SPS #2 Heyburn
Here is the biggest problem with the trails at Heyburn .... not enough people use them! They have a great trail system that is perfect for running, biking or hiking. Miles and miles of trails with some great views. If you ran SPS #2 last year, I am sure you will remember just beautiful it was. But that was half the fun... it was a challenge. Heyburn's course is just plain F.U.N. We start out with a nice "little" hill then it all gets better from there, many rolling hills and a creek crossing... oh the creek crossing (great location to snap a pic). And then the perfect shelters with fireplaces! All of that combined with my favorite meal of all my races... taco bar with warm tortillas and loads of beverages from Slate Creek. This was the most relaxed I have ever been while directing a race.
***Entries are non-refundable and non-transferable to other runners. We understand that life happens and we will gladly issue a race credit into any of our other races (that are held for that year). Transfers must be received by Kelly the Monday (June 6) prior to the race that you cannot attend. Send your transfer request to Kelly at email@example.com.****
State Park Series
Welcome to Trail Maniacs State Park Series. For 2016 we are so excited to welcome REI into our trail running family. Trust me you do not want to miss these races! REI will be onsite for each of the five races in the series providing cooking demos and a complete set up of their top of the line camping equipment and games for you and your family to enjoy and demo. Bring your family and stay the weekend! We are also excited to announce that Saucony is coming back as our official shoe sponsor for 2016. And new this year Cerberus Home Watch is our local sponsor. SPS will include five state parks from two states (Idaho and Washington) one race per month from May thru October. SPS will have over $3,000.00 in prizes for the overall series. SPS is a trail run point series, including 5 mile and half marathon distances. We will count your best 4 out of 5 races in the series. BUT its okay if you only want to run one or two of the races! Trust me, you and your family will enjoy it! Pick the race that fits your schedule best and I look forward to meeting you.
What if I am new to trail running? These races are perfect for you, start with the 5 mile runs and give it a shot.
Come stay the weekend, Friday evening we will have a potluck at the Lower Chatcolet picnic shelter (Trail Maniacs will supply the pasta including Gluten free). We suggest reservations for camping at this time of the year. After the race on Saturday we will be serving a taco bar with warm tortillas, if you have a sweet tooth no need to worry I got your back! And how about some adult beverages, I don't think I would have a race without them! Stick around and cheer on all the finishers.
Sunday: Bicycle Sales and Service will host a Mountain Bike race. Kent from the shop will offer a 3 race series utilizing Farragut, Heyburn and Hell’s Gate State Parks.
Local time: 6:23 AM
I am looking forward to hanging out with all of you and if you have not ran with Trail Maniacs you’re in for a treat. You see we are about the friendships and companionship that trail running gives, we are not about a race medals or trinkets. I think the memories and free race photos are priceless.
• 6/10/16 Potluck and packet pickup 6 pm - ? at the Lower Chatcolet picnic area.
• 6/11/16 Race day -7:00 am packet pick up/late registration (cash or check only)
• 8:45 am ½ marathon pre-race meeting
• 9:00 am ½ marathon start
• 9:15 am 5 mile pre-race meeting
• 9:30 am 5 mile Start
• 10:30 am to ? Post -race meal
• 6/12/15 Mountain Bike race
• Heyburn State Park, 57 Chatcolet Lower Road, Plummer, Idaho. We will start at the Lower Chatcolet picnic area, just follow the Trail Maniac signs to the start. An Idaho Parks Pass is required or you can pay $5.00 in the Visitor’s Center. After the race enjoy a great post-race meal and beverages
• 1/2 marathon early registration $45.00, early registration ends 2/29/16 at midnight; regular registration is from 3/1/16 until 3/31/16at midnight; late registration is from 4/1/16until 6/8/16.
• 5 mile early registration $25.00.
• High quality short sleeve race shirt $25.00 ** Shirt sales end 5/21/16