Important Links for Entrants
Results will be posted shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Link to 2021 Race Participant Guide
EVENT START TIMES
Headlands 150M -100M - 100K - 50M - 26.2M Start Times Link
- 150M, 100K, and 50M start times are firm.
- 100K and 50M will have 15 minutes to start from 6:00AM to 6:15AM.
- No one else will start with the 150M entrants. - 100M if you still have yet to email us to let us know your start time, please do at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 100M Options are between 8:00PM and 11:00PM on Friday or between 6:00AM to 6:15AM on Saturday.
- ALL Entrants have until 3:00PM on Sunday to finish.
- CUT-OFF for final Loop is 8:00AM for all distances.
Headlands & Night Sweats Map
Headlands 25M Turn Descriptions (Clockwise & Counter Clockwise)
RunGoApp Link Headlands 25M Clockwise Loop
Strava Link Headlands 25M Clockwise Loop
RunGoApp Link Headlands 25M Counter Clockwise Loop
Strava Link Headlands 25M Clockwise Loop
RunGoApp Link Headlands & Night Sweats Marathon
Strava Link Headlands & Night Sweats Marathon
- Distance 26.2M
- Elevation Gain 5,028 feet
- Distance 50.2M
- Elevation Gain 10,010 Feet (5,005 feet per loop)
- Course: Clockwise (25M) + Counter Clockwise (25M)
- Distance 64.9M
- Elevation Gain 12,880 Feet of gain
- Course: Clockwise (25M) + Counter Clockwise (25M) +15K Loop (Green/White) + 8K Loop (Orange/White)
- Distance 100.4M
- Elevation Gain 20,020 Feet (5,005 feet per loop)
- Course: Clockwise (25M) + Counter Clockwise (25M) x 2
- Distance 150.6M
- Elevation Gain 30,030 Feet (5,005 feet per loop)
- Course: Clockwise (25M) to Counter Clockwise (25M) x 3
RACE & COVID-19 UPDATES:
As part of the collective efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19 & Delta/Lambda Variants and the associated health impacts on our community and beyond, Golden Gate National Recreation Area GGNRA -National Parks Service will require the following of Pacific Coast Trail Runs:
1. No Post Event Celebration or Award Ceremonies are allowed.
2. No Alcohol to be served.
3. No hot food prep or service at finish line or aid stations.
4. Only pre-packaged food to be served at finish line or aid stations.
5. Offer waves, or heats to reduce large group starts across all distances.
6. Masking is not required. It is however recommended and encouraged when around people.
7. Vaccination is not required of runners or volunteers.
We kindly ask that you wear a mask when checking in to pick up your bib and swag.
To be guaranteed race swag sizes, you must be registered by 8/6.
2021 START TIMES:
150M Thursday 8/19 - 5:00PM
100M Start #1 Friday 8/20 - 8:00PM (43 Hour Time Limit)
100M Start #2 Friday 8/20 - 11:00PM (40 Hour Time Limit)
100M Start #3 Saturday 8/21 - 6:00AM (33 Hour Time Limit)
- We ask all fast runners to start here. We will audit the entrants list.
100K Saturday 8/21 - 6:00AM
50M Saturday 8/21 - 6:00AM
26.2M - Sunday at 5:00 AM. If you want to start Friday at 8am, please let us know. There are no entrants in the Triple Marathon. We do want to accommodate those that originally wanted to run at this time.
150M - Sunday 8/21 @ 3:00PM (70 Hours)
100M - Sunday 8/21 @ 3:00PM (43H, 40H, 33 Hours)
100K - Sunday 8/21 @ 6:00AM (24 Hours)
50M - Sunday 8/21 @ 6:00AM (24 Hours)
Marathons have a 10 hour time limit.
We added the 150M distance to Live/In-Person Racing.
- Your start time will be 5pm on Thursday, August 19th.
- You will have 70 hours to complete the 6 loops.
- Sub-40 Hour Buckle (Made of Sterling Silver)
- Sub-70 hour buckle (Made of Brass)
- All aid stations will open at 8am on Friday morning..
- You will have a gps tracker on your person for safety. We will also use chip timing as back-up
- EMT will be on site from the time you start to the time you finish.
- You will need to make sure you have crew for the first 15 hours on course.
- The course will be marked and maintained for your safe journey to the finish line.
- There will be also be several PCTR staff with Wilderness First Aid Certifications.
COVID-19 will be part of our lives through 2021. Anything can happen between now and then. Please note you are registering for an event that will go over 4 days in the Marin Headlands. #stayawaydeltavariant
Marin Headlands, Golden Gate National Recreation Area
Welcome to Headlands 150M, 100M, 100K, 50M, Marathon, and the Triple Marathon events. Running in the Marin Headlands is a treat for any distance. Also known as "Trail Running Mecca" in California, you will enjoy vistas of the Pacific Coast as you take a scenic tour of the spectacular Marin Headlands with views of San Francisco, Tiburon, the Golden Gate Bridge and California coastline. The course is a 25-mile loop. For the 50, and 100 mile distances, the first loop is clockwise. Then the course reverses direction to counterclockwise and alternate (“washing machine” loops). Marathon and triple marathon runners will add a 1.2 mile loop at the start before beginning the 25-mile loop.
The 100K will run the first 25 mile loop clockwise, the second loop counter clockwise and the third loop (TBD) will be at least a 12.2 mile add-on.
Pacers are allowed after 50 miles in the 100K, 100 and 150 mile events. Safety Runners are allowed for the 100M 150M night starts.
They are not allowed in other distances.
Race Start times & Time Limits
150M Thursday 8/19 - 5:00PM
100M Start #1 WINDOW Friday 8/20 - 8:00PM TO 11:00PM (Time Limit 3:00PM SUNDAY)
- 100M Start #2 Saturday 8/21 - 6:00AM (33 Hour Time Limit)
- We ask all fast runners to start here. This is also the PA-USATF Start time
- We will audit the entrants list for fast people entering earlier than 33 hour time limit. Shall you ignore this we will pull you from the event. It is bad form to run fast as an early starter. EARLY STARTS ARE ONLY FOR SLOWER RUNNERS!
- 100K Saturday 8/21 - 6:00AM
- 50M Saturday 8/21 - 6:00AM
- Headlands Marathon Sunday 8/22
150M - Sunday 8/21 @ 3:00PM (70 Hours)
100M - Sunday 8/21 @ 3:00PM (43H-33H)
100K - Sunday 8/21 @3:00PM (33 Hours)
50M - Sunday 8/21 @ 6:00AM (33 Hours)
Marathon has a 10 hour time limit.
8/18/21 MODIFIED PARKING MAP - Please open and park in the Green Boxes.here
Rodeo Beach (Fort Cronkhite)
1049 Mitchell Rd
Sausalito, CA 94965
PRE-RACE Bib/Swag Pick-up (TBD - awaiting county guidance) We need to minimize contact and exposure at all times Bib/ Swag Pick-up
Running Store Partner:
San Francisco Running Company, Mill Valley
No PRE-RACE Briefing at store as done in previous years.
PRE-RACE Briefing will be done via video.
Qualifications to run our ultra-distance events
No qualification standards needed for this event. Feel free to register for any distance.
Aid Stations/Drop Bags
DUE TO US DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH (HHS) and NATIONAL PARKS SERVICE / GOLDEN GATE NATIONAL RECREATION AREA has limited Pacific Coast Trail Runs service due to COVID-19 / Delta & Lambda Variants.
- NO FESTIVAL SETTING
- NO AWARDS CEREMONY
- NO ALCOHOL SERVICE
- NO HOT FOOD PREPARATION ON SITE
- CAN SERVE "Grab'N'go" post race meals to be consumed off site.
- AID STATIONS CANNOT PREPARE HOT FOOD OR HOT WATER.
- WE WILL HAVE "Grab'N'go" soft tacos (rice/cheese & beans/rice/cheese) and quesadillas to run with.
- WE RECOMMEND YOU CREATE A WAY TO BOIL HOT WATER and we will give you prepackaged food to pour into away from aid station.
What we will be serving:
- Hydration: FLUID Sports Nutrition is the electrolyte beverage (Blueberry Pomegranate), Coke, Ginger Ale, Water.
- Food: Whole Banana taken with you. Whole Tangerine Taken with you. Prepackaged "Oreo" Cookies 2-packs, Lays Small Bag of Potato Chips, "Scooby Snacks" Animal Crackers, Clif Z-bars, Black Forest Gummy Bears, GU Blocks, & Fruit/Veggie Squeezes.
- PLEASE TAKE ALL TRASH TO NEXT AID STATION
POST RACE: Grab and Go. All entrants will be able to grab a special box of love and drink from Chef Yaku.
150M finishers will receive a buckle made by “Comstock Heritage”, the same company making the buckles for Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run.
- 150M Sterling Silver sub-40 hour
- 150M Brass Buckle sub-70 hour
All 100M Finishers will receive a Headlands Hundred Buckle:
- Sub-24 Hour 100M runners will receive a Zinc Belt Buckle - Color Antique Silver
- 24 hour to sub-43 Hr 100M finshers will receive a Zinc Belt Buckle - Color Antique Brass
All Other Finishers below 100M category will receive finsher medal.
All ultramarathon finishers to receive special commemorative “Ultramarathon Finisher” award.
All distances are eligible for Age Group Awards in the following category:
70-79, & 80+
- Earn $10 in PCTR Race Credits for every hour worked. (For example: 4 hrs = $40; 3.5 hrs = $35, etc.)
- Volunteer 8+ hour shift and earn $40 bonus credits for event.
- Earn 2X Credits for bad weather volunteering in rain.
- Earn 2X Credits from 8pm to 6am. (Headlands & Night Sweats Only)
- Receive the coveted PCTR "Go Run a Trail!" shirt. *Must volunteer a minimum of 5 hours to get the shirt. If you already have too many of these shirts and want a race shirt instead, then come by the finish line tent to see if we have any more in your size.
- Enjoy a meal from our Post Race BBQ Chef Team.
- You will not earn credits for volunteering unless you sign up to volunteer.
- If you sign up to volunteer and bring one or more friends with you to volunteer (who have not signed up), then they will not earn credits.
***Race credits are not transferable to anyone but yourself.***
- If you are entered in an event and bring a friend or family to help volunteer a few hours or more, then you can earn their credits for another race... that is if they don't run.
- All credits must be used in one year from the time earned or they will expire.
If you are unable to participate in the event you paid for and miss the 45-day or 15-day withdraw notification window because you are unable to run due to whatever reason, then consider volunteering to earn race credits.
Refunds, Transfers, Race Credit Policies
Below is our standard policy.
If you are unable to participate in the event you paid for and miss the 45 or 14 day window because you are unable to run due to injury or under training, and volunteer at the intended event or another event within 30 days of your event, then we will apply 100% race credit for a future PCTR event. You will also receive additional race credits for the hours you volunteered.
Refunds & Transfers
Entry fees associated with Pacific Coast Trail Run Events are non-refundable and non-transferable. The amount of time and expense that goes into a PCTR event is high. Contracts, permit fees, awards, shirts, and all things associated with your event happen a long time before your race day. Surely, if many of you wanted a refund because you got injured, become sick, or have to attend a family function, then all trail running companies would be out of business. We also do not transfer entries for numerous reasons. We do, and will provide race credits for a future PCTR event (less Ultrasignup.com registration fees) shall something come up that prevents you from attending the event you paid for.
For 100% race credit towards another PCTR event, you must notify us 45 days before your event. For 50% race credit, you must notify PCTR prior to 14 days before your event. For 25% race credit, you must notify PCTR prior to 72 hours remaining before your event. Your race credits will be valid for one year from the time you earned them.
Clean Sport Pledge
We pledge to support clean sport by inviting to athletes to compete at our events who are committed to training, racing and living clean and not inviting athletes to compete who have tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. We are in favor of random drug testing, especially when there is prize money offered at the event. Our organization also chooses to not work with coaches and agents that have athletes that are currently working with athletes that have tested positive for performance enhancing drugs. We understand we have a responsibility to protect a level playing field and we will be role models in the community as ambassadors and advocates for clean sport. We pledge to honor clean sport by inviting and supporting clean athletes at our races.
Pacific Coast Trail Runs upcoming events
Local time: 3:03 AM