**BEFORE COMPLETING REGISTRATION, ALL RACERS MUST DO THEIR ONLINE RCR EVENT WAIVER**If you are planning to register, head to THIS LINK NOW, complete your waiver and have your RCR Event Release Agreement ID at hand to enter during the checkout process. Please ensure your FIRST + LAST name used on your waiver, matches your ultrasignup account.
Now in its 5th year, our high-vert, challenging 50km, encompassing some of Fernie’s best trails and jaw dropping views, returns. 2023 sees the return of our 2022 course, while also offering a NEW! 15km distance.
Those going the full distance will take on the iconic Leg 1 up and over Mt. Fernie, onto Rocky Road, down to Island Lake Lodge Catskiing, before cruising through the Old Growth. Leg 2 follows the old Rail Trail, heading up punchy Verboten, before a fast descent onto the rolling, loamy Provincial Park trails, over to Fernie Alpine Resort. Leg 3 is a tour of the ski hill, climbing all the way up through Cedar Bowl to the base of the dramatic Headwall, before traversing all the way across into Timber Bowl for a steep descent to the Finish Line.
Whatever distance you choose, there are guaranteed views, epic climbs, amazing single track and fun descents, making the Elk Valley Ultra a classic, challenging race experience in the heart of the Canadian Rockies.
For more details on this year's race, head to our website HERE.
LEG 1: Maiden Lake to Old Growth Parking. 20.5km // 1,474m ascent. Strava: HERE.
LEG 2: Old Growth Parking to Fernie Alpine Resort. 16.5km // 616m. Strava: HERE.
LEG 3: Fernie Alpine Resort to Fernie Alpine Resort. 14km // 808m. Strava: HERE.
TOTAL: ~50km // ~2,898m ascent. Strava: HERE. GPX: HERE.
LEG 3: Fernie Alpine Resort to Fernie Alpine Resort. ~15km // 808m. Strava: HERE
CATEGORIES & PRICING
Limit: 200 racers. Entry Fee: $135. Categories: Male and Female, <40 (Open), 40-59 and 60+, with prizing 1st-3rd in each. Please note you only are awarded in one category.
Limit: 200 racers. Entry Fee: $80. Categories: Male and Female, <40 (Open), 40-59 and 60+, with prizing 1st-3rd in each. Please note you only are awarded in one category.
- We have sold out quickly every year, and expect to do so again in 2023!
- New for 2023, you need to do an online RCR Event Waiver BEFORE registering. Head to THIS LINK NOW, complete your waiver and have your RCR Event Release Agreement ID at hand to enter during the checkout process. Please ensure your FIRST + LAST name used on your waiver, matches your ultrasignup account.
- Shirts sizes aren't exchangeable - so please size UP. Shirts are ordered May 31st, so if you join the race after this date you may not get a shirt.
- If you're unable to race, you are able to sell your entry.
- Elk Valley Ultra awesome shirt by Presenting sponsor Giv'er Shirtworks
- Finish Line BBQ + Beer from Fernie Brewing Co
- Fantastic Finishers medals and Top 3 Trophies by category, by Wild Wolves
- Fully stocked Aid Stations
- Entry fee also includes a donation to the Fernie Trails Alliance to go towards Fernie's amazing trail network
RACE WEEKEND INFO
FRIDAY JULY 21- Compulsory Check-in & Waiver Signing: 4pm-7pm (location TBC)
SATURDAY JULY 22- 50km Race Start Time: 6am, from Maiden Lake
- 15km Race Start Time: 8am, from Fernie Alpine Resort
- Awards: 5pm, at Finish Line
- Course Closes: 7pm (13hrs), plus generous on-course cut offs
STAY UP TO DATE
Stag Leap Running Co. Website
Local time: 8:58 PM
Stag Leap Running Co. Facebook Page
Stag Leap Running Co. Instagram