Race Location and Time
Date: Aug 21-23, 2020
Location: East Fork Stables
3598 S. York Hwy. Jamestown, TN 38556
Jamestown is in the Central Standard Time Zone
Day 1: 13 miles (start time 3:30 PM CST)
Day 2: 50k (start time 6:00 AM CST)
Day 3: 16 miles (start time 8:00 AM CST)
3-Day Solo Runner: $145
Day 1 only: $45
Day 2 only: $65
Day 3 only: $45
Runners not wishing to race all three stages may race any combination of days (i.e. 1 & 3 and register separately).
3-Day Stage Race: Top 3 male and female runners will be recognized.
Individual races: Top male and female runners of each day will be recognized.
Shirts, and Guest Passes
Race shirts are *not* included in your entry fee. If you’d like to add one to your order, select that option during checkout.
Due to COVID-19 meals must be brought in
Guests staying at the campground are required to pay a $10/user fee per night. If you are driving up for the day, don’t worry about it.
Any/all of these options are viewable at checkout and the following link: https://ultrasignup.com/shopping.aspx?dtid=39084
Location and Time
To sign up for the GORUCK division, click on your distance and answer the question prompts accordingly.
GORUCK defines rucking as “walking with a weighted rucksack (aka backpack). It implies action, energy, and purpose. Rucking requires strength, endurance, and character -- and builds it, too.”
What is involved in rucking the CPSR? First, sign up for the ruck division when registering. You must be present for the pre-event weigh-in on each day that you participate. Details on weigh-in time and location will be sent out one week prior to the event. The dry weight of ruck requirements is 20lb pack for those over 150lb bodyweight and 10lb pack for those under 150lb bodyweight. Dry weight means you’ll take out all your food and water before we weigh your ruck. Dumping weight after weigh-in is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification. Do the right thing.
GORUCK has generously provided rucking division patches for all finishers of any leg(s) of the CPSR.
Please read! We’d hate for you to be surprised come race day.
The Cumberland Plateau Stage Race is a three-day stage race that provides runners and guests with amazing peak Tennessee trail running, guest speakers, tough terrain, beautiful overlooks, stunning views, craft beer, water activities and dance parties. Each day holds a different distance at the beautiful East Fork Stables, which is a stone’s throw from Big South Fork State Park. While the main focus of this event is trail running, Hardwin Adventures is also putting together a host of fun activities during the days for participants and their guests.
Race entry includes:
1-3 days of phenomenal trail running on well-marked trails
Mileage for the 3-day event totals approximately 60 miles
Well-stocked aid stations
Finisher awards (custom pint glass)
Jackalope craft beer
The campground features water, electricity, bathrooms, showers, and wifi
There are many updates to the event for 2020. The first day will remain as previous at around the half marathon distance. Stage 2 will have a distance of approximately 50k. This stage will feature a significant extension of Poncho’s Pass, the new trail we began cutting for the 2019 event. It is chock full of stunning rock features, slot canyons, tunnels, and beautiful greenery. The last day will be approximately 16 miles.
Saturday evening typically features a guest speaker. This year, we are excited to welcome Greg Armstrong to the event to hear about all of his fascinating running experiences. Greg has been a member of the USA 24hr World Team, set a course record on the Vol State road race. His unique approach to running, training, and nutrition is super interesting, and we can’t wait to hear what he has to say! We are hoping to live stream the discussion.
Hardin is working on a few surprises for Saturday’s event - we are hoping to bring in a masseuse and yoga instructor. This year we also added a rucking division. Welcome, ruckers!
1. Are there places to stay besides camping? Yes! The East Fork Stables website offers several cabins to rent. I would recommend the Bird houses because they are simple, and have AC.
2. Is there a cutoff time? Yes and no. We cannot have our volunteers and aid stations out on the trail all day, however, the whole event is on private property. If it is getting too late out we will come find you and evaluate together if you can finish.
3. What would cause you to cancel the event? Since we are running on a high bluff plateau, lightning and/or dangerous weather would provide cause for postponing the event. If that were to happen, we reserve the right to edit the race, with the goal of providing a top-notch experience to runners while keeping everyone safe.
4. Are there restaurants nearby? Yes, there are restaurants in nearby Jamestown. You can view them online.
5. What family-friendly activities are available? Bring the whole family, kids and all!! East Fork Stables features tons of hiking trails and mountain biking trails to play on. There are also several water holes in the area open for swimming.
6. Is RV camping available? Yes, there are full hookups but this will incur an additional cost. Please contact East Fork Stables if you are planning to hook up your RV.
7. Is it possible to run some but not all three days? Yes, we encourage you to challenge yourself, even if it means you run 1, 2, or all 3 days. You may register for them separately.
8. Can we camp out the night before our run and the night of? YES!
9. How do I select a campsite? There are hundreds of campsites. Once you check in with us, you can go ahead and pick any spot.
10. What do I do, there is no race layout?! Don’t fret, a race layout will be sent out to every participant a week before the race.
11. Can I volunteer a day that I'm not running? That would be very helpful! If you could, let us know ahead of time so we can coordinate. Feel free to reach out to: email@example.com or send us a message on Facebook/Instagram.