Logan Peak COVID-19 Guidelines
Update as of June 8.
Utah has entered the “Low Risk Phase”, or yellow. The guidelines below are applicable to group activities, and in particular the Logan Peak Trail Run
In-person operation of this industry is allowable under increased cleaning regimen and operational protocols in place to ensure safe distancing restrictions are met
• Must have ability to track attendance
• No temporary mass gatherings as defined in Rule R392-400
• Event size can exceed 50 individuals if organizational oversight can be provided that ensures guidelines are followed. Formal organizations will complete event management template. This document must be kept and available for inspection by the local health officer or designee
• Organizations are encouraged to utilize the Healthy Together mobile app to help contain the spread of COVID19 among its employees and patrons
• A 6-foot distance must be maintained between household groups at all times including while seated
• Limit the number of people in a confined area to enable adequate distancing at all times
• Maintain signage to remind and help individuals stand at least 6 feet apart when in common areas or while visiting exhibits (e.g. museums, zoos, aquariums, aviaries, botanical gardens)
• Distribution of promotional items, candy, food items, etc. during spectator events must be distributed in a manner that does not promote congregating
• Congregating at any point is not allowed
• Participants (e.g., players, performers, actors) in events should have their symptoms checked (checklist or verbal), including temperature checks when feasible
• Dedicated staff for sanitizing high-touch areas
• Maintain 6-foot distancing for all lines
• To the extent reasonable, serve grab-and-go food items
* Symptoms include fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or above, cough, trouble breathing, sore throat, sudden change in taste or smell, muscle aches or pains.
An email will be sent to all runners with a bit more detail regarding check in/start/finish/food etc.
New for 2020
Here's the new stuff for 2020.
You can still sign up for the 22 mile distance. It's the same price as the 28 mile. but keep in mind if you're a fast burner, that I only offer the lunch money to the 28 mile runners. So, just sign up for the 28 mile. I'll still have a finisher time for you at the 22 mile distance and you'll still get a nifty finisher mug.
No price increase for 2020. I'm keeping the entry fee the same. One of the cheaper races for a marathon or greater distance.
There may be race day entry. Depends on how many sign up ahead of time. Race day entry, if offered, is pricier and there's no guarantee of a shirt.
I think that's about it. See you in June.
The Logan Peak Trail Run traverses the mountainous area around Logan Peak through Logan Dry Canyon and Providence Canyon (the main drainage's just south of Logan Canyon). During this challenging event, runners travel a bit over 26 miles on a predominantly loop course with over 6600 ft elevation gain. Amazing views, lots of climbing, and varied terrain/habitat are just a few reasons to run this course. The elevation gain/loss makes this event roughly comparable to many 50 K races. The race is a spectacular opportunity to experience the outstanding trails around Cache Valley, and Logan is a great place to hang out and have fun.
Runners also have an option to complete only the Syncline Loop (avoiding the 1070 foot climb to and descent from Logan Peak).
I don’t do them….period…..don’t ask….I think they’re stupid…..everyone pays the same price unless you register late, then you’ll pay a procrastination tax.
Refunds are available only if the race fills and there is someone to take your place. Otherwise, sorry. Also, rollovers aren't done either. Check the Buffalo Run Adventures website for full refund and rollover details.
I don't allow transfers. It's a liability issue. Please don't ask.
Wait list info
If the race fills and you are on the waitlist, you need to check your email often. If you receive an invite to register, in other words, you are off the waitlist, you have 48 hours to respond, otherwise you'll be removed and I'll move on to the next person on the list.
Local time: 12:34 PM