RESULTS and PHOTOS
Final results (with detail - i.e. splits, chip vs gun time) are available here:
Race Photos by Jersey Miranda (AKA Chasqui Runner) and Pen Perez
THERE ARE ALSO PHOTOS OR HEADLANDS RUNNERS IN THE NIGHT SWEATS CROWDPIC link: https://crowdpic.com/events/345
Please do your best to credit the photographer when posting to social media.
#Headlandshundred #headlands100 #headlands
Marin Headlands, Golden Gate National Recreation Area
Welcome to Headlands Hundred, 75 mile, 50 Mile, Marathon, and the Triple Marathon (New!) events. Running in the Marin Headlands is a treat for any distance. Also known as "Trail Running Mecca" in California, you will enjoy vistas of the Pacific Coast as you take a scenic tour of the spectacular Marin Headlands with views of San Francisco, Tiburon, the Golden Gate Bridge and California coastline. The course is a 25-mile loop. For the 50, 75 and 100 mile distances, the first loop is clockwise. Then the course reverses direction to counterclockwise and alternate (“washing machine” loops). Marathon and triple marathon runners will add a 1.2 mile loop at the start before beginning the 25-mile loop.
Pacers are allowed after 50 miles in the 100 mile event. They are not allowed in other distances. The start is at 7:00 AM.
Triple Marathon Alert!
For 2019, we will once again be featuring the PCTR Triple Marathon Challenge. You will run three marathons in 34 hours. The first marathon just needs to be completed by the start of the second. The second marathon needs to be completed by the start of the third. The third must be completed by 5:00 PM on Sunday which is also the same time limit for the Hundred Milers.
- 1st Marathon: Headlands Marathon Starting at 8:30 AM Saturday Morning
- 2nd Marathon: Night Sweats Marathon Starting at 6:45 PM Saturday Night
- 3rd Marathon: PCTR Golden Marathon Starting at 7:00 AM Sunday Morning
Triple Marathoners Award: I will be creating something special for you with our Awards experts at Elevation Culture.
Get Swaggy With it
- 100 Milers: Victory Drop Bag "Bear 3", Choice of Hoodie or Jacket, and a shirt!
- All others: Choice of Hoodie or Jacket, and a shirt!
- Must register by September 1st 2019 to be guaranteed size and swag options.
100 Mile Elevation gain is 22,820 feet.
Each 25 mile loop is 5,705 feet in gain.
Poles are allowed, unless you are "running screwed".
"Running Screwed" = NO PACERS, NO CREW, NO POLES.
.2019 Race Start times:
7:00 AM - 100M
7:30 AM - 75M
8:00 AM - 50M
8:30 AM - Marathon & Triple Marathon
For the 2019 EVENT PARTICIPANT GUIDE click here
For the Parking Map click here
Rodeo Beach (Fort Cronkhite)
1049 Mitchell Rd
Sausalito, CA 94965
Bib/Swag Pick-up (optional for non 100 Mile entrants) Noon to 6:00PM: Bib/ Swag Pick-up
We will also have race-day Bib/Swag Pick-up.
4:00PM: San Francisco Running Company Owner, Jorge Maravilla, will be talking about what it takes to get it done in the Headlands.
4:30PM: Mandatory Race Briefing for 100 Mile entrants.(Not mandatory if you can tell me about your previous 100 Miles experiences that would show me that you will be fine)
247 Shoreline Highway
Mill Valley, CA 94941
(Highway 1 across from Proof Lab and Equator Coffee)
Course Map, Elevations & Turn Sheet
Course Map: Old Route | Revised 2019 Route | PG&E Trail Closure
2019 Course descriptions and elevation for Marathon, 50, 75, & 100 miles, click here
Time Limits and Cut-Off Times
- The time limit is 34 hours for 100 mile runners. All other distances have until 5pm on Sunday. 😊
- The intermediate cutoff time for the 100 mile run is to reach 50 miles in 17 hours or Midnight.
- You should arrive at the 75 mile mark by 8:45 am.
- We don’t want to pull anyone from the race. If you arrive after a cutoff, we’ll work with you to calculate a best-case finish time and help you make a decision as to whether to push on. While we want everyone to finish the event however, it is not always possible.
- Aid station captains have race director authority to stop any runner for safety reasons or if they are projected to not make the 34 hour time limit.
For the 100 miler, completion of any ultramarathon (> 26.2 miles) within the prior 18 months.
No qualification standards for 50 and 75 Mile distances.
Aid Stations/Drop Bags
Hydration: FLUID Sports Nutrition is the electrolyte beverage (Blueburry Pomegranate), water, Coke, and Ginger Ale.
Food: We will provide a variety of fresh fruit, salty and sugary snacks, potatoes, potato chips, PB&J sandwiches, salt tabs, sugary snacks, Coke, ginger ale and water.
All aid stations will have soup, grilled cheese, quesadillas, and more treats starting at 5pm on Saturday.
The 50, 75 and 100 mile runners may bring drop bags with personal needs. No large coolers or suitcases please. There will only be drop bags and finish line bags at The Start/Finish Area. No drop bags at Tennessee Valley.
- All Marathon, 50M, 75M, and Triple Marathon finishers will receive a Headlands Finishers Medal from Elevation Culture.
- Top 3 Male and Female podium awards for 100M, 50M, and Marathon finishers.
- Top 3 overall podium awards for 75M and Triple Marathon finishers.
- All 50M, 75M, and 100M Finishers will receive the Ultramarathon Finishers Coaster.
- All 100M Finishers will receive a Headlands Hundred Buckle:
- Sub-24 Hour 100M runners will receive a Zinc Belt Buckle - Color Antique Silver
- 24 hour to sub-34 hour 100M runners will receive a Zinc Belt Buckle - Color Antique Brass
- All distances are eligible for Age Group Awards in the following category:
Swag for 100 milers will have the Headlands Hundred Logo and all other distances will have the all distance inclusive Headlands 100/75/50/Marathon Logo. So if you drop down from the 100 to another event you will have a 100 mile sweatshirt/windbreaker and Victory drop bag.
All 100 Mile Entrants will receive a Victory Drop Bag with Headlands Hundred and PCTR Logo on it. 75 Mile, 50 Mile and Marathoner will have the option to buy a Victory drop bag at check out.
All Entrants will receive a shirt and choice between a jacket or sweatshirt.
After speaking with runners, we found many were interested in the Classic Headlands Logo Sweatshirt.
Please select "No Swag Option" in checkout to save $30 if you do not want a shirt or Jacket/Sweatshirt. Buckle is not swag. 100 Mile Finisher Buckle is your award for finishing Headlands Hundred.
- Earn $10 in PCTR Race Credits for every hour worked. (For example: 4 hrs = $40; 3.5 hrs = $35, etc.)
- Volunteer 8+ hour shift and earn $40 bonus credits for event.
- Earn 2X Credits for bad weather volunteering in rain.
- Earn 2X Credits from 8pm to 6am. (Headlands & Night Sweats Only)
- Receive the coveted PCTR "Go Run a Trail!" shirt. *Must volunteer a minimum of 5 hours to get the shirt. If you already have too many of these shirts and want a race shirt instead, then come by the finish line tent to see if we have any more in your size.
- Enjoy a meal from our Post Race BBQ Chef Team.
- You will not earn credits for volunteering unless you sign up to volunteer.
- If you sign up to volunteer and bring one or more friends with you to volunteer (who have not signed up), then they will not earn credits.
***Race credits are not transferable to anyone but yourself.***
- If you are entered in an event and bring a friend or family to help volunteer a few hours or more, then you can earn their credits for another race... that is if they don't run. ??
- All credits must be used in one year from the time earned or they will expire.
If you are unable to participate in the event you paid for and miss the 45-day or 15-day withdraw notification window because you are unable to run due to whatever reason, then consider volunteering to earn race credits. By volunteering at the intended event or another event within 30 days before your event, you can earn up to 100% of your entry and more depending on how many hours you volunteer. Email PCTR at RunPCTR@gmail.com.
Click here to volunteer: https://www.pacificcoasttrailruns.com/volunteer
Refunds, Transfers, Race Credit Policies
If you are unable to participate in the event you paid for and miss the 45 or 14 day window because you are unable to run due to injury or under training, and volunteer at the intended event or another event within 30 days of your event, then we will apply 100% race credit for a future PCTR event. You will also receive additional race credits for the hours you volunteered.
Refunds & Transfers
Entry fees associated with Pacific Coast Trail Run Events are non-refundable and non-transferable. The amount of time and expense that goes into a PCTR event is high. Contracts, permit fees, awards, shirts, and all things associated with your event happen a long time before your race day. Surely, if many of you wanted a refund because you got injured, become sick, or have to attend a family function, then all trail running companies would be out of business. We also do not transfer entries for numerous reasons. We do, and will provide race credits for a future PCTR event (less Ultrasignup.com registration fees) shall something come up that prevents you from attending the event you paid for.
For 100% race credit towards another PCTR event, you must notify us 45 days before your event. For 50% race credit, you must notify PCTR prior to 14 days before your event. For 25% race credit, you must notify PCTR prior to 72 hours remaining before your event. Your race credits will be valid for one year from the time you earned them.
Clean Sport Pledge
We pledge to support clean sport by inviting to athletes to compete at our events who are committed to training, racing and living clean and not inviting athletes to compete who have tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. We are in favor of random drug testing, especially when there is prize money offered at the event. Our organization also chooses to not work with coaches and agents that have athletes that are currently working with athletes that have tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. We understand we have a responsibility to protect a level playing field and we will be role models in the community as ambassadors and advocates for clean sport. We pledge to honor clean sport by inviting and supporting clean athletes at our races.
Pacific Coast Trail Runs upcoming events
Local time: 8:51 PM