About the event
The 2019 Madder Marsh will be the held at Sterling Creek Park in Richmond Hill, GA on December 14th at 8:00am. This stunning trail loop is a new running / bike path winding through giant oak trees and wetlands that leads to the perimeter of some of the area’s most beautiful ponds and lakes.
The 50k and 25k event will feature loops of a generous width multi-surface trail, experiencing a mixture of wet & dry, trail & grass. Racers will enjoy a mostly flat and fast ~5.1+mile course six times for the 50k and three times for the 25k event.
• Relay teams may have up to 5 members. Full team not required..
• Please carpool as parking is limited.
• Flushing bathrooms are available onsite.
• You will likely see gators, snakes, turtles, and birds, but please avoid interacting with any of the local wildlife.
• This is a Cup-Free Event. Please bring a handheld or hydration system to keep yourself hydrated on the course. Most years, this is a hot and humid race and you’ll need to carry fluids on you.
• This event has an 8-Hour Cutoff. Final laps must be completed by 4PM in order to be counted.
• Proceeds from the race will help fund the community efforts of Family Promise Bryan County
• Camping is not available, but the nearest KOA is located nearby at:
o Richmond Hill KOA
Local time: 11:54 PM
o 4915 US Highway 17 South
o Richmond Hill, GA 31324
o Phone: 912-756-3396