Devil Dog COVID-19 Update
Due to permitting issues and the coronavirus pandemic, we’ve had to cancel the 2020 Devil Dog 100k and 100-miler. Instead, we’re having a special edition race: the Devil Dog Quarantine Puppy 50k. Read below for more info.
General registration will open on Ultrasignup on Oct. 17 at 0001. However, if you volunteered for Devil Dog in 2019, we want to say thank you by moving you to the front of the line. Email us at email@example.com with your name, email that you used to sign up to volunteer, and 2019 volunteer assignment for your unique early registration code, which you can use to register starting Oct. 16 at 0001. This does not guarantee you a spot, but it does allow you to claim one before we open things up for the masses.
Registration will be $80, and the race is capped at 70 runners. If the race fills, we’ll form a wait list and automatically move you into the field as spots open up. Sorry, no refunds this year.
Telegraph Road pavilion at Price William Forest Park in Triangle, Virginia.
0600: Telegraph Pavillion gate opens
0700: First start wave
1530: Course closes (8-hour time limit, plus a few bonus minutes to account for staggered start)
COVID Safety Measures
To keep everyone—runners and volunteers—safe during the race, we’re instituting a few changes to the pre-pandemic Devil Dog setup:
- Masks are REQUIRED at the start/finish, aid station, and parking lot areas. Failure to wear a mask in these areas will result in immediate disqualification. We mean it. MASKS ARE MANDATORY when around others.
- Packet pickup will be contactless.
- Aid stations and post-race chow will be contactless.
- Crew and pacers will not be permitted. Only registered Devil Dog runners, volunteers, and race staff are permitted past the Telegraph Road entrance gate.
- We’ll have a wave start. We’ll notify you of your start time a few days before the race. The beginning of each loop will be on the paved park road and double-track trail to allow runners to spread out.
We’ll likely make other tweaks as race day gets closer and we learn from the experiences of other fall races. But our goal will still be to have a party of a race while keeping everyone safe and socially distant.
The 50K will be three 10(ish)-mile loops starting and ending at Devil Dog’s Camp Toofy. The first 0.75-mile of each loop is on pavement, and the remainder is a 50/50(ish) mix of single track and gravel fire road. We’ll post the exact course and loop length as soon as we can get out and create some footprints in person.
We’ll have a main station at Camp Toofy (start/finish) and a second smaller aid station about halfway around the loop. Runners will have easy access to their vehicles after each loop.
We’re still sorting out post-race chow, but we’ll have something hot and yummy (in single servings with minimal contact) for you to fill your stomachs.
Contact us here.
Local time: 6:53 AM