The Gate2Gate Trail Run will showcase some of the best trails that North Central Florida has to offer. The race begins in the northern region of the San Felasco Hammock Preserve State Park just outside of Alachua, Florida and only a few miles from I-75 or Gainesville. As the Friends of San Felasco website states, "San Felasco Hammock was purchased under Florida’s Environmentally Endangered Lands Program in 1974 due to its diversity of plants and geological features. Today at over 7,000 acres, it is one of the largest protected contiguous stands of mesic hammock in Florida." (http://www.sanfelasco.org/)
The northern portion of San Felasco is home to miles of high-quality single-track mountain bike trails, open fields, and rolling hills. Our course incorporates all of these stunning characteristics. After the first 5 miles of the course, runners will transition into the double track hiking and birding trails of the southern portion of the park. The southern portion of the race will follow the blue trail loop back to the connector between the northern and southern areas of the park as runners return to the start.
Runners competing in the 25k will complete the circuit once and 50k runners will complete the circuit twice.
The course will be open for 8 hours for both distances.
Virtual Tour of the course courtesy of Strava Flyby:
For those of your who prefer a Google Earth file, here is the link:
Please follow this link for race updates:
Aid Station Locations
Mile 4 (Old Oak Road), 7.5 (South Gate), 11.75 (Old Oak Road), 15.75 (Start/Finish) 25k runners are done/drop bags for 50k runners
19.75 (Old Oak Road), 23.25 (South Gate), 27.5 (Old Oak Road) , 31.5 (Start/Finish)
Each aid station will have the following: water, electrolyte (Powerade), basic ultra foods like PB&J sandwiches, and various sweets and salty foods. We will not have any gels, S-Caps, or medications like ibuprofen at the aid stations. If you have specific dietary needs or prefer something other than Powerade, you will need to provide that for yourself.
In an effort to cut down on waste and litter, cups will not be provided at the aid stations. You will need to carry your own bottles/hydration vests/cups.
Also, please do not use single serving gel packs during the race. Even with the best intentions, they can end up on the trail and they are not biodegradable. Please help keep San Felasco litter free!
We will be offering guided training runs at least once a month starting in June. Make sure you follow and like our Facebook page to stay up to date. The link to our Facebook page is just below the banner at the top of this page.
Did you notice that this race is on the Florida Gators football team's bye-week? While there may not be a Gators game that day, we are going to make sure you get your tailgate fix at our TailGate2Gate celebration zone!
There will be food trucks and beer and sodas available for everyone, runners and spectators alike.
**Every finisher who is 21 or older will be given a voucher for a free celebratory craft beer from Swamp Head Brewery!**
Confirmed Food Trucks (check back for updates)
The Gate2Gate Trail Run is a benefit event. All net profits will be donated to two local non-profits: The Friends of San Felasco (Community Support Organization): http://www.sanfelasco.org/
Tacachale Developmental Disability Community
Tacachale is the oldest and largest community for Floridians with developmental disabilities. It is a progressive community dedicated to offering its residents the opportunities and services which respect and encourage their personal choices, enhance their quality of life, and maximize their individual potential.
Visit their sites to find out more about what they do for the Gainesville/Alachua communities.
Every finisher of either distance will receive a custom medal and an engraved glass (for re-hydrating at the finish, of course).
50k finishers will receive a custom designed trucker hat to commemorate the event!
Our race design was created by Brian Walline (http://www.brianwalline.com/) and we think he did an amazing job!
We are very lucky to have the following sponsors supporting the race:
Two Rules Running,
The Athlete's Den,
Swamp Head Brewery,
Lloyd Clarke Sports,
Friends of San Felasco CSO,
and Tipples Brews.
Local time: 11:16 PM
Consider spending a night either before or after the Gate2Gate Trail Run in one of the following motels or campgrounds.
* AlachuaEcono Lodge Alachua 386-462-2414Quality Inn 800-424-6423 or 386-462-2244Travelers Campground 386-462-2505
* GainesvilleBest Western Gateway Grand 877-221-0609 or 352-331-3336Country Inn & Suites by Carlson 800-596-2375 or 352 375-1550Courtyard by Marriott 800-321-2211 or 352-335-9100Days Inn 800-329-7466 or 386-462-3251Econo Lodge West 352-332-2346Hampton Inn & Suites 800-HAMPTON or 352-240-9300Hilton – University of Florida Convention Center 352-371-3600Hilton Garden Inn 352-338-1466Holiday Inn – University Center 352-376-1661Homewood Suites by Hilton 352-335-3133La Quinta 352-332-6466The Lodge at Gainesville 800-843-8735 or 352-375-2400Paramount Plaza Hotel 352-377-4000 or 877-992-9229Residence Inn 352-264-0000 or 352-371-2101Sleep Inn 352-376-4145Spring Hill Suites by Marriott 352-376-8873
* High SpringsGrady House B&B 386-454-2206High Springs Campground 386-454-1688High Springs Country Inn 386-454-1565O'Leno State Park Campground 386-454-1853Rustic Inn B&B 386-454-1223
* Oleno State Park and Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park both offer camping and are both about 20-30 minutes from the start of the race.
* Oleno: https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/Oleno
* Paynes Prairie: https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/Paynes-Prairie