be made.
5k start time: 8:45AM
Hopper Kids 1k Run
Kids between the ages of 5 to 10 years old can join in on the fun with a 1k trail run. All kid participants will snag a free shirt and fun award. Parents / guardians may join their children on this fun run. The course is hilly and on a mix of single track and gravel double wide trail.
1k start time: 10:00AM
Parking is limited at the Hidden Falls! You have one of three options to get to/from the park:
Local time: 4:41 PM
1) Parking Pass: You may purchase "Priority Parking (Last Call)" for $10. We'll register you for a parking spot at the park. As of 1/18/23 we've filled up or priority parking limit.
2) Shuttle: We're offering a free shuttle to/from, Placer County Government Center at 2956 Richardson Dr, Auburn, CA 95603. Shuttle times from Placer County Government Center: 7:15AM, 7:45AM, 8:15AM. Shuttle times from Hidden Falls Regional Park: 10:45AM, 12:15PM, 2:00PM, 4:45PM.
3) Drop Off: You may have someone drop you off & picked you up at the park. You may use our free shuttle to aid in this.